Want to try and forward my creation... Help!!

shadowdancer

Hi Daniel :)

That is something maybe for the future. The artist was partner in the project, and although I am 99% sure he would be okay with me going ahead solo using the sketches, I need to wait a bit longer to keep trying a contact with him.

The colouring is going to be a huge project for me. I would also need to go through the book I typed which is still in word doc form.

So for now, the answer is no - but who knows in time. I think part of me thinks it is not a polished enough product to think about selling, but if AT members were genuinely interested, with the knowledge it is a little raw around the edges?

I may consider it....

For now I am just coming down from dancing around the living room. :)

AJ

happy deck happy days!!

tarotbear

It looks WONDERFUL! What are you talking about? LOL!!!! Congratulations! :thumbsup:

You know - you can always do what I did - produce a B/W version and a colorized version ... or even produce the B/W version on a solid-color background - a different color for each suit/element and the Majors on a white background. DO NOT LIMIT YOUR IMAGINATION!

shadowdancer

My first port of call is to proof read and edit the book.

So far it is 255 pages of typed A4. I want to make sure my ramblings actually match the images I have.

Then will go through the work book section to ensure it is user friendly, makes sense etc.

Eventually it will be converted from word.co to a PDF.

Then... COLOURING!! :D

Just ordered another copy for myself with red backs, and also a set in mini size.

My wedding anniversary today. Hubby came home from work early with a bunch of flowers.

Today just can't get any better.

rwcarter

Congrats! They look great and will only look better in color! :heart: I'm glad you're moving forward with this Davina.

blue_fusion

Congrats Davina! They look wonderful. The black borders really compliment the black and white art! :) i like the fact that you opted to retain their sketchy look instead of cleaning up the line art. It gives more character to the images.

shadowdancer

Okay, wee update then I am leaving this PC for a few hours.... it has nearly turned my brain to mush. :)

** Been working with my prototype printed deck, and have enjoyed the readings. A new journal is started, dedicated to this deck only. Will definitely be my deck of choice when I do readings at the September festival here in Chch.

** Other copies with different backs on order. This also gives me the chance to see if the print quality is consistent. (Thank goodness for a rewards points system - these are cashed in now!)

** Yesterday was an intense lesson from hubby, using Blue Fusion's suggestions also, in using GIMP. Trust me if I don't hear the word layers again it won't be too soon. I swear I was dreaming in layers last night.

** Have 90% coloured the first card. Got to have a refresh on one aspect which needs to be done, otherwise it does not look anywhere near as good as it could. If hubby can wave his magic wand and make it happen (and I am sure it is a simple button press somewhere, but heck knows where) I will have a finished 1st card. 4 hours work involved so far.

Now, I am not sure at this stage they will look better in colour. Maybe I am expecting too much of myself with a clash of zero artistic ability v high aspirations. I will persevere and do at least 4. If they look okay will continue. If my nagging little brains insists the b/w look far better, the colouring may not be completed.

Does every other creator out there go through the same agonies....lol

Still giving thought as to making them available for sale. Once the word doc is finished and converted to a useable PDF it may happen.

So far, I have gone over 117 of 260 pages. The workbook aspect is going to be one I really need to tweak and present in a better way.

Wish me luck folks, and send out thoughts for my brain cells. They don't know what has hit 'em!!

Finisher??

Photo of some of my fav cards.

Attachments

• tins deck.jpg
    tins deck.jpg
    160 KB · Views: 116