to new members, in your readings you must leave feedback for your reading!!

HOLMES

As a member, here I follow the banned thread whenever it is updated to see if anyone I knew ended up on it. Most the time it is the following
a. New members
b. They posted in your readings
c. They didn’t’ give feedback
d. They didn’t’ pay attention to the request to leave feedback (leading to chasing pms, locking threads asking them to reply to previous forums)
e. That lead to the moderators working when they volunteer their time to keep the forum running in good stead out of good intentions.
f. This lead to your readings posting a separate sticky about feedback, still they were not hindered
g. With the moderators for this growing problem getting worn down it was decided the following
: So, new rule:

One strike and you are out. One in-thread note, one PM. Period. Your account will be closed.
I wish to give new members who join with the intent to stay in earnest the best chance to so. lots of possible new members lurk reading talking tarot, and using tarot before creating an account.

I am all for it myself for when doing readings in the reading exchange the best thing I can get is detailed feedback to know if I am doing an accurate reading or just talking air. So, people out of good intentions may post replies to the readings that speak to them and just like myself want to know if it helped, and if their insight was spot on. And so, when now and then looking for your readings and see a post that catches my intuition I respond in earnest looking for an earnest response to my feedback.

The forum has a long stance since I joined in 2002 that requests for free readings isn’t allowed so a person who posts in your readings that doesn’t leave feedback is really getting a free reading.!! In the equal exchange idea by giving feedback to our feedback on your take of the tarot as it applies to your situation you have paid for your reading if you get my meaning.

In a public setting a person came up to me and asked to look at the cards so I did, and they pulled out a card and ask me what does this mean. I explained, and they did it again, and I said sorry I can’t tell you, for you are asking for a free reading. In that regard I was looking for payment for my services. Here in the forum I am looking for feedback for my time and energy.

This thread is intended for the good members who are in earnest about wanting to stay and learn about the tarot but do not really understand the feedback rule. Perhaps you are shy, or don’t’ feel that you know enough to offer feedback to those who post feedback on your self reading, that is ok we are all human so perhaps what I know doesn’t really apply to the situation after all.

There will always be those who join looking for a free reading and intent to high tail it. The banned door will hit you on your way out. However, for those who do seek free readings without feedback perhaps some foresight is needed for say in 3 to 10 years (hopefully we will all be here then exchanging tarot readings) you get something change in your life and you want a good place to study the tarot, talk about it but alas you won’t be able for earlier you got banned for not giving feedback to your self reading in your readings.

So, in closing the refusal to leave feedback can leave you banned even for older members so it is key that when you make a thread in your readings that you do so with the intent of giving the best self interpretations and to give detailed feedback to everyone who responds.

gregory

Anyone who is banned for not leaving feedback DOES get a warning in the thread and by PM first and so has an opportunity to leave the necessary feedback. It isn't as if they are hit with it without knowing it's going to happen, or without having the chance to fix things..

http://www.tarotforum.net/showthread.php?t=270200

HOLMES

yes gregory

I agree with that , the thread is sort of preemptive strike to further inform so at the beginning, more new readers in your readings will be prepared to leave feedback and cut down on moderators work.
it is my belief that some of the new readers in your readers don't take the time to read the feedback sticky in their excitement to get to the knowledge.
I doubt a person totally joins and goes right to your readings without looking around first like in this forum.

gregory

I agree with that , the thread is sort of preemptive strike to further inform so at the beginning, more new readers in your readings will be prepared to leave feedback and cut down on moderators work.
it is my belief that some of the new readers in your readers don't take the time to read the feedback sticky in their excitement to get to the knowledge.
I doubt a person totally joins and goes right to your readings without looking around first like in this forum.
There are VERY MANY "first posts" in your readings. Believe it. Not to mention the number where the cards are listed, no-one comments (because there are no meanings offered) and the poster is never seen again.

Grizabella

Once in awhile there will be an announcement banner across the top of the page. I wonder if it would be more effective to put a banner across the top of the page for Your Readings and the Reading Exchange. I don't know if that's possible to do or not, but it would be right there as soon as the person went to that sub-forum so they can't miss it. Just an idea I've had.

I know the mods get really tired of having to post warnings and admonitions to new members. I know I get tired of seeing it and that means the mods must be even more tired of it because they're the ones who have to deal with it all the time.

I think it's good that you posted this thread HOLMES. I think it needs to be something that can't be missed or overlooked and I don't know how else to put it where it will be seen. For the duration of this thread, maybe the prospective posters will have it right in their faces so it can't be overlooked. I don't know if the forum software allows for a separate banner across individual sub-forums or if it just allows for a general, first page announcement as we've seen here before.

Alta

Moderator note:

Zephyros and I are going to hold this thread tightly to 'advice to newcomers' as we have just finished a lengthy thread discussing feedback in general.

Alta

Barleywine

The interesting thing is that you don't have to feed back on every single point to be legal, you can hit the high points and let the rest go. It's not a terribly exacting expectation, so there's no excuse for total silence.

I definitely don't think I need to respond to "Yes, I agree with your take there" or other inconsequential comments since they don't offer anything substantive to work with. The ones that suggest an alternative viewpoint or ask for more detail on my interpretations are the ones I find worthwhile. The learning comes from the dialogue, not completing the punch-list.

CrystalSeas

but it would be right there as soon as the person went to that sub-forum so they can't miss it.
You'd be amazed, amazed I tell you, at what people can miss.:grin:

chowdmouse

50% at best

In my volunteer work, we have about 20-50 customers a day. This is in a low-stress medical setting. They are each given instructions ahead of time, 2-3 times (verbally on phone, and via email), then given instructions again upon arrival.

They include:
appointment date
appointment time (which is, BTW, the same for everyone, and the same time every single day)
pre-appointment eating instructions (nothing after midnight).
That's it.

I would estimate, at best, we get about 50% compliance. I have been amazed at how little information sinks in.

And when they are informed of their error, most of them swear up and down that the instructions we gave them were wrong. Amazing!