Celtic Dragon - 9 Hermit

Soaring Eagle

Description: There is a large green scaly dragon reading on a ledge. Behind the dragon is a cave entrance. In the rocks above the cave are shaped like dragon faces. In the rocks and tree roots below the ledge are dragon faces, human faces, and celtic spiritual designs.

Significant Details: The faces in the rocks are of dragons and human seekers who have come before. The spirals represent the constantly moving energies of creation-destruction.

My Interpretation: This is a good time for inner-reflection, meditating, and acquiring spiritual knowledge. You may be searching for a new path, or deciding which path to follow. You may be desiring/needing some solitude to think things through, possibly to reestablish goals. This may also be an indication that you need to pull back from a period of too much activity.

Thoughts/Points to Ponder: What knowledge does this Hermit have to share with us? Is he alone by choice? Why has he chosen this isolated location?

Intuitive Story: As I continue along my path, I have come to a ledge, where an ancient dragon is reading. As I approach, he looks at me, and tells me that he has found this location to be very meditative. He doesn’t have all of the distractions that being near others always has. He tells me to come closer, and he will share some of his knowledge with me.

I am amazed to have found such an eager teacher. It may be due to his solitude that he is eager for companionship. He explains to me that the faces in the rocks are from his spiritual guides. They help him when he can’t find the answers on his own. He says that some of them also represent his past lives, so that he can remember the lessons he learned in them, thus he can continue his spiritual journey. He also points to the spirals engraved on the rocks. These, he explains are there representing the energies of creation-destruction, birth and death.

We talk for some time. I am thrilled to learn all that I can from this wise dragon. He has taught me a lot, and I must now try to remember his teachings, and apply them. He invites me inside the cave to rest, before continuing on my journey.

annik

I think this card should had been named "The Dragon Philosopher". He look wise and ancient with his "horns". Even if he seems to be old, he still learn new things. It makes me think of a teacher that I had in high school. It was easy to learn with him. He always had little tricks to help us learn easily. I remember clearly that he was still learning new languages (he was my Spanish teacher but he also had English classes). I think, at the time, he was learning Russian by himself.

I like the effects the roots are doing. And they are securing the rocks below the dragon.

Soaring Eagle

I think this card should had been named "The Dragon Philosopher". He look wise and ancient with his "horns". Even if he seems to be old, he still learn new things.

I too, really see this dragon as wise. I feel that we are never too old to learn new things. I have never stopped learning. When I am bored, or just want to learn a subject, I dig right in and find something to study. This has been known to annoy my husband, as he doesn't understand my thirst for knowledge.

I like the effects the roots are doing. And they are securing the rocks below the dragon.

You are right. I hadn't really thought of the roots as securing the rocks. I looked at my card again, and it is so obvious. I guess, that just goes to prove that we all miss something in the cards, even when we think we've studied them well.