Mystical Lenormand Book

Village Witch

Just purchased the Mystical Lenormand Book.

While Rana George's Essential Lenormand is my favorite Lenormand book for all the information it gives... and what I find to be a more light hearted style of reading/interpreting than Caitlyn Matthews..., the Mystical Lenormand book is a very close second.

I love that the Anchor card is viewed as the job card. That rings more true to me than the Fox or the Moon cards.

Anyone else own this book? What do you think of it?

WolfyJames

There are numerous traditions in Petit Lenormand: French, Belgian, German, Russian, and many more. So in each tradition some cards are keys and have specific meanings that are not shared in other traditions.

Rana George follows the French, Belgian tradition so in the French tradition the work card is the Fox, hence why she put Fox as the work card in her book. The people behind the Mystical Lenormand are German and follow the German tradition so they place the work card at another card in their book.

So it's better to pick a tradition that pleases you. In my case I follow the French tradition. If you prefer German then go with it.

There are many books and courses available in English for close of a decade for those who want to take Lenormand's courses that follow the German tradition, while for those who follow the French tradition, there are a few courses in English and only two books out that follow the french tradition (Sylvie Steinbach and Rana George).

Some here might give you more insights about the German tradition and give you links to other books and courses in English. Personally I do not have these infos saved because I do not use that tradition.

Nickigirl

Thanks for posting this. I ordered one too! šŸ˜Š

Barleywine

My thanks as well. I'm trying to get my hands on just about anything worthwhile in English (I have most of the recent Lenormand literature available in English except the Katz/Goodwin book), so this one goes right onto my Amazon wishlist.

On a side note, back when andybc was still a member we had some interesting discussions about the "work" card. Andy uses the Moon card, which makes sense to me since the astrological Moon represents habitual or routine activities like performing work tasks on a daily basis, and the reputation for reliability that grows up around that, while the Anchor signifies the stability of a long-term career. To me (and this is just my personal opinion), the Fox - because of its fabled cleverness - in respect to work seems more like the talents or skills one brings to the workplace. In this way I can encompass all three within my own viewpoint.