Fun with Ulexite

shelikes2read

While researching Ulexite for a post on another forum, I ran across this very interesting link. It's one of the few sites with photos that really give an idea of WHY Ulexite has got the nickname of "TV Stone".

https://cs.uwaterloo.ca/~shallit/ulexite/tvstone.html

The way I use it is in manifestation exercises. This is because it takes the image that's beneath it, and "projects" it onto the top surface of the stone, in effect giving two-dimensional print or pictures a third dimension. Understand, this is not 3-D like in the movies. The third dimension is accomplished because the once-flat image is now filling the stone from bottom to top, and being shown on the top surface of the stone. This is why I like to use it for manifestation: because it's taking that flat image and raising it up until it's joining me in the three-dimensional world.

Do be sure to visit that link, as the images are excelent and it will also help you to determine if a stone you're looking at is truly Ulexite, or is mislabeled satin spar Gypsum (a.k.a. one of the forms of Selenite).

If you obtain Ulexite, be aware that the stone is prone to fracture or split, so be sure to handle it with care and store it safely.

Hemera

Oh wow, that is most interesting! Thanks for the link.
I have never heard of this stone before.
I´m going to a Crystal Fair in a week and I really want to check this one out!

shelikes2read

Oh wow, that is most interesting! Thanks for the link.
I have never heard of this stone before.
I´m going to a Crystal Fair in a week and I really want to check this one out!

Look for it as Ulexite, TV Stone, or (just saw this one for the first time the other day) TV Rock.

And take a look at the pictures that help differentiate Ulexite from a polished slab of Selenite, particularly the one with inclusions and the one that shows the breadth of the visual field where you can still clearly see the image on the stone. Remember that Ulexite allows for a wider angle, at which you can look at it and still see the image, compared to Selenite which needs to be looked at more straight-on or the image will blur and fade.

I mean, it'd be cool to be able to walk around with that beaker of fluid with a specific gravity such that Ulexite will float but Selenite will sink. But I don't know how to make that fluid, and it's just a tad impractical to be carrying around a beaker of fluid all day. ;) So the other two tests will have to suffice.

Richard

eBay is my usual source for minerals, but looking at the Ulexite entries is bewildering. I suspect that many of them are Selenite, with which I am familiar. I don't think the sellers are necessarily dishonest, but they can a be mistaken. Purchasing Ulexite without seeing and handling it in person may be a crap shoot.

toj

eBay is my usual source for minerals, but looking at the Ulexite entries is bewildering. I suspect that many of them are Selenite, with which I am familiar. I don't think the sellers are necessarily dishonest, but they can a be mistaken. Purchasing Ulexite without seeing and handling it in person may be a crap shoot.

That is the same for many stones. I have ordered Mary Ellen Jasper and Nuumite and got other stones.

Ulexite looks to be something I would like so may need to look for it.

exotik1

i slept with a ulexite under my pillow and had a telepathic conversation with an old lover that i miss...needless to say i love ulexite! my piece doesnt even work good as a tv stone as its so thick. but i love it just the same.

canid

I tried the link but it was broken. Ulexite is also known as the ESP stone, supposed to enhance those abilities, including all the 'clairs'. I got a big chunk years ago at a rock show & painstakingly broke off & polished pieces to give away. I just got 3 pieces from Science Bob, larger than the ones I fashioned. It only has a hardness of 2 so it's very easy to file & polish yourself with only nail files while you're watching 'TV' haha; I've heard of some people polishing it overnight with running water, it's so soft. Too bad it won't work with jewelry because of the hardness issue because it is way cool! Isn't that where they originally got the idea of fiber optics? Whatever you put it on top of, the image beneath floats to the surface of the stone, not like a magnifier at all. It's really neat. I just had Paul hold a piece while I held another & told him it's a test of our telepathic abilities. I snatched it out of his hand immediately & told him 'That wasn't very nice!' cause I knew he was thinking what a weirdo I am. Not sure if he bought it. But hey, if everyone were the same, it would be a boring planet, wouldn't it?

shelikes2read

The link might be need a little persistence. After seeing your post, I went and clicked the link. The first time, all I got was an "about:blank". But when I clicked it a second time, the page came up. Strange.

I haven't tried ulexite for telepathy or other sensitivity. I have worked with it for manifestation, though. And I'm a nerd and proud of it, so I love the fiberoptic qualities of the stone Just Because. :)

canid

The link might be need a little persistence. After seeing your post, I went and clicked the link. The first time, all I got was an "about:blank". But when I clicked it a second time, the page came up. Strange.

I haven't tried ulexite for telepathy or other sensitivity. I have worked with it for manifestation, though. And I'm a nerd and proud of it, so I love the fiberoptic qualities of the stone Just Because. :)

Thanks! I'll try the link again. I just think it's a really cool stone. Try taping a piece to your third eye. heehee. If people don't already think you're a nerd, they will then! I did it the other night & Paul just shook his head as he left the room. What do you mean by manifestation? What do you do with it? It would be pretty easy to make the fluid if you knew the ratio of salt/water, I've made it to test amber.

ETA: The link just worked, thanks.

shelikes2read

Thanks! I'll try the link again. I just think it's a really cool stone. Try taping a piece to your third eye. heehee. If people don't already think you're a nerd, they will then! I did it the other night & Paul just shook his head as he left the room. What do you mean by manifestation? What do you do with it? It would be pretty easy to make the fluid if you knew the ratio of salt/water, I've made it to test amber.

ETA: The link just worked, thanks.

Manifestation is one of the current "buzzwords" that's floating around, and it involves turning thoughts into reality. What I've done is put it over a photo or a written word depicting what I want. Due to the properties of the stone, the image/word will then "fill" the stone in a 3D manner, as the image gets projected from the paper up onto the top surface of the stone. So the stone is making that two-dimensional word or image turn into a three-dimensional thing. I find that helps me with the whole "turning a thought into reality" process.