Deck of the Month Study Group??

Onyx

So I am wondering what everyone is thinking about using for the Mythological oracle.

I was just planning on using my Gods and Titians oracle but have never really gotten any great mileage out of it. Looking online there are some pretty good reviews for the Isis Oracle and it looks great. I am really thinking that it will be my choice.

Anyone have an idea?

Onyx.

conurelover

August Study

Hi I am new to Oracle of the Month and wanted to join this month with either my Goddess Inspirations or Goddess Guidance cards. Sometimes I only get time to post musings in month studies on the weekend.

Thank you.

2dogs

I messaged DragonFae and she's OK but busy with more important family matters so I'd suggest one of you starts the August thread yourself. I don't have any Mythology themed decks so I might go and do the missing July one in my own time :livelong:.

Onyx

I am getting along with the Isis Oracle pretty well. I love the art and that was a compelling factor in getting the deck for me. I love the fact that this is one of the only big card deck oracles that I have actually been able to shuffle. The card stock is firm but there is enough give so that I am able to do a vertical riffle shuffle.

In the daily draws and few readings I have done there is something that I am missing though. I like the deck but I am not sure it is as balanced as I had originally thought. One thing that I firmly believe is that if a deck is going to work then it has to have a balance and a scope to take in the whole world of experience. So I am drawn to the conclusion that this is a good meditation deck but not necessarily a great reading deck for me.

Looking forward to the rest of the month it is clear that with the messages that the deck has been giving me there is a great message that I am still trying to figure out.

But in the end, so far this has been a fun month with the oracle of the month unlike the last couple that were quite frustrating for me. I have had a chance to know what doesn't work as well with me so that is a good lesson though not fun. Live and learn but still I like having fun too.

Onyx.

Mi-Shell

Finally I have a little time to myself and so I was delighted, when our oracle of the month thread showed up in my CP :)
I know, it is already August 10, but i will join in here also with my Goddess knowledge cards.
They are beautifully painted by my favourite painter, Susan Seddon Boulet. I also have her other, Animal related deck and her beautiful coffee table sized art books. It will b a joy to do morning meditations with these images - and also do a little "check up" as to how my knowledge of the lore and myth and my attitudes towards certain goddessesf has changed over the last 15 years.

Onyx

So August has been a bunch of fun for me. I used the Isis Oracle exclusively for the first half. Found that I wasn't getting the depth of readings that I wanted. Never tired of looking at the deck images but added the Gods and Titans deck as an addition to the Isis and it was great! Still looking forward to the final week with both of these decks.

But........ I get real excited at the end of each month thinking about the next month and what I am going to do. This September's study with a different oracle device is exciting. I have been looking for a chance to really start to use my casting sets that i have picked up from Carrie Paris. I have the Magpie Oracle based on the Lenormand symbols and the follow up. So I was all set to start casting away but then I started to think bout Runes. I love the Runes and have not used them in years. I have a lot of chances to improve my understanding of them but they are cool. I have a wooden rune set and I have two sets of Rune cards.

Still even more I have never used a pendulum and I am really tempted to try using one this next month. Now I get a sense that they can be used together. Yes my wooden Rune set is a casting oracle. The pendulum can also be using in conjunction with both as well.

Curious what others are planning on doing for this next month.

Onyx.

Mi-Shell

I will be using my traditional Siberian Shaman's Oracle.
I will be writing a little more about it then.

AJ

Mi-shell, is the Siberian Shaman's Oracle one of your own making?
A google for "Siberian Shaman's Oracle" shows only this thread

Mi-Shell

AJ ♥
this is not a deck of cards or something you can buy somewhere. It is something any Kham of my people would have assembled using small mnemonic pieces pertaining to the Ancestor Spirits, Clan Guardians, Miahanits and also to significant incidences of personal spiritual learning and important life events.

Onyx

AJ ♥
this is not a deck of cards or something you can buy somewhere. It is something any Kham of my people would have assembled using small mnemonic pieces pertaining to the Ancestor Spirits, Clan Guardians, Miahanits and also to significant incidences of personal spiritual learning and important life events.

Okay, this just might be the most interesting thing that I have heard of in a while. I am looking forward to what your experience with it is.

As I am looking at casting I have thought about what it would be like to build my own set of important items to use in my own practice.

Good Luck and make sure you let us know how it goes.

Onyx.