Deck of the Week : Sign-up Thread: Week 213 : August 29 - September 4

JylliM

I'm enjoying the artwork of the Victorian Romantic, the handling not so much. Yes, they look great, but they are too big to shuffle comfortably, a bit slippery, and the gilt edging makes me wary of damaging them. Because of this I'm not sure that this will ever be a go-to deck. It's early days, however, and maybe I'll get used to the card stock and less precious about the gilt!

BodhiSeed

Love the Wheel of Change artwork; the companion book might make a good doorstop. :laugh:
The wonderful Aboriginal art and stories in the Oracle of the Dreamtime have worked well with the WoC.

Madrigal

Love the Wheel of Change artwork; the companion book might make a good doorstop. :laugh:
The wonderful Aboriginal art and stories in the Oracle of the Dreamtime have worked well with the WoC.

I'm enjoying seeing these two together. Lol at the doorstop solution :joke:

Madrigal

Enjoying my walk down memory lane with my Mythic Tarot. :)
This was my very first tarot deck, purchased at least 25 years
ago. It is so raggedy and tattered now that it is difficult to shuffle
and, strangely, it still smells of the incense I stored it with in my
early twenties.

I noticed there was a study group for this deck, so I looked through
some of the threads. I realized this was the first study group for which
I didn't need to have the cards in front of me; all of the Mythic Tarot
images seem to be firmly imprinted in my mind.

Aw, that's a nice story, RRD. What a special Tarot relationship right down to the twenty-year-old incense. :thumbsup:

Scarlet Woodland

I've been really enjoying my oracle combination this week... neither deck (Halloween Oracle/Oracle of the Mermaids) felt entirely complete on its own, despite being beautiful, but together I've had wonderful results. Haven't needed to touch my tarot deck.

I've also been enjoying my first real foray into journeying/meditating with the cards and have actually found it incredibly easy with these. Music on the headphones and a good pair of reading glasses seem to be the key for me haha. Will definitely be adding to my collection with more decks from these artists (Selina Fenech and Jimmy Manton BTW)... Wild wisdom of the faery and the new edition of the Dragonfae are flirting with me as I speak ;)

Having a very oracley couple of weeks for some reason... think Tarot D burned me out a little and needed the respite.

As an aside can I say it really pees me off when they don't mention the artist anywhere on the box on decks... you have to look in the publishing credits at the front of the Halloween Oracle to find the artist, which personally I find just plain rude. Harumph.

swedishfish612

I took a little break this week, but I'll be back with you all next week. :)

JylliM

Nice to see you here, Marcus R!

Madrigal

I'm really enjoying both my oracle deck and my Tarot deck this week--Devas of Creation and Tarot of the Spirit. So far they've been working seamlessly together. TotS is a wonderful deck, so full of rich and refined symbolism and the artwork is just plain gorgeous. I also like the author's writings on it which isn't always the case. DoC is inspired, a unique deck among oracles with lovely, ephemeral artwork that manages at the same time to have some real substance to it.