Bohemian Gothic Tarot app now out

Linfang

I bought it.

I don't like it. :(

Many reasons. It does not have a guarantee, right? You cannot return it can you?

It would have been great if it was a Fool's Dog app...

Hi, Pam, could you please give some details why you don't like it? I'm still on the fence whether to buy it or not, so I'd love to know why some of you like it and some don't.

GryffinSong

What I like is the deck, or at least some of it. But the interface is not nearly as nice as Fools Dog. I don't have time to catalog the differences right now because I have people coming over, but let's just sum up by saying its almost twice as expensive with far fewer features.

Linfang

Thanks, GryffinSong, for your feedback. The more I think about it, the more likely I pass this...

Pam O

Hi, Pam, could you please give some details why you don't like it? I'm still on the fence whether to buy it or not, so I'd love to know why some of you like it and some don't.

OK. Everything...
They force the tablet sideways.
Navigation sucks.
Nothing from MRP is average, or below average.... except this app. :(

There is lots more. I tried to do a simple reading. The program processed and processed. I looked at one card, then I looked at the book part. The card got very tiny. They put the card on some background that takes up most of the space. So now the screen is tall and the top half is this big background with a little card. The bottom is the book text.

Does anyone know how to post a screenshot? I believe I hold both buttons down to get the screen shot, but I cannot figure out how to upload from an iPad. It is different than a computer.

There is more. But I love MRP and the Bohemian Gothic so much, this completely pains me!

ETA: I forgot to share that I could not get past the 1st card of a 5 card reading!! I packed it in and came here to post! I was so frustrated. And the reading did not have groove with the lack of presentation. I would rather grab my cards. If someone does not have cards, and this is the only way to see this deck, then....

Linfang

Thank you, Pam, that really sounds disappointing. I love the Fool's Dog apps, and I'm afraid they spoiled me. Paying now double for an app which is not nearly done as well - no, I think I'll do that. But it's still a pity, since the Bohemian Gothic is one of my favorites. Shame they did not go with Fool's Dog when looking for an app developer.

Annabelle

All this discussion has me interested in the app, but I can't find it in the Google Play (Android) store. Is the app maybe not available for Android yet? Or is it listed under an unusual name?

Annabelle

Ah ha -- found the answer to my own question. It's in the Amazon app store for Android.

Found the app, bought it, installed it -- so far, I like it. Yes, it is different from the Fool's Dog tarot apps (of which I have a couple), but it is straightforward to use and the image quality is lovely.

Alta

Thanks Pam O. I hesitated over this morning and am glad I waited. I think we are spoiled with the Fool's Dog apps.

Pam O

Thanks Pam O. I hesitated over this morning and am glad I waited. I think we are spoiled with the Fool's Dog apps.

I would GIVE this to someone if I knew how... That is how much I just don't want it...
It just does not work for me... Oh well, it was worth a try. I SO wish MRP had contracted with Fool's Dog!

Gulliver

Is someone using this app for the computer instead of the smart phone? Does it work good?