venus conjunct pluto in synastry

dadsnook2000

Perhaps we might disagree

The chart of the famous "Happy Hooker", Xaviera Hollander, has her Venus conjunct Pluto within a couple of degrees, and closely squaring her Moon and sextile her Uranus (2 degrees from her Ascendant). Given the common position of her Pluto for many others near her age, I would venture to say that she was very sexy, exciting, electric, emotionally stimulating to most who met her and who picked up on that energy.

From her book and biography, that indeed seems to have been the case as she travelled from bed to bed across Europe, the far East and the USA during her busy life. She indeed had a generational effect upon so many in the 60's and 70's.

But, as we both pointed out, the whole of the two charts have to be considered. Dave

ANA

Hello,

dadsnook2000 and minderwiz

thak you both so much, i study astrology as much as all the books i have on this let me and for some reason with these two i got stuck on Linda Goodman's definition of soul mates

I will get the additonal information later today and post it

Minderwiz you got me thinking about people in the same generation so i did an experiment
using their actual birth day i changed the years and guess what the V-P conjunction is not alwasy there actualy it is very rarely there although the P-P conjunction is
then i changed the months keeping the years and then again the V-P conjunction is not there other than for very narrow month sequences

i should also say that they are not born on the same continent but they have met, that is why i was going down the path of soul mates

thank you
ana

Minderwiz

OK Dave first LOL

I said that I didn't think, on the evidence presented, that there was any significance in the synastry, That isn't the same thing as saying that a conjunction between Venus and Pluto in one person's chart is not significant. Now I might well take up the issue of whether even the conjunction is a single chart is of minor significance but it leads to a long digression from the issue in hand and as we both agree that we need the full charts, let's wait for that info.

Ana

Without the info I can't comment on your experiment but it's good to see you investigating the possibilities. Your posted info doesn't give any positions, other than by sign, so I'm making only generalised statements and I did use the word 'likely'. It obviously depends on how close the 'conjunction' between Pluto and Venus are in his chart - if it's a wide conjunction then Pluto's annual or even monthly travel will have a larger effect than if the two planets are in close conjunction.

Being born on different continents will have no affect on the Pluto/Pluto and Pluto/Venus relationships. However even with a window of a few months the number of births worlds wide will be extremely large, and even if we narrow it down to the two continents concerned, we're still faced with a very large number of people.

My point is that the Pluto/Venus relationships by sign are not enough to draw any meaningful conclusions - add in the houses and that might change but even better we need to look at personal planets in both charts.

214red

i think with synastry you need to understand the basics of astrology before moving forward, because once you learn a bit about natal charts you will understand the complexities of astrology....synastry is a whole nother level

ANA

hello everybody,
i was on lunch and breaks when i posted, of course should have know better that the info i could remember would not be enough sorry guys i'll do better now - i can only hope!!!!
i have to admit i thought i knew a bit about astrology but am i ever out of my league here
thank god this is a learning forum!!!

Minderwiz your last post realy made me LOL!!! of course there will be millinos of people with the exact same DOBs you are so right i was just playing because i never thought of the planets like you did - never meant to offend...:)

so here is a lot more information

sun libra - 34'50" 9 house; do not know ascendant; moon scorpio - 20'10" 11 house; venus virgo - 51'25" 8 house; pluto virgo 10'7" 8 house; mars libra 24'0" 10 house; mercury libra 25'58" 10 house;

sun gemini 13'12" 10 house; ascendant gemini ; moon capricorn 14'14" 5 house; venus aries 56'9" 9 house; pluto virgo 36'3" 1 house; mars leo 30'28" 12 house; mercury cancer 28'30" 11 house;

did i do better now?

thank you
ana

Minderwiz

Ana,

Thanks for the additional info but there are still issues.

1, How do you know the house positions for chart 1 (him?) if you don't know the ascendant?

2 I don't follow your degree placements as you seem only to supply minutes and seconds. For example in chart 1 you quote the Sun as 34 minutes 50 seconds of Libra. You can't have meant ' for degrees, as no planet can have a placement beyond 29 degrees 59 mins 59 seconds in any sign. This is not the only instance of this problem by any means.

3 once you've sorted the above issues, is it possible to supply the degree and minutes of the Ascendant position for chart 2 plus the sign, degree and minute placement of the MC.

Please note that supplying that information WILL disclose her time, date and place of birth (though the latter will be a little rough). If you are in a position to disclose natal details then it's easier to supply time, date and place of birth, as many members will wish to draw up a chart using their own software.

ANA

hello, Minderwiz

i can't supply the details, i am sorry i seem to have wasted everybody's time

i need to do some more reading on this evidentely

for the chart i don't know the ascendat i used the 12:00 noon generic time of birth, but for that specific day the ascendat moves within the 24 hour period

as for the degrees that is what the software i used gave me, evidentely did not know to read it properly, i'll go back to it and try and understand better what it gives me

thank you very much very much for trying to help
ana

Minderwiz

Ana,

Don't worry - you've asked sensible questions and tried to do some of the work yourself, which is really commendable. Using a midday birth is a sound start and the only other regular alternative in these circumstances is to use a sunrise birth (one is not better than the other).

If it's stimulated your interest in Astrology then that's a very big positive, as far as I'm concerned and I don't mind in the least answering any queries you may have as you search for more knowledge.

So, no, you haven't wasted anyone's time and we hope that you will post again, especially if you find the missing info on the planetary placements.

star-lover

ANA said:
Hello,

i read the rules but still not sure how to post here, so hoping i am not breaking any, here is my question?

i have done a synastry chart for two friends of mine

he has Venus conjunct Pluto in his own chart in Virgo
the synastry chart has her Pluto conjunct his Venus
of course there is the Pluto/Pluto conjunction also but it is a generational conjunction and although it is important did not look to me as important as the V-P conjunction.

i have read that this conjunction in a synastry chart speaks of soul mates - two souls that were once one and are finding each other in each life time

what is your opinion on this?

venus pluto aspects do tend to show soul mate connections for want of a better word - there is an intensity to the relationship - obsessiveness, all or nothing kind of thing, can't get enough of each other, and the lesson of learning to let go if it doesn't work out- its quite a beautiful aspect to have in synastry, it makes people grow through relationships, very erotic too :cool5:

and emotional intimacy and honesty is another trademark for this aspect

ANA

thank you Star-Lover

it kinda felt to me that whay too when i was trying to read their chart - i felt it was somewhat interesting that although they were born on different continents they met

i am trying to find better software to come up with the missing info

i will try again

thank you
ana