you know you're obsessed when...

Le Fanu

For how many of us is tarot an obsession? And how do you know you're on the one-way path to tarot-obsession. Is it when you can't stop shopping for decks when you know you like the ones you already have, anxiously searching for the ONE? Is it when you are unable to log-off from AT when work/food/ friends and family beckon?

Or is it some other familiar syndrome...?

You know you're obsessed when you can't use a deck until you've matched it up with the right bag...

You know you're obsessed when you don't have time for a daily draw and it fills your day with a vague unease...

You know you're obsessed when you look at the week ahead and what most excites you is what the postman might bring...

You know you're obsessed when as soon as you log onto AT, your first stop is the Trading forum...

I think for me, Id say; you know you're obsessed because you start buying back ups. That's what clinched it for me...

But, moi? Im not obsessed, Ive got a life ;) I was just thinking out loud...

shadowdancer

I know I was obsessed when I decided I just HAD to have 5 decks in my carry on luggage when I undertook a semi round the world trip as part of my emigration to NZ. (At one time I had a list of 14 decks that had to come with me instead of being part of the main shipment - absolute madness in hindsight).

This was at the expense (both in volume and weight) of other stuff that would have been far more useful to have as carry on, in case of the main luggage going awol.

My partner never really knew how many I had... he would have just shook his head in resignation if he did now.

Davina

HearthCricket

Ah, true to my heart!

You know you are obsessed when you buy a bureau to store your decks, with room to spare, and within a year you need another one.

You know you are obsessed when you go online, skip checking your email, and go straight for the AT forum!

You know you are obsessed when you see what everyone else is waiting for in the mail and go out and buy the same stuff...if you don't already have it!

You know you are obsessed when you see what everyone else is waiting for in the mail and you are just as excited about it as they are! And you aren't even waiting for anything!

You know you are obsessed when you check Tarot Garden three times a day, just in case it updates with new releases.

You know you are obsessed when you list over 20 decks as your favourites and feel rotten that you have left out about 100 others.

You know you are obsessed when you can't decide which deck to work with, so you start working with them all and have a stupid grin on your face while doing so!

You know you are obsessed when the only thing you watch on YouTube is tarot related!

You know you are obsessed when you want an enabling thread, not a de-enabling thread!

:D :D :D

Le Fanu

:D :D :D :D Oh hilarious!

You know you're obsessed when you buy TWO bookcases - instead of a bureau - (to be on the safe side) to store your tarot collection and within ONE month it is utterly full AND the decks have to be double-stacked...

HearthCricket

LOL :D

You know you are obsessed when just this morning you asked your husband to empty out his bureau of clothes so you can have more storage and he looks at you in astonishment...because he knows you are serious!

:party:

cardlady22

ROFL
You know you're obsessed when you tick off each item on the above lists as not me due to the most infinitesimal difference in order of operation, etc.
only check TG once
always check email first
Trading forum is just the 3rd point on the rounds
etc.

ETA:
You know you're obsessed when your family freaks out because the monitor is not displaying a Purple Page.

You know you're obsessed when you start to wonder if the Mysterious Database Error messages are Solandia's polite way of indicating that your account logs in/out too many times a day. (Get thee a Subscriber upgrade!)

moderndayruth

Le Fanu said:
You know you're obsessed when you can't use a deck until you've matched it up with the right bag...

You know you're obsessed when you don't have time for a daily draw and it fills your day with a vague unease...
HearthCricket said:
You know you are obsessed when you go online, skip checking your email, and go straight for the AT forum!

You know you are obsessed when you see what everyone else is waiting for in the mail and you are just as excited about it as they are! And you aren't even waiting for anything!

You know you are obsessed when the only thing you watch on YouTube is tarot related!

You know you are obsessed when you want an enabling thread, not a de-enabling thread!
Thank you for this pearls, Le Fanu and HC, i did need a laugh! :D

morticia monroe

You know you are obsessed when you are driving somewhere and everytime you pass a town you start thinking "I wonder how many bookstores that town has? I wonder if there are some rare decks or bargains there just WAITING for me to find them?"

And you know you are even MORE obsessed when you piss off everyone else in the car because you actually pull off the highway and go in search of said stores...("I just have to stop somewhere for a minute....")

Le Fanu

morticia monroe said:
You know you are obsessed when you are driving somewhere and everytime you pass a town you start thinking "I wonder how many bookstores that town has? I wonder if there are some rare decks or bargains there just WAITING for me to find them?"

O god, I do this! Also, when the subject of holidays comes up, I cannot help wondering what the deck potential is in any given destination ("mmm... Cairo... wonder where the tarot shops are ?"...) and shamefully wanting to choose where we go with this in mind....

SarahRose

shadowdancer said:
I know I was obsessed when I decided I just HAD to have 5 decks in my carry on luggage when I undertook a semi round the world trip as part of my emigration to NZ. (At one time I had a list of 14 decks that had to come with me instead of being part of the main shipment - absolute madness in hindsight).

This was at the expense (both in volume and weight) of other stuff that would have been far more useful to have as carry on, in case of the main luggage going awol.

My partner never really knew how many I had... he would have just shook his head in resignation if he did now.

Davina

Ah, Christchurch! My #1 travel destination in the world. I crave it. I'll get there someday! How do you like it?