How about them Herkimer "Diamonds"? :D

shelikes2read

Herkamer diamonds are a high vibrational stone.
They're best to be used in small doses if you like. I tend to use the higher vibrations on the transpersonal chakras: cawsle, soul star and stellar gateway.
They're the chakras that are off the physical body.

I do work with the Soul Star (which I learned as Chakra 8, above the Crown). I can see where Herkimer Diamonds would resonate with that one, as I've seen its color variously described as "clear" and "ultraviolet". But I haven't seen the terms "Cawsle" and "Stellar Gateway" before. Have you got any links I could refer to, about those? (Google didn't help me with "cawsle" -- nothing chakra-related came up.)

shelikes2read

Two more Herkimer Diamonds arrived in the mail today, both courtesy of eBay. I have come to the conclusion that I will get MUCH better prices via eBay than I could possibly get from the two metaphysical shops near me. It's a shame, really -- one of those shops seems to be under different management now than they were when I first got started, and their prices for stones have leaped up noticeably. In both of these places, surprisingly tiny Herkimer Diamonds (like 4 or 5 mm) were $40 and up. I don't have that kind of cash for a stone that small. Meanwhile, on eBay, I got three stones at or near 1 inch (25.1 mm) for a total of under $50 plus shipping, and they came right from the people who mined them in NY state.

Yeah, guess where I'm going to go from now on to get my Herkimer Diamond fix? Don't get me wrong, I'm all about spending money in the local economy when I can, but not when there's THIS much of a price/quality differential. <soapbox> Genuine Herks are pretty easy to spot, even in pictures. When purchasing online, look at the origin of the stone, and if it doesn't look like a Herk, keep searching. Some vendors are out there who either have no clue what a Herkimer Diamond REALLY is (and think they can label any double-terminated stone as such), or else they're trying to reel in the uneducated consumer by applying a Herkimer Diamond label to any stone. Believe me, the real deal will stand out, even in a photograph. </soapbox>

Anyway, something interesting happened when these two stones arrived. When I handled them I felt a little buzz like electricity. Did you ever plug something into an electrical outlet, and accidentally brush your finger on the metal prong while doing so? THAT kind of electricity-buzz. I was surprised, because I don't normally pick up PHYSICAL sensations from stone energies. I detect NON-physical feelings when encountering some forms of energy, but physical sensations are infrequent enough in my experience to be memorable.

I gave both stones my normal sound-bath ritual (see the Cleansing With Sound thread), to remove any jarring energies they've been exposed to between being mined and arriving here, and I am carrying all three Herkimer Diamonds on my person today (including the one that arrived a few days ago). I really feel them resonating with the upper Chakras. Fascinating.

Glitterbird

Lucky you! - Herkimer has always been one of my favorites.

shelikes2read

My Herkimer Diamond collection, all of which I've gotten in the past few weeks. There are some eBay sellers based in upstate NY, where Herkimer diamonds are found, who mine the stones themselves. I've focused exclusively on getting stones from them, as that is the most logical source of genuine stones. I know there are some places up there that allow visitors to pay a fee and go searching for stones themselves -- and one of these days I might just talk the hubby into taking a little vacation there, lol. But until that time, seeking out NY-based sellers is the safest route I can think of to get real stones.

Witchypoojen

Wearing question

I have a Herk pendant from NY and wear it all the time...initially I noticed a 'euphoric' feeling, almost to the point of being dizzy! Now after about a month that comes and goes but I had felt my intuition and other senses heightened. I also hear my Spirit Guide more clearly?
Does anyone else wear theirs? I would be interested in hearing if and/or how it affected them!

ncharge

Herkimers are also good for connecting people. If you bring herkimers together, then gen give one each to a group of people, they can communicate through the crystals. My group did this once for a ritual that had to end at midday, when we were all at our various workplaces. So, the week before, we connected some herkimers and wore them on the final day of the ritual. At the prescribed time, we all meditated, connected, and finished the ritual. It was as though they were standing right next to me.

Padma

I am thinking Herk will be my next purchase. I have been jonesing for one for a long time, but had so many other stones I needed for healing, first. So now it is the turn of the Herk ;)

Redstone

I'm also looking into getting some Herkimers i like its clear and slightly yellow appearance, a friend of mine told me its very good for clearing the mind and any emotional blockages, and very good in centering and balancing the mind with its energy flows around the body.

wildchilde

I love herkimer 'diamonds' and they are certainly powerful little stones. They are great for lifting the spirit, directing energy, and for bringing out the best in your personality. I love that they are group connection stones, ncharge! I am going to have to use that exercise.

The first one I got for my healing work, a medium sized completely clear stone. After I found out how powerful they are I went on the hunt for drilled herkimers (not easy to find!) for my jewelry work. I managed to find some finally that are just beautiful little sparklies, then later found some tourmalinated ones (which I didn't even know existed! I thought they were all 'crystal clear'). To be honest, even though I love tourmaline, for the herkimers I prefer the clear pieces. As a matter of fact, I am wearing earrings made with them right now. I never have gotten around to putting any jewelry on my etsy site that include the herks. LOL They were so hard to find (and not inexpensive), that they have sort have had a LOTR "my precious" effect on me. :) Maybe next week I will be ready to part with some!

canid

I've had Herks for years & didn't know their worth! My brother gave them to me nearly 20 yrs ago & they've been sitting in my rock basket. The largest is about 1/2" long. Now it's in my pocket. It would be very easy to lose one of these pretties.