Missing a Card

xKam

I have the tarot card deck, Tarot of a Moon Garden, which I have had since I first started dabbling in the Spirit back in Dec. of 2008. It's my first and only deck and when I was pulling it out today, something told me, "Kam, count your cards."

And I did, I discovered I was missing a card. :( It's the Five of Swords and I can't seem to find it anywhere and I fear it's either mixed in with tons of other junk or possibly ruined.

Can you still read using a deck that's missing a card? Or is it pointless and should I purchase a new deck?

I am pretty bummed out about this, especially since it's my first deck and it's taught me so much over the past half of year. (Haha, and if anyone is good at finding things, maybe you can pick up something and help me out? :D)

Psy

My TdM came with 2 spare cards with propaganda which i could use as back up if ever needed. Do you have those cards? They usually come to round up the total to 80.
If you do, mark one of them as "5 of swords", and you'll have a complete deck again. It maybe wont be the same, but it wont be completely useless either :p...

Good luck finding it!

john

xKam

Haha, weird, I was actually thinking about doing that! :) I do have two extra cards that just have random information on it. I'll do that now and see how it feels.

Thank you for the advice!

gregory

Try the Lost and Found Cards Singles bar thread in trades.

Here - sorry direct links are not working just now; you will have to cut and paste till Solandia has done her magic.

Soothsayer

I think more creators and sellers should follow Patrick Valenza's example and offer replacement cards for sale (Deviant Moon). I think it's a great idea.

xKam

I went ahead and I tried Psy's idea, and my deck seems to be working just fine. I don't feel anything too weird or out of place - the vibes seem slightly off, but it might just take some adjusting, but nothing is jumping out such as a 'No.'

I have gone ahead and put in a few orders for some other tarot decks. I have been wanting to branch out and grab more and I think this was the push that I needed.

Thank you everyone! :)

SarahRose

I'm sorry you've lost your card!

Which other decks? :)

xKam

I am looking at the Angel Tarot - they have a Marseilles art style (see here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180371402257)

And then another deck that is based off Native American art style (see here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=140328372763)

I am also looking at Rider-Waite. I have them simply saved on MyEbay section because the auctions on them don't end for a few more days.

I have on my wish list currently the Deviant Moon and Tarot of Dreams as well. I honestly haven't explored too much of what I wanted, the Angel Tarot and Native American tarot above were based on price and how attracted to them I were (plus, you have to be careful on eBay).

Deviant Moon and Tarot of Dreams are just... stunning! And I hope to have them someday. :)

That's the reason I came here to learn a little more about the different decks. I would go to my local New Age shop, but I'd be too tempted to spend cash I don't have. Online, I can wait and decide!

KateC

Good Morning,

I don't know for how long dealers will do this, but last year I bought deck that was short one card. I called & spoke to the Customer Service person & she had a new card sent to me the next week. Was VERY nice about it & didn't carge even for the stamp on the envelope.

If you know where you bought it, perhaps "Ye have not because ye ask not"???

Best Wishes,
KateC

gregory

In this case, I think she lost the card herself, after putting the deck away for a while....

Even so - publishers will often help out.