Which side is the Scythe pointing ?

December_Empress

The tip does appear to be pointing up. If you use it in a layout where there will be a card "above", it would likely point to that card. If you only use layouts where cards would fall only to the left and right, I'd say it points left. If you use both layouts, maybe you could choose one direction only (up or left) in order to be consistent and always go with that.
Just a thought.

Sharla

The tip does appear to be pointing up. If you use it in a layout where there will be a card "above", it would likely point to that card. If you only use layouts where cards would fall only to the left and right, I'd say it points left. If you use both layouts, maybe you could choose one direction only (up or left) in order to be consistent and always go with that.
Just a thought.

Thankyou for your thoughts on this.

Yes this card would work great in a larger spread as it is more or less pointing up. But as you've mentioned about picking a side it is facing and sticking with that one, yes I will be doing this and most probably will stick with "left" as don't do many larger spreads at the moment until I get more experienced in my readings so just doing line readings up to now i.e 3-7.

Also on the same card if I'm going to use left as the side it's cutting am I correct in saying that the card to the left of scythe will be whats cut away etc, and the cards to the right would be what you gain/sow from it. Example : ....

Heart + scythe + tower = painful romance ending that leads to a separation which is for the better.

December_Empress

Also on the same card if I'm going to use left as the side it's cutting am I correct in saying that the card to the left of scythe will be whats cut away etc, and the cards to the right would be what you gain/sow from it. Example : ....

Heart + scythe + tower = painful romance ending that leads to a separation which is for the better.

I'm only familiar with the first part (the part it cuts away), but that doesn't mean anything. In other words, if that's what you've learned and if that's what works for you, I'd go with that. What you wrote makes sense about those three cards totally makes sense.

I was just looking at a Lenormand class today and was reminded that you need to thoroughly learn one system, master it and apply it before you can move on to something else. I've gathered information from multiple sources so I'm in that spot that so many are: totally confused. The lilies mean happiness, the lilies mean sex, the lilies mean man, the lilies mean innocence, the lilies mean a funeral.
Maybe someone else can chime in if that wasn't helpful since I am the last one that should be interpreting anything at this point.

Sharla

I'm only familiar with the first part (the part it cuts away), but that doesn't mean anything. In other words, if that's what you've learned and if that's what works for you, I'd go with that. What you wrote makes sense about those three cards totally makes sense.

I was just looking at a Lenormand class today and was reminded that you need to thoroughly learn one system, master it and apply it before you can move on to something else. I've gathered information from multiple sources so I'm in that spot that so many are: totally confused. The lilies mean happiness, the lilies mean sex, the lilies mean man, the lilies mean innocence, the lilies mean a funeral.
Maybe someone else can chime in if that wasn't helpful since I am the last one that should be interpreting anything at this point.

Ooooh please, don't get me started on Lilies lol. I have exactly the same problem with this card it annoys me so much when it appears in a spread and the sex thing I can't see it in this card at all, to me this card speaks of old and matureness that's all I can see but when it comes up in certain spreads I've done this meaning never makes sense ?!?!@&!?

Maybe another thread is called for to discuss lilies...

Sharla

I've changed my mind it's the card to the right that the scythe cuts through and the card to the left would be whats left.
Example:
Sun + scythe + letter

A totally unexpected message received turns out to be goodnews.

So because the scythe cuts the card to the right I'm reading the card to the right of the scythe first, and the first card last as this is what the scythe has sowed/whats left.

December_Empress

LOL, I'll admit that thought crossed my mind. I answered the question you asked ("which way is it pointing?") to avoid clouding the issue...

Scythe + clouds = I don't think I helped at all.

Sharla

LOL, I'll admit that thought crossed my mind. I answered the question you asked ("which way is it pointing?") to avoid clouding the issue...

Scythe + clouds = I don't think I helped at all.

Ha ha...... Bouquet + Sun = But i appreciate your input. ;)

I actually watched a video on youtube of a scythe cutting to come to my conclusion lol.

Been testing combinations for scythe out today and can say now ive made up my mind which way its cutting has helped considerably.