you know you're obsessed when...

Le Fanu

morticia monroe said:
Then I found myself sneaking out to the large outside trash cans in order to get rid of the I-just-bought-another-deck evidence,,,,,,,,,,then I sat there and worked with my new deck, acting like it was one I'd had all along.

Yep it's bad. I've been smuggling decks into my collection for over a year now.

Buy back ups of decks your partner is already familiar with. Then you don't have to hide anything. They just think it's the original one :D...

And (I learnt this early on); get your decks delivered to work and toss out all the packaging at work. Easy to smuggle decks home that way...

motsa

(This happened to me when I was commuting to work and saw 3 cranes that were putting up a bridge and immediately thought 3 of Wands).
Ooh, a Construction Tarot. That would be awesome.

Baroli

motsa said:
Ooh, a Construction Tarot. That would be awesome.

Seriously, I was thinking of that, but OMG the work involved, the picture taking then all the other stuff involved. YIKES!! :bugeyed: I am obsessed, but not that much :laugh:

Aerin

.... you feel actual panic at the thought you may not get hold of a deck.

Aerin who would clearly NEVER feel like that
*cough*

Aerin

morticia monroe said:
The real moment of clarity regarding MY tarot obsession was when I caught myself waiting for the mailman in order to get to the box before my sweetie did,,, I took the package and covered it up with some other mail,, walked right by my sweetie wearing my poker face and ran straight to the bathroom where I stood over the sink and opened and inspected my new deck.

Then I found myself sneaking out to the large outside trash cans in order to get rid of the I-just-bought-another-deck evidence,,,,,,,,,,then I sat there and worked with my new deck, acting like it was one I'd had all along.

Yep it's bad. I've been smuggling decks into my collection for over a year now.

...oh dear, have been doing the hide-the-evidence thing a bit recently.

ooooopppppps

Hathor

I knew I was seriously obsessed when I went out and bought a netbook just so I could have access to AT anytime I want. My sweetheart is usually on the regular laptop and I always have to wait my turn. Not anymore !!

The netbook came in really handy last night when just before bed I checked one last time and made a purchase from Queen of Spades in 2 seconds flat ! I went to bed with a huge smile plastered on my face. Aaahhh .......

gregory

I do NOT at least have to hide deliveries. He enjoys them too, and when I have OFFERED to sell decks in time of great hardship, he has always refused to allow it.
rhombchick said:
*When you have an advanced search set up on E-bay so that you can weed out all the people offering readings and just look at decks.
You mean there is someone who DOESN’T ???? :bugeyed:

rhombchick said:
*When the words *US ONLY* mean absolutely nothing to you in the trading forum (because you know begging will get them to post overseas anyway)

Alta said:
wow!! You can DO that!?! I don't know if you just helped me or sent me down the slope faster. :bugeyed:

erk....
You can do it on ebay too….. :D

nisaba said:
HearthCricket said:
You know you are obsessed when you want an enabling thread, not a de-enabling thread!
<promptly and joyfully> DONE!
Oh MAN….. :eek: - so where is it ?
Baroli said:
You may be obsessed when you take a good look at your collection and realize:

"Oh oh, I really do have more decks than the Tarot Garden!" (Not me folks, not even close!! Gregory however,.... :laugh: )
I must enquire about that…..

When you were so busy wondering if there WAS a package at the post office that you simply forget to pick up your wallet after buying the paper….

(this just happened; they phoned when I got home, and said come and get it…. :| 12 mile extra round trip….. and there WASN’T a package either (mem: email seller…. ;))

Starshower

I knew I was obsessed when I was reading on the beach, & suddenly a youth clad in motley (well, yellow t-shirt, red shorts, multi-coloured dreadlocks with beads & feathers) leapt off the groyne, followed by his little yappy dog, just like the Fool setting out ...

... when, an hour later, he returned on his jog along the beach, but this time carrying a long bar weight in each hand & almost skipping - wow, he had become The World after his journey!

... when, at a friend's church Christening I counted 10 tall candles at the front & thought: "Yes, all this over-laden ritual has really got a bit 10 of Wands" ...

... when the processional canopy at the final elaborate Benediction celebration was the 4 of Wands ...

... when a flame-haired, orange-clad woman, complete with cat, who boldly started chatting to me in a park, was my visitation from the Queen of Wands ...

... when a guy struggling to unlock the till in my corner shop early one morning was 4 of Pents ...

... when the alcoholic / junkie beggars, 1 with crutches, outside the church were 5 of Pents ...

... when a rainbow in the sky over a picnicking family in the grounds of a country mansion were 10 of Cups ...

& so it goes on & on.
But then, Tarot DOES portray all the vicissitudes of Life, so why am I amazed at how one's whole day / life can be seen as a series of Tarot card vignettes?

(Maybe I'm not obsessed at all - just finally 'getting it'!)

SphinYote

Le Fanu said:
You know you're obsessed when you look at the week ahead and what most excites you is what the postman might bring...

Check

Le Fanu said:
You know you're obsessed when as soon as you log onto AT, your first stop is the Trading forum...

If I have money, check, but I usually do an amazon search first.

Le Fanu said:
I think for me, Id say; you know you're obsessed because you start buying back ups. That's what clinched it for me...

He he. Check

SphinYote

HearthCricket said:
You know you are obsessed when you buy a bureau to store your decks, with room to spare, and within a year you need another one.

Does a set of shelves, four and a half feet tall and a foot deep, filled three decks deep count?

:D

Check.

HearthCricket said:
You know you are obsessed when you go online, skip checking your email, and go straight for the AT forum!

Check

HearthCricket said:
You know you are obsessed when you list over 20 decks as your favourites and feel rotten that you have left out about 100 others.

check

HearthCricket said:
You know you are obsessed when you want an enabling thread, not a de-enabling thread!

You know you're obsessed when you forget it's the de-enabling thread and go and argue against the de-enabling....guilty....forgot which thread I was in....;)