21 Ways To Read A Tarot Card -- step FOUR

america220

The Rider Tarot: Chariot

Sir George is all alone in his chariot, about to take on this great quest, but he does not tremble. All he needs is his two companions, the sphinxes, and they shall overcome anything with him. It is only the dawn of the first day on this quest, and the kingdom is not that far behind him. With his spear he is ready to take on any foe that comes his way.

I cannot believe they sent me out here alone to fetch myself a princess. I mean yes, I have a spear and armor, so I can fight maybe one man at a time, but come on. I need an army or something to steal away a princess! What do they think I am, a god?
It's okay though, I have my two sphinxes, John and Mary, to keep me company. It is dawn, and I am ready to take on the day. I am alone, but I guess I can take this journey on with bravery. I need to be strong and do this. I will conquer!

When I was thirteen I was taken in by my cousins on my father's side. We all still lived in Texas, not far from my dad. Then one day my "parents" come back from their anniversary trip, and declare that we are moving to las vegas! But they asked me if I wanted to go with them, or if I wanted to stay with my dad (who didn't have a job at the time) I decided to go with them to a completely new state, and away from my dad. I'm 22 now, still in vegas, and glad to say that I faced my fears and became an okay adult. :)

Hooked on TdM

21 Ways to Read Tarot
Apprentice Step 4
Tarot of the Cat People
8 of Cups
August 18, 2014

1. Once upon a time a young dark prince was banished from his kingdom. He had been spoiled his whole life and had lived in the lap of luxury. His best companion was a jet black cat that had been born the same day as him. His cat’s name was Sade and the prince was known as Prince Rupert. As the Prince became older he became more selfish and unruly. Eventually he became so selfish and argumentative that his father banished him from the kingdom. He was allowed only the clothes on his back and his companion Sade. He was blindfolded, tied and gagged and brought to a great desert on the back of a wagon. The guards knocked him out, and left him unbound, beneath the shade of a rock in the desert. Sade was left by his side to await his awakening. When the Prince awoke he was horrified to find himself and Sade in the cruel desert. His people had little knowledge of the desert and survival was a slime hope. The Prince knew enough to travel by night and sleep by day to avoid the most serious of burns and thirst. No matter what direction he looked towards, the Prince could only see dunes, sand and occasional rocks. There were no paths, no people and no food or water. Since it was early evening, the Prince choose a direction that seemed to lead to a further outcropping of rocks and hoped for the best. They struggled through the sands for hours. Each step the Prince felt heavier and heavier. Sade struggled along and the Prince felt deep regrets for his beloved cat to have been cast out alongside him. After trudging along half the night, the Prince finally arrived at the small outcropping of rocks. In a crevice between the rocks was a cache of beautiful golden cups filled with water. He drank with abandon and ensured his cat had enough to drink only at the last minute. It was the very first time the Prince had ever thought of another being other than himself. He was unused to seeing to another’s needs and had no idea of what he should actually do. They finished off seven out of the eight cups. The Prince knew they must keep going and try to find suitable shade for the day that was quickly approaching. He wanted to take the last cup with him but knew the strong winds would just fill the cup with sand and waste what little water there was. Sade and the Prince began walking again and left the cup behind. He looked back over his shoulder at the cup and his hand involuntarily clenched as if holding that cup. Sade paid no attention at all to what they left behind them and simply concentrated on the next step. She knew they would need all their strength and wits to have any hopes of surviving. The Prince was unaware of the misery settling on Sade’s shoulders as he was still lost in the past of what might have been. They set out across the dune’s, with the sun threatening to rise.

2. I was banished from my kingdom. I had been spoiled my whole life and had lived in the lap of luxury. My best companion was a jet black cat that had been born the same day as me. My cat’s name was Sade and I was known as Prince Rupert. As I became older I became more selfish and unruly. Eventually I became so selfish and argumentative that my father banished me from the kingdom. I was allowed only the clothes on my back and my companion Sade. I was blindfolded, tied and gagged and brought to a great desert on the back of a wagon. The guards knocked me out, and left me unbound, beneath the shade of a rock in the desert. Sade was left by my side to await my awakening. When I awoke he was horrified to find myself and Sade in the cruel desert. My people had little knowledge of the desert and survival was a slime hope. I knew enough to travel by night and sleep by day to avoid the most serious of burns and thirst. No matter what direction I looked towards, I could only see dunes, sand and occasional rocks. There were no paths, no people and no food or water. Since it was early evening, I choose a direction that seemed to lead to a further outcropping of rocks and hoped for the best. We struggled through the sands for hours. With each step I felt heavier and heavier. Sade struggled along and I felt deep regrets for my beloved cat to have been cast out alongside me. After trudging along half the night, I finally arrived at the small outcropping of rocks. In a crevice between the rocks was a cache of beautiful golden cups filled with water. I drank with abandon and ensured my cat had enough to drink only at the last minute. It was the very first time I had ever thought of another being other than myself. I was unused to seeing to another’s needs and had no idea of what I should actually do. We finished off seven out of the eight cups. I knew we must keep going and try to find suitable shade for the day that was quickly approaching. I wanted to take the last cup with me but knew the strong winds would just fill the cup with sand and waste what little water there was. Sade and I began walking again and left the cup behind. I looked back over my shoulder at the cup and my hand involuntarily clenched as if holding that cup. Sade paid no attention at all to what we left behind us and simply concentrated on the next step. She knew we would need all our strength and wits to have any hopes of surviving. I was unaware of the misery settling on Sade’s shoulders as I was still lost in the past of what might have been. We set out across the dunes, with the sun threatening to rise.

3. This is like raising a child to me. I had no clue what I was doing, I was single and could barely care for myself to start with. I had many regrets over my actions and it took a while to learn to look forward at where I was going and how to care for both of us. At times there was extreme sadness but also great joy.

DarkYarns

21 Ways: Step Four

Illuminated Tarot, Eight of Cups

Once there was a boy who lived in a small house with his grandfather. His parents had never been there, and he had never thought to wonder about their absence. The boy's grandfather was kindly and wise, but not very lively, and the little boy learned to entertain himself in his imagination. Their life was not very exciting, but the grandfather did have a great treasure - nine golden cups that he kept in a locked wooden chest under his bed. He told the little boy that one day these cups would belong to him and he, too, would grow old in this house and guard these cups when his grandfather passed on. The little boy found the cups interesting and loved to admire reflections in the shiny golden surfaces of the cups - sometimes he would imagine himself a great king with a chalice. As he grew older, the boy grew restless with his quiet life with his grandfather. He spent more time in nature, fishing, walking the hills, and learning the ways of the plants and flowers. He wondered what lay beyond the mountains and dreamed of far-off places. Finally, the old grandfather lie on his death bed, and told his grandson, "I must tell you a great secret of the nine cups - they each hold a secret, but you may only choose one." "How shall I know which secret lies in which cup?," the boy asked, but his grandfather did not answer. He breathed his last the next morning, and the boy buried him near the house they had shared. The boy turned to the cups. He examined each one for hidden details, gazed at his reflection in the cups, tried drinking water and ale from them, but found nothing and felt nothing. As he grew more and more frustrated with his inability to understand what lie inside the cups, his mind again turned to thoughts of far away places, and he began to wander the hills again. He decided that as soon as he discovered their secret, he would set out for the place beyond the mountains, and never return. Several months passed this way, with the now young man spending his days wondering and dreaming of leaving, and each night trying to discover the secret of the cups. Finally, he believed that he would never discover the secret of the cups, and he chose one at random. He packed it in his bag with his few belongings, and began to walk toward the distant mountains, leaving the eight cups behind for whoever might wish to discover their secrets.

Today I left the home I shared with my grandfather my whole life. I left flowers on his grave by the lake, now covered with soft and bright green new grass. My grandfather was kindly and wise, but he was old and quiet, and kept mostly to himself. I learned to entertain myself by walking the hills and learning the language of the plants and the animals that lived there. My grandfather didn't talk much - but when he did, he spoke of his great treasure - nine golden cups that he kept in a locked wooden chest under his bed. He said that one day these cups would belong to me, and he always thought I would grow old in this house and guard these cups when he passed on. I found the cups interesting and loved to admire reflections in their shiny golden surfaces - sometimes I imagined myself a great king with a chalice. As I grew older, I grew restless this quiet life. I spent more time in nature, wondering what lay beyond the mountains and dreaming of far-off places. Life went on like this until my old grandfather grew ill and lie on his death bed. He beckoned me close and said, "I must tell you a great secret of the nine cups - they each hold a secret, but you may only choose one." "How shall I know which secret lies in which cup?," I asked, but my grandfather did not answer. He breathed his last the next morning, and the I buried him by the lake. I turned to the cups, examining each one for hidden details or special markings. I gazed at my reflection in the cups, tried drinking water and ale from them, but found nothing and felt nothing. As I grew frustrated with the silent cups, I began to think again of far away places. I decided that as soon as I discovered their secret, I would set out for the place beyond the mountains, and never return. Several months passed this way, spending my days wondering and dreaming of leaving, and each night trying to discover the secret of the cups. Finally, I understood that I would never discover the secret of the cups, and I might grow old this way, as my grandfather had, never seeing the world. I chose one cup at random, packed it with my few belongings, and now I am following the distant lights beyond the mountains, leaving the eight other cups behind for whoever might discover their secrets.

I'm not sure why I wrote the story that I wrote - I just followed the guidance to start writing and keep writing without thinking too hard about it. As a child, I did have to learn to entertain myself and I spent a lot of time outdoors (we lived in the country). Time outdoors was time away from constant chores and my step mother's nastiness. There was a creek near our house and I went fishing there a lot - I caught small fish and the occasional tenacious crawdad who grabbed the bait and wouldn't let go. I dug earthworms, I hung out under the small bridge that crossed the creek by our house, and I remember marveling at the mica that could be found there, and spending a lot of time picking apart the translucent layers. I found things no one else would have found - a wild rose bush that grew at the end of one of the fields by a fence, and a patch of wild gourds that grew on the creek embankment. I picked apart seeds and watched things grow. My recurrent dream in childhood was that I had a magical secret garden where no one could find me, and where I was completely safe - a result of the time I spent outdoors. I now live in Washington State, and am surrounded by magnificent natural wonders - the Columbia Gorge, the Pacific Coast, and beautiful forests. I realize writing this that as a child I had a real love of and reverence for nature, and I don't appreciate it enough or spend enough time out of doors, and that's something I should work on.

pandap

21 Steps Rider Waite the Hanged Man

Once upon a time there was a young man who lived in his village, surrounded by women. He had an easy life, the women all to happy to do everything for him. One day however, he decided to leave his village and venture out into the world.

He didn't put any thought into his adventure - he left simply with the clothes on his back. He didn't give a thought as to where his food would come from, or where he would sleep, as he was used to the women of the village doing everything for him.

After many hours, he grew tired and hungry. He came across a group of people at a river, having a picnic under a large tree. They had so much food! The young man asked if he could have a bite, as he hadn't eaten for many hours and was very tired from his walking. One of the people in the group told him he would need to do a challenge and then he could eat whatever he wanted, provided he let them hang him upside down from a tree. They said when he freed himself, he could eat everything that was there.

The people hung him from the tree, then left, leaving the array of food just under his head.

After hanging for some time, he looked up and saw how easily he could get himself free. He desperately wanted the food, but he couldn't be bothered to exert himself to free himself. He thought if he just waited, someone would come along and get him down, then he could eat. He thought how much easier it would be for himself, and after all, the food would still be there for him to eat. So he just hung there, waiting and waiting and waiting for someone to come along and free him. The longer he hung there, the more used to it he became, and the more used to it he became, the less inclined he became to help himself.

THE END

gypsy white bear

21ways - step4 - legacy deck - koc

koc - son of mighty water

once upon a time...
there's a calm and kind king who rules over the kingdom of water
he's strict but emotional. he knows how to control his emotion to be good manner as a king. he usually uses his heart rather than his mind to judge his citizen.
people said that he's son of great mother of water - the goddess building this kingdom looks after their safety from above. she has appearance of a golden seahorse with seashell-made armor.
why people said that? it's just not a rumor. he has a sacred chamber with a pool of holy water, every wishes he makes in there come true as he drink the holy water. he's just blessed and that's why people said that

i'm still here, in my meditation corner of my chamber.
i'm glad that my wishes come true all the time and my citizen, my kingdom is safe and wealthy.
but if this time it wont work?
people expect from me too much, i cant let them down even this kind of job is too harsh.
yes, i'd been chosen to be a king but i'm not son of any above powers. i'm just a emotional men try to control emotion not to interfere in my judgement alot, a emotional normal men try his best to keep his people safe and sound
who can i share my emotion? my fears? my difficulties?
maybe only great mother of water. afterall, i'm her son, arent i?
please keep blessing me and my people
i sacrifice my whole life to u to keep everyone and everything i love unharm.
i pray to you, above powers

back to the time i were a manager of a mini restaurant
i tried all of my best, i gave everything that i got
i work from 5am to 10pm continuedly 7days a week, i even cut my wage when time got hard
but who knew?
the owner who hired me, they just wanted profit and to hear good news
the employees who work for me, they just wanted to finish their job to get wage
noone cared how i managed marketing just with tiny resources, how i duel with prises, orders, stocks, everything
they just expected from me so high that when i fail, they said that's because of not trying my best
i'm human too
i'm flaw

zhadee

Russian Tarot osp - 10 of Cups

Following the completion of your story, re-tell it in the first person. You can play the role of any number of characters in your story (which may have more characters than is shown in the card).

Finally as our third step, tell of personal experiences that relate to some portions of your story. Read Mary's questions about this third step and seek to incorporate them into your comments. The more you cover, the more you dig into yourself, the more questions you answer, the more you (and all of us) will get out of this exercise.

Once upon a time, there was a young woman who flew from the monastry with ten cups in her bag. She wandered far away, found herself a good man, and she gave birth to two children. All the time she kept the 10 cups safely, using them quite frequently as each of them had the ability to change the quality of the liquid it contained. One of those cups could make a healing potion which cured any disease, even those nobody ever mentions. She never hesitates to offer a cup to anyone who asks her for a drink. She likes to offer tea, and any herbal infusion she offers seems to work differently. One can never know what the cups come up with.
But all the time the woman felt guilty about having stolen those cups in the first place. One fine day, her husband took the whole family to visit the monastery. He had noticed his wife being unhappy, and he wants her to be free from worry for even though she had become a famous healer she always knew - this was not hers. All the time she had been a thief! It was not her who healed the people, it was in fact the cups which belonged to the monastery.

Like my mother and my mother's mother I was born there, and I have always worked in the monastery like my mother and my mother's mother did. I have no child, that's why I always have to take care for other women's children. On my way back to the monastery, I see a young couple standing in a distance. My eyes are not too well, and my feet do hurt, so I have to walk slowly. The woman looks at me, and she recognizes me before I can clearly see her face. She looks terrified, and she folds her hands to a prayer. I know, like everybody in the monastery, that she took away those cups when she went away. But that silly girl never understood these cups being hers from the beginning. Like everyone who manages to leave that monastery she received them as a gift, and she got them in the apropriate manner. By the look of her face I can see she still has a bad conscience. Who am I to tell her everything is alright when she should have learned by now that she is the only one the cups ever would serve to make any potion at all?

I can relate to the young woman in many aspects, and like her I get that crazy, terrified look when I cannot get things done in the way I believe they should be. I often have to soothe myself, telling me that everything is alright, and that I will find a way out.

Gwenelan

My card was The Judgement, from the Golden Tarot.

1) Once upon a time, there was a girl who had sinned. Actually, she had sinned and she kept sin every day. But, she didn't understand what was to sin, and how she was sinning. "You are a really bad girl!" said her mother, "You must not steal!". Yes, she stole some food, and some money too, but she was starving. Her mother was starving too, and so her father and her brother. She didn't stole *that much*, she really doubted other families were starving because she stole a couple pieces of bread and some coin. "You have sinned! You must repent!" said her mother. But she could not repent: she was hungry. She stopped stealing, and she was even hungrier. She spent her time looking at food stalls and food shops in town. The shopkeepers sent her away, but she relentlessly came back, until one of them beat her with a stick. When she tried to run, he grabbed her hair and kept beating. She kicked him and punched him in the nose, until he fell down, bleeding, and she could run away. At home, her father screamed at her.
"You cannot hit people! You are a terrible daughter!".
Great, she had sinned again. "But he was hitting ME.", she replied.
"That's because you were bothering him." Her father answered.
"I just wanted to look at the food."
"What? You wanted to steal it, didn't you?"
The girl didn't answer, because, even if she wouldn't have stolen it for the world, she *wanted* to steal it.
"I cannot believe it." Her father looked horrified. "Even your thoughts are impure! Stay in your room and repent!"
The girl went to her room, but, again, she could not repent. She could not repent for stealing, she could to repent for wanting the food, she could not repent for wanting to steal the food, and she absolutely could not repent for hitting that horrible man!
'I must be really wicked.' She thought. "No matter what, I sin even with my thoughts.'
At night, she silently went out of her house and reached the sea. She dove right in, even if the water was freezing cold. She knew how to swim very well, because she had spent a lot of time swimming in summer. So, she went under water, and she kept going toward the black sea bottom. When she felt tired, and her lungs started burning, she kept going down with desperation. She knew that, once her lungs would start hurting really bad, she will fight to go back up, to breath air. She must reach a such profound depth that she could not possibly go back up in time.
And so she did.
Time passed, and some centuries after her suicide, she woke up again, in a golden coffin. She rose up, covered only in a white cloth that she wrapped aroud herself. Someone lent her an hand: it was an angel, with two white wings behind his back. She took the hand and let him help her up.
"What's happening? Where am I?" she asked.
"This is the final day, my dear," answered the angel. "You and the other are to be judged for your lives."
Oh, great, thought the girl. Even after death there is someone who'll tell me how much I sinned!
But she could not kill herself again, so she followed the angels toward a group of other people, all clad in white as her. There was also a maked girl, who looked ecstatic and a soldier in armour, who looked sad and anguished.
She took her place in the crowd, and watched as a man emerged from another coffin, took a banner in one hand ans adressed them raising two fingers. He had a bleeding cut on his side.
The went, one by one, in front of this man, who said them some words and sent them their way. When it was her turn, the girl didn't want to go. She watched on her sides, to see who could stop her from running, but no one was paying her attention. The problem was, there was no door in sight.
A voice startled her. "Hi."
The girl turned her head: the man had not waited for her to approach, but had approached her instead. He was smiling.
"Are you scared?" he asked.
"I am not scared." She said, even if she was. One more lie could not hurt that much, after all. "But I already know that I sinned. I do not want to go to hell."
"That's great, because you are not." Said the man. He touched her white cloth and gestured toward other saved souls. "You can go there with the others."
The girl looked perplexed. "But... but why? I know I have sinned."
"You did your best." Said the man. "You didn't want to hurt anybody."
The girl stayed there, eyes fixed on him. Was he mad?
"You didn't sin." Said he. "People sometimes are confused. I am sorry things went that way, but it will be better now."
The girl's eyes were full of tears. She felt angry, relieved, and confused all at once. She stepped hesitantly toward the other saved souls, looked back at the man who was still smiling at her, and ran toward Paradise.

2) I am a girl, and I have sinned. Actually, I have sinned and I keep sin every day. But, I don't understand what is to sin, and how I am sinning.
"You are a really bad girl!" says my mother, "You must not steal!".
Yes, I stole some food, and some money too, but I was starving. My mother is starving too, and so my father and my brother. I didn't stole *that much*, I really doubt other families are starving because I stole a couple pieces of bread and some coin.
"You have sinned! You must repent!" says my mother.
But I cannot repent: I was hungry. Now I stopped stealing, and I am even hungrier. I spend my time looking at food stalls and food shops in town. The shopkeepers send me away, but I relentlessly come back, until one of them start beating me with a stick. I try to run, but he grab my hair and keep beating. I kick him and punch him in the nose, until he falls down, bleeding, and I can run away. At home, my father screams at me.
"You cannot hit people! You are a terrible daughter!".
Great, I have sinned again. "But he was hitting ME.", I reply.
"That's because you were bothering him." My father answers.
"I just wanted to look at the food."
"What? You wanted to steal it, didn't you?"
I do not answer, because, even if I wouldn't have stolen it for the world, I *did want* to steal it.
"I cannot believe it." My father looks horrified. "Even your thoughts are impure! Stay in your room and repent!"
I went to my room, but, again, I cannot repent. I cannot repent for stealing, I cannot repent for wanting the food, I cannot repent for wanting to steal the food, and I absolutely cannot repent for hitting that horrible man!
'I must be really wicked.' I think. "No matter what, I sin even with my thoughts.'
At night, I silently go out of my house and reach the sea. I dive right in, even if the water is freezing cold. I know how to swim very well, because I have spent a lot of time swimming in summer. So, I go under water, and I keep going toward the black sea bottom. When I feel tired, and my lungs start burning, I keep going down with desperation. I know that, once my lungs would start hurting really bad, I will fight to go back up, to breath air. I must reach a such profound depth that I cannot possibly go back up in time.
And so I did.
Now I wake up in a golden coffin. I rise up, covered only in a white cloth that I wrap around myself. Someone lend me a hand: it's an angel, with two white wings behind his back. I take the hand and let him help me up.
"What's happening? Where am I?" I ask.
"This is the final day, my dear," answers the angel. "You and the other are to be judged for your lives."
Oh, great, I think. Even after death there is someone who'll tell me how much I sinned!
But I cannot kill myself again, so I follow the angels toward a group of other people, all clad in white as me. There is also a naked girl, who looks ecstatic, and a soldier in armour, who looks sad and anguished.
I take my place in the crowd, and watch as a man emerges from another coffin, takes a banner in one hand and addresses us raising two fingers. He has a bleeding cut on his side.
The go, one by one, in front of this man, who says them some words and send them their way. When it's her turn, I don't want to go. I watch on my sides, to see who could stop me from running, but no one is paying me attention. The problem is, there is no door in sight.
A voice startles me. "Hi."
I turn my head: the man didn't wait for me to approach, but has approached me instead. He's smiling.
"Are you scared?" he asks.
"I am not scared." I say, even if I am. One more lie cannot hurt that much, after all. "But I already know that I sinned. I do not want to go to hell."
"That's great, because you are not." Says the man. He touches my white cloth and gestures toward other saved souls. "You can go there with the others."
I am perplexed. "But... but why? I know I have sinned."
"You did your best." Says the man. "You didn't want to hurt anybody."
I stay there, eyes fixed on him. Is he mad?
"You didn't sin." Says he. "People sometimes are confused. I am sorry things went that way, but it will be better now."
My eyes are full of tears. I am angry, relieved, and confused all at once. I step hesitantly toward the other saved souls, look back at the man who is still smiling at me, and run toward Paradise.

I often feel like the girl in this story: judged by parameters that are not mine, and that I cannot accept. I understand that when people are trying to make me adhere to their principles, they have good intentions - like the parents of the girl, who are worried about her soul's health. Still, their good intentions are not very useful, they only make me feel lonely, like between me and everyone else there is a thick glass that cannot be broken because I am the only one slamming against it with my fists. What makes the girl so happy and angry at the end, is finding someone who finally accepts her point of view as as much valid as that of others. I still haven't found that happy ending, though.

Deanne

21 Ways - Steampunk

Step FOUR - Steampunk (Moore) - 5 of Wands

Wow - this was incredibly difficult for me. I felt physically, mentally, and emotionally exhausted afterwards (I'm typing this the next day). Writing, especially creative writing, has always been tough for me. But I want to get the most of this book, so I buckled down and made myself do this step. Once the words got flowing, the rest came relatively easily. This story is far from perfect, but the fact that I got a story out at all is a huge accomplishment for me!

Once upon a time a young man lived in a quiet little village near the mountainside. He lived in a small house with his father and sister. He loved his family, but often longed to be elsewhere, somewhere full of adventure.

One day, as the boy was walking home from market, he spotted a long green stick lying at the edge of the path. It was such a vibrant colour, like nothing he'd seen before. It seemed to call to him. Unable to resist, the youth walked over and picked up the mysterious stick. As he did so the earth beneath his feet turned to brick and the sky filled with dark ominous clouds. He looked up and saw a world not his own. He was in a plaza bordered with shops he'd never seen before.

He took a step towards one of the buildings when he heard a voice shout, "Thief! Get him!" The boy looked up and saw a man with an eyepatch running towards him. The boy looked around for a thief but saw no one else. The boy was confused - surely the man didn't think him a thief? He had just arrived in this place and had stolen nothing!

3 others emerged from various buildings in the plaza. The also came towards the boy, apparently responding to the man's shout. He positioned the stick in front of his body, using it as a shield. When the youth was surrounded the one-eyed man raised a golden wand high above his head, as if ready to strike. The boy started to speak, "It wasn't me, I stole noth..." but the man brought his wand down quickly before the youth could finish. The wand struck the green stick, knocking it from the boy's hand. As the stick flew away the ground below turned back to dirt and the sky above brightened once more.

The boy looked around him. He was on the path leading to his home. To his left, the strange stick was lying a short distance away, slightly farther from the path than before. He was still drawn to it, wanting desperately to continue his adventure, but shook his head. He'd leave the adventure to some other child. The boy made his way down the path, excited to tell Father and Sister of his trip to market.

I can relate many aspects of this story to my life.
-In terms of feeling attacked and outnumbered, the situation recounted in exercise 3 fits well.
-Being accused of something/people jumping to conclusions about the boy reminds me of high school. I was often called a snob. People believed I didn't speak to them because I considered myself better than everyone. In reality I was just very quiet and shy. I didn't speak because I didn't know how, never knew what to say. But I was afraid to stand up for myself so their perception grew stronger.
-Wishing for something and having it not be as imagined happens to me plenty. One of the biggest instances is when I tried to start a business selling infant clothing. I love to sew and thought I could make some money off of my hobby. I did okay, but started to despise sewing once it was 'forced'.

Shyvanna

Step FOUR: Shadowscapes Tarot

Step FOUR: Shadowscapes Tarot, Queen of Wands.
http://www.shadowscapes.com/Tarot/cards.php?suit=1&card=12

It took me too long (I'm really bad at writting*.*) but here it is:

Part 1:
A war has started in the forest. The voiceless queen needed to quickly warn everyone. She went to her friend tree, the only one able to listen her mind and asked for advice.

-Every creature it’s bound to you. They’ll listen whatever you got to say. - Said the tree.

The Queen shook her head with a sad smile. She didn’t know how to do so.
The wise tree started growing until the branches made the most beautiful harp you’ll ever see.

-If you can talk them, play them. Make they listen to your heart.

As she begun the sound travelled all around the woods compelling them to answer the call. She send the birds to spread the whispers of war while she stayed there, enjoying the pleasure of being listened.

Part 2:
I’m afraid of how this will end. I can’t avoid the battle but as the Queen there should be something I could do to help the forest. If only I will be able to speak the truth out loud. But I can’t. The old wise tree is my last desperate try.

-Every creature it’s bound to you. They’ll listen whatever you got to say.

That’s the advice it gives me. But I already know that. The thing is: HOW? What’s the point of power if I can’t use it? How can they listen unspoken words. I feel so useless.
Suddenly the tree started to glow with a delightful light as he transforms into something more, the most beautiful instrument of the world. The harp in front of me is alive and it’s calling me.

-If you can talk them, play them. Make they listen to your heart.

I don’t know how this will work but as I play all creatures around come closer. That’s it. That’s what I was born to be. In this songs lies my truth power.
I already sent the doves away with a message to deliver, but I can’t stop playing. Right now, I’m truly the Queen.

Part 3:
Sometimes in life you are afraid of not being listening, or that your opinion worth less than anybody else. At times like this is where you have to take the courage to speak but not impose yourself. The power is something that must be treat gently.

Hope that's good enough.

crystalrose

Step FOUR - Silicon Dawn

Step Four - Silicon Dawn, Fool

Once upon a time, there was a young girl who wished she could grow wings and fly. Everyone is her city told her it was a preposterous wish. Girls don't fly, they said. But this girl never gave up on her dream to fly. Once day, while on her way home from school, she found a dark and old library full of books. This place was calling to her, so even know she knew she would be late in getting home, she decided to go into the library. And there it was! Sitting on a shelf, a black book with gold lettering - "A Manual For Little Girls On How to Fly." She couldn't believe her luck! She picked up the book and ran out of the library. For a second, she decided to look behind her and get the address of this place, but when she turned around, it was gone. The library had vanished. Years passed, and the little girl never did get a chance to try out her book. One day, now a grown woman pregnant with a child, she was out camping the the woods and the book fell out of her bag. She thought she had lost it as a younger girl, and frankly forgot all about the book, but there it was again! She read the book and decided to cast the spells held within. She walked up a hill and decided to take a leap of faith off a cliff, all the while still reading the book in her hand. She didn't even notice her foot had left the cliff already. It felt as though she was still on solid ground. And little did she know, right there on her back, butterfly wings had sprouted.

I am a young girl who wishes I could grow wings and fly. Everyone in my city says it's a preposterous wish. "Girls don't fly," they tell me. But I will never give up on my wish to fly. I am walking home from school and see a dark and old library full of books. This place is calling to me, and even though I know I'll be late in getting home, I decide to go inside. And there it is! Sitting on a shelf is a dark book with gold lettering entitled "A Manual For Young Girls On How To Fly." I can't believe my luck! I pick up the book and run out of the library. For a second, I decide to look behind me to get the address of this place, but when I turn around, it is gone. The library had vanished. Years pass and I never get a change to try out my book. I am now a grown woman pregnant with a child. I'm out camping and the book falls out of my bag. I thought I had lost the book when I was much younger, and frankly I had completely forgotten about it. But here it is again! I read the book and decide to cast the spells held within. I walk up a hill and decide to take a leap of faith off a cliff, while still reading the book in my hand. I don't even notice my foot had left the cliff already. I feel like I am still on solid ground. Little do I know, right there on my back, butterfly wings are sprouting.

This fairy tale reminds me of having a long held dream that I had to wait for a while to come true, even though other people discouraged me from making it happen. Finally I did get to achieve it, but not in the way that I wanted to when I was young. This story reminds me that life is magical sometimes, and opportunities sometimes come back around, even when you least expect it. Dreams never fully die.