Celtic Lenormand

Simple

Anyone heard of this deck? It's set to be released this year! The art by Will Worthington is gorgeous!

RavenLuna

Yes! I intend to buy it. The art is beautiful and I love the idea of the extra cards.

It's available to order in the States, but not over here yet. Has anyone got it? ::looks around hopefully::

magpie9

Waiting breathlessly for it to arrive from Amazon.

Lee

From what I've seen of the posted card images, the art looks very nice. Personally, though, I don't like decks that take the non-people cards and make them into scenes with people on them. The thing that attracted me to Lenormand in the first place was the simple symbols that could be strung together like a sentence, with no defined position meanings. To me, scenes with people seem more suited to tarot-like readings with defined position meanings and complex, associational card interpretations.

I'm not one of those people who think we should all read only with old decks. I love the diversity of decks we have now, and to me, the explosion of self-published decks is a good thing. I love to see decks using different art styles and perspectives. But, for me, if the cards are going to be RWS-like scenes, then they lose that intrinsically Lenormand-y quality that I love.

moonbear

They look like very good images to read with intuitively. Bright, earthy, packed full of nature :)

MoonGypsy

From what I've seen of the posted card images, the art looks very nice. Personally, though, I don't like decks that take the non-people cards and make them into scenes with people on them. The thing that attracted me to Lenormand in the first place was the simple symbols that could be strung together like a sentence, with no defined position meanings. To me, scenes with people seem more suited to tarot-like readings with defined position meanings and complex, associational card interpretations.

I'm not one of those people who think we should all read only with old decks. I love the diversity of decks we have now, and to me, the explosion of self-published decks is a good thing. I love to see decks using different art styles and perspectives. But, for me, if the cards are going to be RWS-like scenes, then they lose that intrinsically Lenormand-y quality that I love.

i hear you, dear Lee! :) And i agree with most everything you said in the above post.

The bottom line for me:
i just can't resist Worthington's art. ;)