What housing system do you use ?

Barleywine

Another vote for Master Method here. There's a few houses that are slightly altered, following my teacher Camelia's take on Romanian houses, link below.

https://taroflexions.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/the-lenormand-houses/

Here's a link to the Master Method chapter in Foli's book, but absolutely recommend getting your hands on a pulp version.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/tarot/ftc/ftc15.htm

Oh joy, another method to learn! :) But, seriously, this looks very good. I will be buying Foli's book for my Kindle soon. But does the electronic version differ somehow from the "pulp" version? I suppose I could alway print out the linked material, since I do have a binder for such things.

tarotlova

Another vote for Master Method here. There's a few houses that are slightly altered, following my teacher Camelia's take on Romanian houses, link below.

https://taroflexions.wordpress.com/2012/10/30/the-lenormand-houses/

Here's a link to the Master Method chapter in Foli's book, but absolutely recommend getting your hands on a pulp version.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/tarot/ftc/ftc15.htm

Thanks for these links very interesting I've only just started to delve into houses.

Izzydunne

I don't use any house system. I don't care for this approach, although many seem to like it.

Teheuti

Donnaleigh de la Rose originated a technique that can be used for either short spreads or the Grand Tableau. Shuffle one deck and lay out the cards in the spread. Shuffle a second deck and lay out a set of cards on top of the first set.

Read the top set as you would normally. Then, add nuance to the reading by viewing the underlying cards as the houses. You can use either Master Method meanings (by number) or the core keyword for the the underlying cards. Or you can use a recently published set of Lenormand House Cards (can't remember the name of the set).

This method has been dubbed "Mobile Homes (or Houses)."

Barleywine

Donnaleigh de la Rose originated a technique that can be used for either short spreads or the Grand Tableau. Shuffle one deck and lay out the cards in the spread. Shuffle a second deck and lay out a set of cards on top of the first set.

Read the top set as you would normally. Then, add nuance to the reading by viewing the underlying cards as the houses. You can use either Master Method meanings (by number) or the core keyword for the the underlying cards. Or you can use a recently published set of Lenormand House Cards (can't remember the name of the set).

This method has been dubbed "Mobile Homes (or Houses)."

Interesting. I've been using my large-format cards to lay out the house "framework" for the GT first (since I haven't memorized everything yet), in the normal Rider-through-Cross sequence, and then deal the spread cards on top of them. This would shake things up a bit, and I like the idea of it for non-GT use.

Seaqueen

I've come to realize that i've been reading the houses wrong in a GT...i've been reading them more fluidly like the cards.

For example the house of coffin i could have read, as an ending or illness or a box etc, depending on the reading i was doing.

But ive Just read somewhere online that the houses always stay the same, they never change they're meaning like the cards do.

But i cant find anywhere that has set meanings for the houses of a GT.... so for instance would the house of Rider ALWAYS just represent News..and not movement ?

Then what would the Clover house represent ? LUCK and that's it....or would it be a surprise, something small etc....which one would i use ?

Does anyone have a set housing system that they use that works ?
My recommendation would be that you assign your own meanings to each House that you already learned about the individual cards. It's best to narrow it down to one primary and one secondary meaning. The House meanings do not change. When a card sits in a House the card will be modified to some degree by the House meanings. This process does not need to be overly complicated. Look at it like the card is visiting the House.

For example: Clover House will have temporary energy. Sometimes it is a lucky streak. If the Clouds card sat in the Clover House during your reading that means there would definitely be some confusion but not long lasting and most likely in the end something positive comes out of it.

Another example: Rider House does have movement but not in the sense that the meaning changes. Something is approaching the client. If the Fish card sat here that means one of two things. Either a man of King of Diamonds will arrive or have something to do with a situation or there is actual money on its way via various means.

Hope that helps.

Sharla

My recommendation would be that you assign your own meanings to each House that you already learned about the individual cards. It's best to narrow it down to one primary and one secondary meaning. The House meanings do not change. When a card sits in a House the card will be modified to some degree by the House meanings. This process does not need to be overly complicated. Look at it like the card is visiting the House.

For example: Clover House will have temporary energy. Sometimes it is a lucky streak. If the Clouds card sat in the Clover House during your reading that means there would definitely be some confusion but not long lasting and most likely in the end something positive comes out of it.

Another example: Rider House does have movement but not in the sense that the meaning changes. Something is approaching the client. If the Fish card sat here that means one of two things. Either a man of King of Diamonds will arrive or have something to do with a situation or there is actual money on its way via various means.

Hope that helps.

Thankyou, the way you've explained it has actually helped a lot .....thanks for your reply.

Seaqueen

Thankyou, the way you've explained it has actually helped a lot .....thanks for your reply.
Glad I could help out. One more bit of tidbit, if you have basic knowledge of Astrology then you may know that when a planet transits a House, the House does not really change. The transitting Planet adds its energy to the House.

Another example:
Lady House: if the Heart card sits in there that could mean a great love is coming for the woman.

Usually when Houses are read in relation to the Significator there is a stringing technique. If you'd like to know how to do that let me know.

Teheuti

Excellent advice, as always.

You can think of the Lenormand House a little like the house meanings in astrology (though not as strong) - a planet in a sign transits all the houses each day - like being tinted slightly by different lights and shades.