I want the Thoth Tarot

Shadow Wolf

I went up to Woodstock NY, it's about a 2 hr. drive for me. I had a $10.00 reading with the Thoth deck. It was awesome how accurate it was about what was going with me, and how I was feeling. Now I want it. I loved the
artwork, it gave me an awesome reading. Next time up to Woodstock, I'm
getting it.

I should get back up there in a couple of weeks, just me a close friend, it should be fun !!

gorgeousbutterfly

i LOVE this deck. when you first get it and you have them in your hands you will notice how this deck is very special compared to any other deck. it is very sacred that way. its the type of deck i only use for special readings. i feel a great amount of respect for it , not that i don't with other decks but with this one there is something i can't reallly explain. i feel crowley and the artist (don't remember name now) would want others to appreciate the deck this way so i just want to respect them.

Edge

gorgeousbutterfly said:
i LOVE this deck. when you first get it and you have them in your hands you will notice how this deck is very special compared to any other deck. it is very sacred that way. its the type of deck i only use for special readings. i feel a great amount of respect for it , not that i don't with other decks but with this one there is something i can't reallly explain. i feel crowley and the artist (don't remember name now) would want others to appreciate the deck this way so i just want to respect them.

Lady Frieda Harris :) I couldn't agree with your more. This deck has had a very powerful impact on me since obtaining it. I was previously using the RW for study and reading but since I got my Thoth it has been the only deck I use for either. I feel as if it's becoming a true companion.

minimonster777

I was ambivalent about tarot readings...I had all but given up on the RWS deck...and when I saw the Thoth deck online I just HAD to have it. It is such an amazing deck, I love it, and my readings have reached a whole new level using it... I carry it everywhere, and I'm always looking for excuses to use it, haha!

ZenMusic

the Thoth is deep and beautiful.. I spent months studying it, examined each card with a magnifying glass , comparing The Book of Thoth, with DuQuette's Understanding Aleister Crowley's Thoth Tarot .. and several others in parallel.. learned all the Cabalistic attributions etc.. have a notebook filled with my notes about it..

in the process I really learned TAROT and deeply connected with it.. it gives me awesome readings...

i occassionally use another deck (Tarot of Dreams, Ancient Egyptian, maybe the Universal) but the Thoth will always be my main deck.

Cosmotaroist

Get it!! Althought I'm no expert on Thoth as of now...most people would confidently assure you that it is one of the most "sophisticated" deck that has ever been designed, created; that is, the one set of plates that has a great deal of effort been put into...Lady F. Harris and the Master Therion both did their best to make sure the deck is a pefect representation of the universe, with the right colours, the right arrangments (the Zodiacal adjustment as instructed by the secret cheifs...)

Just the colours alone can allow anyone to realize it is quiet a "beautiful" deck

From my own experience, I started out with the RWS...now have switch to thoth...because , to me, there is so much more that I can derive from each Thoth card than from the former. E.G. the rich hues, symbolisms, attributions etc.

Even if it does not become "the deck" for you, you will never regret to have it as part of your deck collections.

Shadow Wolf

I tried to do a reading for a friend with the Thoth deck but was very confused by the instruction booklets interpretations. I remembered that there were books out there to help with the interpretation of the Thoth Tarot.

I will examine the cards one by one and try to a get a feel for their meanings and then read the one of the books. I want to gain more of and understanding before I do any serious readings.

Lillie

I have been using this deck for 20 years and more.

I use it for everything. Serious readings, silly readings, messing about readings.
It's good for them all.

You can use it totally intuitivley (make up your own meanings from what you see on the cards, and what the images mean to you as an individual)
Or you can do loads of deep study into the kaballah and Crowley and thelema and all that stuff.
Or something in between.

But the best thing to do, always, is to use it.
use it while you are studying, or not studying. Use it with the book and without the book.
Use it, get to know it, let it get to know you.

It can be a really deep deck, but it can be very funny too, giving really obvious meanings, like it's joking with you.

It's a great deck, but it does not do it alone, it needs a reader, and the reader needs to practice with it.
So, the best advice I can give is to just use it. In which ever way takes your fancy.

Dean

Shadow Wolf said:
It was awesome how accurate it was about what was going with me, and how I was feeling.

I have never come across another deck like the Thoth for giving very accurate readings, like most things in life the more you put into something the more you will get back in return. I have study with the Thoth for a long time now read all the books, and even now i'am still learning new things about this deck.