TOADies Anonymous.

RavenLuna

I have a 10% off voucher for Wordery, so spent some time last night browsing decks. Nothing appealed enough to buy! Yay! (Although I think I'm about to checkout with a Baba bag. Reward points, okay? ;) ).

Well done you! I had the same 10% off voucher, and used it to buy two Thoth tarot books (UACTT and Snuffin's Thoth Companion) that I've been wanting for ages, but no decks :D

JylliM

Well done you! I had the same 10% off voucher, and used it to buy two Thoth tarot books (UACTT and Snuffin's Thoth Companion) that I've been wanting for ages, but no decks :D

Thankyou (she says guiltily, after just adding English Magic Tarot to her Wishlist 'just in case').

Books don't count. They fall outside budgets and good intentions, due to being a staple of a decent life. :)

Nemia

I didn't break down. Since December, I only ordered the mini Orbifold.

I did buy some kindle books, though. But I don't count books either. That's a different kind of obsession, and I don't want to lose it ;-)

I find that after a while on my must-have-list, some decks lose their shine. Isn't that great? :))) But this natural elimination process leads to a situation where all the decks I really want are expensive independent decks :-((((

RavenLuna

Thankyou (she says guiltily, after just adding English Magic Tarot to her Wishlist 'just in case').

Haha! I don't blame you, you never know when you'll have a surprise windfall and want to treat yourself.

Books don't count. They fall outside budgets and good intentions, due to being a staple of a decent life. :)

I'll tell my husband that ;) He's not a reader (apparently this is a thing), so he doesn't understand why I find it hard to part with books I've read several times.

RavenLuna

I didn't break down. Since December, I only ordered the mini Orbifold.

I did buy some kindle books, though. But I don't count books either. That's a different kind of obsession, and I don't want to lose it ;-)

I find that after a while on my must-have-list, some decks lose their shine. Isn't that great? :))) But this natural elimination process leads to a situation where all the decks I really want are expensive independent decks :-((((

Yes! After waffling on a deck for a couple of months, I find I don't neeeed it any more. The mini Orbifold is high on my wishlist. I have nothing even remotely similar, so it's not going away. This phase of self-published and expensive decks is helping though; I can't afford them, especially with customs on top, so I'm buying a lot less nowadays :)

Happy to hear from another person who doesn't count books!

DDwarks

Hi, my name is DDwrks and I'm a Toadie.

I've bought myself 5 decks in the last 10 days.

Ancient Egyptian Tarot
Rajneesh Neo Tarot
Millenium Tarot
Lanzichenecchi Giorgio Trevisan Tarot
Shaddowscapes
Finestra (but this one was free!)

I've got to get a grip and not buy the Buckland Romani Tarot I've already made enquiries about!

Thank you for this thread and for the support!

Cocobird55

i ordered the Living Earth tarot. Looked interesting, and was only ten dollars. Also bought a Stag Beetle bag from Baba.

Michellehihi

How is this? I had bought the Inner Child cards, and sold them because I didn't like them. Now I just bought them again.....
this is mad.

Laura Borealis

I think I need to join. Hello, I'm Laura and I'm a Tarotholic...

A friend shared a link to an online shop with me, and I just meant to window-shop. But I was drawn as if by gravity to the tarot section, and was I was immediately consumed with desire for the Tarot of Loka... beautiful deck but I have previously ruled it out for perfectly good reasons, like it is a pip deck and also double-ended. But it was cheaper there than on Amazon... and beautiful... long story short, it almost went into my cart, but then I remembered the TOADies and I was strong!

I do have a German Thoth coming in the mail. But I'm going to try to make that the last deck for awhile. At least until I move some of mine on to new homes.

Scarlet Woodland

Was hoping to be able to start buying the odd deck again soon but looks like I'll have to stay on the wagon for now. Hubby (very rightly) walked out of his job today so need to be good till there's a double income again. Thankfully there's nothing I'm madly craving at the moment anyway and still have some pre-orders yet to be posted.