DREAMING WAY LENORMAND

Essjay

I noticed it was in stock at the BD. Still in two minds. I'm a bit ambivalent about some of the more detailed modern Lenormands. Love the artwork on this one but the cards I've seen make me wonder how clear it is for reading. I like my Lenormands stark. Having said that, the Celtic Lenormand made me rethink this a bit. Still on the fence...

I got mine from BD and it's just been dispatched so hopefully it'll be here ... well, it could be a week or so knowing them. But at least they definitely have some!

Cocobird55

Got a notice from Amazon that i should get it on the 17th.

lightpers

The deck is on the way to my place, the main reason i get this deck is because i love Kwon Shina 's artworks, it always seems beautiful (personally) for me!

OaksWhispering

Definitely placing an order!

Le Fanu

But that Fox card. Here's me thinking - at first - it was a lovely lady carrying a fox on her shoulders, but I'm not sure that's the implication. Is that supposed to be a "Fox Stole"? The fox looks alive but with taxidermy you can do anything...

The best Fox cards for me are those where the Fox is definitely alive and in its natural habitat. I love the Dondorf one - happy fox in his lair. Or the Mertz, prowling in the forest clearing. Or the Celtic, alert by the waterfall.

How exactly does this Fox card convey the qualities of the Lenormand Fox? This is the reservation I have so often with modern Lenormands. They take the symbols out of context - do an artistic interpretation - and of course it's very pretty. Who's the smart one here - the Fox or the elegant lady showing off in her evening dress? The woman dominates, the fox is subservient. It's decorative. So much of artistic contemporary Lenormands is decorative.

I think "pretty" dominates in much of this Lenormand - and people love that, I know. But I honestly think if someone knew the Lenormand cards really well, they wouldn't do a Fox card like that. They'd let the Fox shine on its own.

Essjay

Perhaps the fox is wearing the lady :D It could be in total control, hitching a lift!

You're right though, there's nothing wrong with a singular fox doing his own thing.

celticnoodle

I just recently received this deck and I love it. I have been playing with it over the last few days and last night and today, I've been using it in the Grand Tableau readings. It reads wonderfully!

As for the fox, at first I wasn't sure how I felt about that card. But the more I look at it, the more it grows on me. I know the fox can also be about being clever and looking at the woman wearing the fox stole, I'd say she does seem to portray a sort of "I'm clever" look on her face.

The fox can also be an untrustworthy person in your company and I see that as well easily in this card. That foxes face seems to indicate the lady is being fooled by the fox and it is taking advantage of her, but the lady is totally oblivious to this fact. She needs to open her eyes and see that fox for who he/she truly is!

So, I can now really see the meaning in this card and just pay attention to the feelings it invokes in me when I am reading it in combination with the other cards around it. I'm beginning to really like this card. It speaks loud and clear to me so far!

I love the simplicity of the artwork. The colors in it are very pretty too.

JuniperPress

celcticnoodle - can you post a deck review on youtube or somewhere similar? I'm DYING to see all the cards!

greatdane

IF anyone sees a video of the deck on youtube

Please feel free to post it. I haven't seen one yet, but I'm sure there will be one fairly soon.
Going to check again.....

EDIT: so far, I've just found the Dreaming Way TAROT on a video....

Cocobird55

Mine is arriving tomorrow. Can't wait