What type of person is this, version 2.0

ncefafn

I have permission to post the following birth data:

Feb 10 1980
10:00 PM EST
Elizabethtown, KY USA
37 N 42, 85 W 52

214red

thanks for starting a new thread, i will look up the data tomorrow. Are they Male or female?

ncefafn

Female. Call her "R."

AmethystEyes

Is this still going to happen?

ncefafn

Well, I don't figure I can participate since I know her. If no one is going to participate, I'll take the data down.

AmethystEyes

Oh but is someone going to put up the chart?

dadsnook2000

Chart

MC @ 8 Cancer
Asc @ 7 Libra
Sun @ 23 Aquarius, 5th
Moon @ 12 Sag, 3rd
Mercury @ 6 Pisces, 5th
Venus @ 1 Aries, 6th
Mars @ 11 Virgo, 11th/12th
Jupiter @ 7 Virgo, 11th
Saturn @ 25 Virgo, 12th
Uranus @ 25 Scorpio, 2nd
Neptune @ 22 Sag, 3rd
Pluto @ 21 Libra, 1st
N.Node @ 29 Leo, 11th

This is an exercise for those who might be seen as "early studies" students. I'd suggest that someone first consider the Sun in the 5th and Moon in the 3rd. While this pair won't tell you everything about this person, it will give you an interesting basis to build the rest of the chart upon. Dave

214red

sorry hun i have been hectic with the move, but i do want to participate and its nice of you to add something i can join in to.

I also have a few new books to try out so will do so when i have a chance

214red

okay i was looking up the chart here and since i am learning more about aspects i thought the moon and sun were sextile as the sun is 2 signs away from the moon, but doesnt list this on the aspects on astro.com, did i get something wrong Dave?

The moon is in the 3rd house which means cares a great deal about their immediate environment (as its in sag that might be in varies countries), siblings, work colleagues, 3rd house is also about communication so i could see them as a talker, i could see them as knowing everything going on.

Sun in the fifth expresses themselves through fun, their creativity, are likely to love children, the sag makes me think they love travelling, and the sun in the fifth means i cant see them backpacking round the world. this sun and moon combination i would expect them to travel alot, having friends all over the world, and communicate via FB etc to keep in contact with them as per the moons need to communicate and Aquarian sun means they would love technology to do so.

seeing venus in the 6th in aries i would assume R loves the chase in relationships, she thinks thats it has to be hard work to be worth it and likes the hard to get type, she is the initiator, more likely to offer them a drink then wait for them to do so.

sorry i a rusty at the moment, so if i am way off let me know, also have no reference book here they are all boxed up

dadsnook2000

For 214red

There is a separation of 69 degrees between the Sun and Moon so there is no sextile aspect. From just this pair and their positioning we can draw several conclusions --- all of which may not be correct. We will have to wait until we look at all of the other chart characteristics.

First, I would not be so inclined to jump on "sign" influences early in any delineation! Why? Signs, if you use them, are "modifiers". You wouldn't describe your car by starting with the color of the racing-stripes that you have applied to the hood and trunk. You'd start with the make and model of the car, perhaps the year, whether it was a sedan-coupe-truck-SUV, and the color. PLANETS are where we start, HOUSES are where the function, ASPECTS & PHASES are how they interact, SIGNS come last on the list as modifiers.

SECOND, I would start with the Sun in the 5th house. Creativity as a prime personal way of expressing one's self can be applied to dress, work, image, children (raising or involvement with them in terms of work, life style in direct or in-direct ways). Work can be with children's clothes or toys, for example. Creativity can be as a teacher or artist or decorator or designer of golf courses -- bringing in the sports stuff. Too much detail, too early in the reading of the chart can be distractive. I would just say "Sun is expressive and creative in its nature" and leave it there for the moment.

Second, Moon in the 3rd indicates one who interacts with their environment as if being driven or heavily influenced by it. Moon is reflective, is our primary need engine, points out our method of response. This person would appear to live a busy life involving others. I would, again, forget about the foreign countries and Sag-stuff for now. We just want to sketch out a picture of the chart/person to start with. We can fill it in later.

Third, the Moon is in the "Changer" or "Reorientation" phase (270 to 315 degrees) from the Sun. As a pair, they indicate how we see and project ourselves toward the opposite gender, our attitude affects our effectiveness and health, how we balance our will, preferences, decision with our needs, etc. In this phase we find competency, an inner drive to change things. Leadership and inspiration for others is a result of how one operates. Since the 69 degree separation is close to 72 degrees (which indicates creativity) we see that this creativity is part of the public persona. It also ties in with the 5th house position of the Sun.

To temporarily summarize just these two factors, I would say that this person is a leader of some sort, perhaps a teacher or community leader or person of responsibility in a work setting (now about 30 years of age) whose way of acting inspires others, whose efforts are wrapped in creativity of act or of descriptive/teaching/writing, who works either with the public, women in numbers, or one-on-one within an intense setting. For starting off with a chart, I'd leave the Sun-Moon at just this short statement until the rest of the chart is examined. Again, too much too soon can be distractive.

For those not familiar with phase relationships there are extensive writings to be found in the resources sections of this astrology forum which I wrote several/many years ago. I use them here to show how much they can add to a chart in a simple way. Much of the fun in astrology comes from using it in effective ways. Don't quote books. Don't get complex. Simplicity. Dave