For those of you that read professionally--->What Oracles do you use?

HearthCricket

My favourites to use in readings for others are the Madame Endora, Victorian Flower Oracle and the Psycards, though I expect to start adding the Lenormand decks in the near future, as I become more acquainted with them. The Wisdom of Avalon is also a very nice deck to use, as well.

sweet_intuition

Well, where I'm at, no one really knows much about Oracle Cards. However, I use my Goddess Guidance Cards (Doreen Virtue) as a way of summarizing my Tarot Readings. At the end of the session, I ask my clients to pull out one or three cards (depending on the length and intensity of the session), and use the messages on the cards as affirmations for them. They really seem to summarize the entire session to the T.

I make it a point of elaborating the cards meanings, relating them to the reading and points to it. I don't do solo oracle readings. Although I plan on doing so with my Oracle of the Radiant Sun cards, just need time n patience to study them.

I'm not much of an Oracle user, but I connect well with Goddess Guidance, and they are a great meditation tool as well. I have other DV decks (Archangels, and Healing Faeries), but I get really powerful vibes from this one. And I love Oracle of the Radiant Sun, my background in Astrology helps.

blackbird78

No DV for me!

The way I professionally work is:

I first read my client's palms
I then do a celtic cross spread with the Robin Wood
If I judge the client to be spiritually and intellectually advanced enough I then do another celtic cross spread with the Thoth
I do a 4 deck spread involving the Osho Zen Tarot, The Druid Animal Oracle, Rune Cards, The Celtic Tree Oracle and crystal divination combined

I read professionally with a lot of different Doreen Virtue decks for a while in this latter spread but found them to be insipid and very limited in their messages. I could never get in-depth interpretations from them. My mother is very attached to her Doreen Virtue angel cards.

The Druid Animal Oracle rocks!

Rev_Vesta

Oracle do I use?

I use many different Oracle decks, depends on day, client, mood etc,,,,,

i have used Doreen Virtue decks in many ways in combinations of 2 or 3 decks........

i have used Wisdom of Avalon Oracle.....

Magdalene Oracle by Toni Salerno

Crystal Ally Cards- have used this after i have done a Tarot reading NAT by Magda Weck Gonzalez........and Sacred Path Cards....client chooses one card what an affirmation with so much insight.......

important to use what you are guided to work with.....

Blessed Be!

Vesta

Lorielle

I used to use automatic writing. I'd have the client write their name and birthdate at the top of a sheet of paper and I'd "tune in" to that and just start writing what I was "hearing." More like automatic dictation. This worked great for me. I didn't want to know why they were there to see me - the writing always picked it up.

I used to read Tarot, the Hansen Roberts or Robin Wood were two of my favorites. I currently use the Gilded Tarot and the Druid Craft Tarot. I also am completely smitten with the Lenormand Oracle.

missycab

I don't read professionally, but I do readings for friends. I normally do a celtic cross with any of my tarot decks, and for more specific readings I like to use the Lenormand.

Gavriela

Professionally I use Lenormand extensively (big surprise!). I also use the Tarot d'Eltynne, which is not so much a tarot as it is a proper re-do of the original deck done by one of La Lenormande's students. It's a corrected version of the Belline, which was a failed attempt by a French psychic to redo the original. Oy. Anyway, find the Eltynne here:

http://mandefield.free.fr/eltynne_en/index.html

Very well worth it if you're a Lenormand reader.

Leidingkarten are very good for everyday kinds of readings. L'Oeil de Lotus is stunning and accurate - it's not really a sibilla, but it's very similar to one, and is read similarly.

All of those decks have systems, and are read by card combinations.

The Symbolon is the most powerful deck I've found for dealing with psychological issues, but unless it's really serious, I won't use it. Be prepared to be reduced to tears, or for your client to be when they see it. It really cuts to the heart of things, and is definitely NOT suitable for psychic fairs, parties, etc. You want someone sitting across the kitchen table from you, privately, for that one.

Strangely enough, the Victorian Flower Oracle, as well as the LS playing card deck that features JJ Grandville's flower drawings work really really well. There's something about Grandville and me that just 'clicks'. I don't know how to explain it. But I often pull a card or three from one of those - and that does have a system, too, as it's based on Victorian Flower Language. The same holds true of the Grandville-based Fantastic Menagerie Tarot, that one brought to us by the good folks at Magic Realist.

I also sometimes use astrology in readings. So I guess for me it's decks with a system that have proved to me that they work.

The only Angel deck I have is the Angel Blessings by Kim Marooney. Not sugar-coated. The cards are mostly taken from paintings by the old masters and not all of them are sweetness and light. But that's one I'm more likely to use for personal than professional. Still, I might rarely pull a card for a client from it.

tarotlova

I use Titanias Fortune Cards, always spot on and I always tell them to ask me or tell me nothing as the cards will pick it up, and they always do. I have to buy a new pack though as they seem to have gone a bit off for me in my own readings, some thing my daughter comented on too, has this happened to anyone else?

Gavriela

I switch Lenormands from time to time - Bartschi (favourite) to Blue Owl to Dondorf.

The Mystical does nothing for me, and the Piatnik, while lovely, seems to hate me. Yes, I'm anthropomorphising, but it gives nothing but doom and disaster readings. For anyone. Ever. So I sold it - other people seem to get on fine with it, it's just something about it and me.

But even with the ones I use routinely, it seems that a switch every now and again helps.

Lorielle

I love reading with the Lenormands but I've found that the Piatnik reads very well for me, while the Art Nouveau does nothing but look pretty. I've also found that the Bieri Gypsy Lenormand Oracle does quite well, I just don't like the colors. I started with the Mystical as my first deck and think it's appealing to the eye, I don't know that I've had particularly good readings with it. I've been trying to read with the same one for a week with my daily draws to see which one responds to my energy best. I'm up to 7 decks in possession and have 2 more enroute. Plus the Gypsy Fortunetelling cards.