Excited...got new tarot deck

Emma313

Only used three in the past ten years, the RWS, the cosmic and a fairy tarot, got a new one, tarot of dreams, looking foreward to it, new decks enrich and give new perspectives....just wanted to share x

The cards are real big though, shuffling is a challenge!

it has astro symbols in it too, not sure if that will help or confuse...I shall see x

PS not new as in just bought, been sitting in a box for 8 years, plus, an online friend gave them to me for a Xmas present....time for them to breathe

nisaba

Enjoy. Getting a new deck is like spreading your wings before taking flight.

Oh, and if extraneous symbols on cards get in your way while you're reading instead of helping, there's no law saying you have to take any notice of them! <broad smile>

Emma313

Thank you Nisaba.One thing I will try and do is just focus on the images and what they are saying, and how they connect with one another, and feel, whilst trying to keep traditional fixed meanings out of my mind.

delinfrey

Congrats! Ciro Marchetti's decks are always fantastic and although I don't have the Tarot of Dreams, what I've seen and heard gives it much credit.

Ciro's work is always riddled by lots of astrological signs, but I am sure will learn to love them!

I am a huge fan of huge decks (pun not intended, ahem), but they are, yes, quite tricky to shuffle.
I also love the feeling of getting a new deck... to learn a completely different language, and yet such a familiar one.

Good luck!

Alta

That deck is lovely, a real winner and reads beautifully. I am sure you'll enjoy it, and as nisaba says, you can always set the astrological aspects aside for later study.

Emma313

Congrats! Ciro Marchetti's decks are always fantastic and although I don't have the Tarot of Dreams, what I've seen and heard gives it much credit.

Ciro's work is always riddled by lots of astrological signs, but I am sure will learn to love them!

I am a huge fan of huge decks (pun not intended, ahem), but they are, yes, quite tricky to shuffle.
I also love the feeling of getting a new deck... to learn a completely different language, and yet such a familiar one.

Good luck!
Thank you Delinfrey
When I got given it I was told they (my giftor) had researched a lot so must have come across great reviews and recomendations
I am au fait with astrology quite a bit so it's not a problem at all, it will give me another take on the makers take in the card, the card size is a bit problematic, I've tended to shuffle a bit, give up and pick at chance, which I've no problem with either

it's funny, how a new tarot deck seems like a friend....that's how I feel it

Yes it's a beautiful deck, thanks again for replying

Emma313

That deck is lovely, a real winner and reads beautifully. I am sure you'll enjoy it, and as nisaba says, you can always set the astrological aspects aside for later study.

thank you Alta, it sure looks real beautiful, I'm so looking forward to doing full readings with it, when I am ready so far I am just using one or two cards, experimenting, mainly in the tarot games and fun threads

I have a kind of respect for it now, probably due to misusing cards in the past, you know like reading them over and over for the same question etc etc