Poem on the 22 Hebrew letters

Rosanne

Welcome Clou to the perennial question of who is Aleph? :D.... and for me personally who is Tav/Tau. I enjoyed your reasoning- but the sequence that you present did not unravel, but was caught and snared at the starting block. I also could not think of the Temple as what is created by the elements- so Le Bateleur/Magician is Beth? Beth means Temple, house, dwelling etc, not an act of anything. Levi, Waite, Mathers all reckon the Temple is La Papesse/High Priestess- which counting backwards would make Le Bateleur 1= Aleph the breath of God, the silent sound of the Phoenician alphabet. This is not an debate to change your mind- we each come to what is right for ourselves. Me- I think the Fool is Tau and because I love the Stars, he is Orion. Orion is the mark in the sky.... and man marked to wander this Le Monde/Universe.
There are many threads that discuss this vexing problem of who is Aleph. Good Luck and enjoy the journey. Here is my card for Aleph the Ox who snorts air as he starts to plow. You can see who I think Aleph is. The poem of the thread is one person's vision of the sequence- you are allowed to have your own. ~Rosanne

Attachments

• Rosanne1.jpg
    Rosanne1.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 111

greycats

Of Vau

Fulgour said:
Beginning with Aleph and Le Bateleur, each line may be seen
as a reflection of the poetic structure underlying the letters.
I would be very pleased if you would continue to elaborate,
drawing forth any associations you may wish to provide here.

I'm not altogether sure what you're after, here, but Nigel Pennick in his Magical Alphabets speaks of an ancient divination system in which one interprets the light flashing off nails in terms of forming letters. After I read that, I kept seeing Hebrew letters formed of flashing sunlight.

I hadn't really thought of nails as sacred objects before, but I thought of the Regia in Rome where the head of the October Horse was nailed and which was the official residence of the Pontifex Maximus during the republic. The other end of the horse was taken to the temple of Vesta for rites at that altar. An odd sharing of a sacred animal between the offices of a priest who must be married and of priestesses who must never be.

I thought of country door-fasteners made of small, wooden rectangles the center of which is nailed to the door-facing next to the unhinged side of the door by a single nail. A single nail means the rectangle can rotate. So, rotate the rectangle across the door, and it holds the door in place. Rotate the rectangle parallel to the door, and the door can open. The Door is "authority," but its movement is limited by the nail. One of the meanings of Vau is doorknob.

Relationships legitimize authority, it seems.

I thought of the great wheel of the heavens turning on a single star and of Vau's paradoxical powers to make things both fast and loose at the same time. ;)

Rosanne

greycats said:
I thought of country door-fasteners made of small, wooden rectangles the center of which is nailed to the door-facing next to the unhinged side of the door by a single nail. A single nail means the rectangle can rotate. So, rotate the rectangle across the door, and it holds the door in place. Rotate the rectangle parallel to the door, and the door can open. The Door is "authority," but its movement is limited by the nail. One of the meanings of Vau is doorknob.
Relationships legitimize authority, it seems.
Once when I was contemplating this Peg/ door vau and the letter W, Fulgour sent me this picture of an Egptian Door fastener- and the concept of what a doorknob was way back then.
Loved your post greycats! ~Rosanne

Attachments

• Egyptian Lock Cross-Cut view.jpg
    Egyptian Lock Cross-Cut view.jpg
    15 KB · Views: 111