The Easiest Way To Learn The Tarot Ever, Exercise 5: There And Back Again

3ill.yazi

(page 24ff in the book)

And it has nothing to do with hobbits. :)

This one is like Exercise 4 on steroids. Pull three cards, and reading them left to right, come up with a narrative for what is going on.

THEN, with the same three cards, come up with another narrative (a little story) but this time it goes in order right to left.

For this one, the book suggests that it may help to call upon some of the traditional book meanings for the cards and not just your gut reactions.

I will try a couple first.

PAGE OF COUNS - TEN OF SWORDS - TWO OF WANDS

1. I had a great idea for a startup business, but the investors betrayed me by trying to leverage me out. But I retained ownership of the idea, and decided to strike out on my own.

2. My business plans were doing great --until Bernie Madoff. I've decided to go back to school.

TEN OF COINS - ACE OF CUPS - FIVE OF CUPS

1. You had it all, a comfortable life, but then you fell passionately in love. And suddenly it just wasn't enough for you to be without this person.

2. I was inconsolable in self pity, until I had a moment of spiritual inspiration. It left me with renewed appreciation of my life, friends, and family.

3ill.yazi

SEVEN WAND - FIVE COINS - PAGE OF SWORDS

1. He couldn't agree with anyone, which resulted in his becoming destitute when times were tough. Luckily, he received successful news about the lawsuit.

2. The news hit home, leaving him without support. But he was able to struggle his way to the top.

Harperhaven

ACE of WANDs - 8 OF WANDS - 5 OF CUPS

I had a great idea for a new business venture, so flew to New York to sell it to some capital venturists but they didn't like the idea and didn't give me any money. But at least I hold the patent!

I'm unhappy with how my life is going lately. Things are changing so quickly I can't seem to keep up with them. OH NO!!! I'm pregnant too!

3ill.yazi

KING OF SWORDS - EIGHT OF COINS - SEVEN OF CUPS

1. My boss issued a challenge for production, so I busted my butt meeting the production deadline. Now I get to decide what to spend that huge bonus on!

2. I was too much of a dreamer when I was younger. I didn't apply myself and ended up in a kind of monotonous job, and my boss is kind of an autocrat, though a good one.

ivanna

Ten coins - 2 coins - 2 wands

There was a man very rich and happy, but he had to deal with new economic situations (thank you Madoff), and he had to wait untill new oportunities arrived.

OMG my neighbour is taking a shower and singing so laut, difficult to think properly with this hoarse pavaroti.

:D

Harperhaven

4 OF WANDS - KING OF SWORDS - 7 OF PENTACLES

We were all having a really fun time at the birthday party at work till the boss came by and made us go back to work

I can't help but daydream about my future will bring. Maybe it includes that witty, dreamy dark-haired lawyer I met last week. We're going out Friday nite!

3ill.yazi

TEN OF SWORDS - EIGHT OF CUPS - THREE OF SWORDS

1. L to R: My office was full of backstabbers, so I quit. But I still carry the trauma of that experience.

2. R to L: My life was full of heartbreak, so I went on a journey of self-discovery. I am now at peace, even as worse things happened.

ivanna

Page wands, 4 coins , 2 of swords

He was waiting news from a capital venture that finally did not borrow him the money as they considered the proyect was not valid.

She wasn't able to see the truth about his husband. A miserable man. She was only seeing him as a handsome and capable person.

Harperhaven

KNIGHT OF PENTACLES - 9 OF CUPS - 4 OF WANDS

L to R: I've been a steady worker even tho its not the most exciting of jobs, but it has provided me with a good life outside work. I'm able to enjoy the fruits of my efforst with my friends

R to L: We had a big family celebration yesterday. Uncle Harry got silly and drunk. Cousin Michael seemed to brood alot and just sat in the corner checking his stock quotes

3ill.yazi

FOUR OF SWORDS - FIVE OF COINS - KNIGHT OF SWORDS

as the great man lies in state, his heirs are left out in the cold. They hired a hotshot attorney to reexamine that will.

I just jumped into activism all read for the fight for justice. But when I've had a chance to see real human suffering, I'm realizing I have to stop and recharge my batteries so I don't burn out.