Extra Magus Or Three Magi Continued

Little Baron

Lillie said:
He has this squashed, weak, simpering face.
There are days when I'd like to slap him.

Haha .. I have always felt the same!

I quite like the one that is not kneeling and not in the pack; is that the freakish armed one? Will have to go back and take a look. However, as another poster said, I am happy to stick with the one Crowley left in the pack. Yes, I could slap him also, but I am warming to him.

LB

Little Baron

Yep ... it is the freakish armed one. Don't mind the first one in the link (poor monkey), but on the whole, I quite like the details in the one that comes in all packs without the extras.

LB

Parzival

Thank you, Strange2, for working with the idea of the first post. I thought it might be insightful to take a good look at the these three Magi and contemplate them as a trio. Your input is helpful. The one in the final Thoth is certainly the most Mercurial. I agree with you that the sideways Magus seems to "balance opposites" and is a kind of "cosmic dancer." The 8-armed Magus seems to have huge golden ears. A big black bear behind him peers through a lemniscate. I like all three! But since my large, authorized deck only has the chosen one, I need to be a little less aeclectic (joke). Actually, I recently randomly picked one of the three to solo in my 3-Magi deck awhile. Mercury The Messenger was the pick! But maybe not forever.

Lillie

The sideways one,
Has anyone else noticed the coils of a giant snake behind him?

And the ape. The phrase 'Stone Monkey' springs to mind. But I don't know why!

Strange2

Lillie said:
The sideways one,
Has anyone else noticed the coils of a giant snake behind him?

Yes, he seems to be dancing on the coils of this snake, similar to the dance with the snake that is depicted in card XXI - The Universe.

As Crowley states in the Book of Thoth: "All these symbols swim and dance in a complex but continuous ambience of loops and whorls."