Sacred Days of Yule Spread

Elendil

I will definitely be in again this year...
I just have to decide on a deck.

Zelmira

I am in too. I being waiting for it. Have not decided yet what deck(s) I will use.

Zelmira

strings of life

I almost forgot about this!

I'll do it again this year, but I'll draw all if the card at once since I'll be away after the 19th.

Flaxen

I'll definitely be in again this year - just need to pick a deck....

Hemera

Here is the spread (link to the site is in post #1)
by June Kaminski:
The Sacred Days of Yule Spread is great for helping you to embrace the sacredness of this festive season. This is an advanced spread for any level of reader to use during the Yule time from December 20th to 31st.
This spread is unique because it is done over these twelve days. You need to find a quiet private space to progress through this spread, since a card is added and left on the wheel as each day passes.

PRIMARY USES
To help you to walk a sacred path through the twelve days of Yule from December 20th, the Mother Night of Dreams to December 31st, New Year's Eve or Hogmanay.

Sacred Days of Yule Interpretation

This spread will help you to learn to apply the tarot to enjoy and enrich your passage through the twelve festive days from December 20th to 31st. The meaning of each card in the spread reflects the energy of the festivity associated with each of the twelve days.

--------2--------
----1------3------
--12---------4----
11-------------5-
-10-----------6---
---9--------7-----
--------8---------

1. Mother Night of Dreams: - Dec 20th This card reminds us to look for a particular message in our dreams tonight. The ancients believed that our dreams on this night foretold some of the important events in the coming year.

2. Yule - Winter Solstice: - Dec 21st This card shows us how best to connect to the Light within and without - it symbolizes the Birth of the Sun.

3. The Time of Beth: - Dec 22nd This card points to the inner blocks and resistance that is holding us back from following our dreams.

4. Hopi Time of Renewal Dec 23rd This card indicates the best way for us to seek purification and renewal, and to build tolerance for others.

5. Feast of Mothers, Christmas Eve: - Dec 24th This card shows how we can connect with the spirits of our ancestors for communion and to ask for wisdom and guidance. It is also a time for Christians to reflect on the birth of Christ.

6. Festival of Life, Christmas: - Dec 25th This card shows us how to connect directly with Spirit.

7. Yuletide, Kwanzaa: - Dec 26th This card shows us how to express nurturance, to attend to our families and to express the protective energy within us towards others.

8. Birth of Freyja: - Dec 27th This card points to issues of love, luck, artistic and creative expression and female wisdom.

9. Feast of Alcyone: - Dec 28th This card gives us a personal inner message - one that speaks directly to our heart and spirit.

10. Day of Nymphs - Dec 29th This card encourages us to connect to our playful side, our inner child and how best to cultivate this aspect of ourselves.

11. Day of Rest: - Dec 30th This card shows us how to walk our path in a relaxed and confident way....with the ability to deal with stressful situations in a philosophical, detached way.

12. New Year's Eve, Hogmanay - Dec 31st This card shows us how to release the old and let in the new. This relates to both our external lives and our inner being.

This spread is unique from other spreads - it is done one card at a time, over the course of twelve days. Each card is meant to be drawn and reflected upon as a separate entity, with a special unique message for the particular sacred day.

1. First, print out a copy of the Yule Wheel.

2 Select a quiet consistent time of day to draw each card over the twelve days if you can. Considering the busyness of the season, this could be a challenge.

3. Each day, draw one card from your tarot deck and lay it on the appropriate spoke of the wheel. Reflect on each card and glean the message it has for you, according to the meanings given above.

4. By New Year's Eve your wheel will be full with the drawn twelve cards. Reflect on the overall meaning of these twelve cards as a whole and write down your impressions of the message being given for the coming year.

BlueDragonfly

Thanks for posting the spread details, Hemera! It's a wonderful spread for the holiday season.

For anyone that is interested in participating, it'll be set up in the Daily Draws and Group Readings sub-forum in the Your Readings forum later this week. That will give us time to select the perfect deck for the spread, and ask/answer any questions.

Mellaenn

I'm in! I missed last year and was the sadder for it, but this is a lovely spread for this time of year.

AJ

I almost forgot about this!

I'll do it again this year, but I'll draw all if the card at once since I'll be away after the 19th.

I draw all mine at once also, face down on a circle of paper and tape them down so I can slide the spread under a dresser out of the way. Each day I turn the card due.

Tarot Orat

So very, very in! I got a lot of insight from it last year and I'm really looking forward to it.

Now to start dithering over deck choices....

MaineGirl117

I'm in again too!! I think I'll use the Gaian Tarot this year...