If I give one of my kids (age 10) a crystal...

Ayram

If I give one of my kids a crystal when it's bedtime and tell them it will help them sleep or feel peaceful, they'll hold it in their hand - in bed - and fall right asleep every time. :) I love that. That is all...

Hemera

Oh, what a nice idea! Which crystals do you use?

Maybe Rose Quartz would be good for that purpose. And Aquamarine. Howlite might work like a glass of milk? :p

Calayvie

I should try this with my son soon. He used to take his lapis to bed, which he picked out from the crystal shop and was very fond of. [emoji4]
Now at 3 years, he tends to take other things to bed, like toy cars and other weird cumbersome and uncomfortable things! Lol. Like once it was a orange hard hat. A real one! [emoji15]
Oh and he always takes his wool felt fairy to bed with him, she protects him from monsters and shadows, as well as the fairy figurine that he places on the bedside each night with a piece of amethyst, and he says a little prayer "fairy please protect me from monsters and shadows, Thankyou" and he kisses her (or blows her a kiss) several times before he goes to bed. [emoji4]
Its so cute, I love the ritual and how it gives him comfort to go to sleep.

That must be awesome for you to get your 10year old to sleep quickly though. [emoji4]
Waiting for a child to sleep when they won't go down straight away is painful! [emoji31]

Sent from my R5 using Tapatalk

Ayram

Oh, what a nice idea! Which crystals do you use?

Maybe Rose Quartz would be good for that purpose. And Aquamarine. Howlite might work like a glass of milk? :p

First of all, I don't know why my grammar was so bad there! I have twin ten year-olds so I use plural a lot without forgetting how strange it sounds!

Secondly, well (I'm very new to all this!), I spent a LOT of time over the last few weeks looking up in the index of the Crystal Bible traits and characteristics that my sons have. So then I went to find the section in the book that showed that particular crystal and I read all about it. If it still felt like it fit my son/s, I made a point to buy a palm stone - the right size for him/them to hold - if I didn't already have it. Almost all my stones and crystals are new to me though - I went on a crazy lady buying spree recently...but that's another story! ;)

So for example one of my sons is pretty intense. He gets mad at us and is really sensitive and creative and jealous and amazingly talented musically (and visual-artist) and he's been known to throw "fits" - for lack of a better word - when he feels overwhelmed or misunderstood or tired or low blood sugar or anxious. He's always needed more from us (he has two brothers) as some kids just do...so I think he feels unloved some of the time no matter how much we try - because we have to give attention to his sibs, too, and they all have ways of competing. And not surprisingly he gets needy - but he's also oddly vain and will play hard to get so he shows it in odd ways. He wants so much love yet at the same time makes it hard to give it to him cause he doesn't want to be too vulnerable or be seen as weak to his brothers or something! It's tough and I worry about him. He's not on the spectrum much as I make it sound like he might be.

The stone I keep trying to get him but can't so far find locally is charoite. I have a pendant for myself but I'd like to find him a rock he can hold onto in bed at night. Meanwhile, I've given him some of my other stones/crystals that seem also fitting. He loves this really smooth polished clear quartz crystal in a nice fat blob of a shape that fits in his hand perfectly. Tonight I gave him a lapis lazuli heart palm stone. He feels most things that don't feel good are his brother's fault - never his (ha) and I would say feels he's under "psychic attack" so it's fitting for that reason! It's also said to be good for helping with self-awareness and helping one sleep, so ta da! :) I've also given him a nice piece of rose quartz and told him it's the love stone and that he can hold onto it all night long if he wants so he can feel how much we all love him. And on a night after which he's had a day full of mood swings, I gave him a raw slab of lepidolite to put under his pillow.

He and I both act a little silly about all this... he doesn't quite know what to make of it and I just told him that it's fun to think there might be truth to some of it. Even if it's just the placebo effect, there's something to be said about that! And more importantly if it's an excuse to concentrate on what we want and need (from ourselves, the universe, etc), that's even better! He's always been the boy who loves to explore and open up cupboards and drawers and check everything out. Really into trinkets and boxes and storage and organizing all his stuff. So his head just about exploded when I showed him all the rocks and crystals I've been sneakily collecting over the past month and how I put them all in this huge, 3 or 4-tiered jewelry case I'd found at my grandparents' house recently and emptied out. So if for no other reason than all this serious BLING, he really seems to like this stuff!! ;)

Sorry this turned into such a rant!

Ayram

I should try this with my son soon. He used to take his lapis to bed, which he picked out from the crystal shop and was very fond of. [emoji4]
Now at 3 years, he tends to take other things to bed, like toy cars and other weird cumbersome and uncomfortable things! Lol. Like once it was a orange hard hat. A real one! [emoji15]
Oh and he always takes his wool felt fairy to bed with him, she protects him from monsters and shadows, as well as the fairy figurine that he places on the bedside each night with a piece of amethyst, and he says a little prayer "fairy please protect me from monsters and shadows, Thankyou" and he kisses her (or blows her a kiss) several times before he goes to bed. [emoji4]

That must be awesome for you to get your 10year old to sleep quickly though. [emoji4]
Waiting for a child to sleep when they won't go down straight away is painful! [emoji31]

Oh my gosh that is so sweet...you almost made me tear up! What a good mommy you are! He sounds hilarious in his own way and adorable.

Bonny

I used to run school yoga retreats for thirteen/fourteen year olds.
We had amethyst and Quartz crystal as part of our sacred space and I explained that they are just like other special parts of the earth like waterfalls and beaches... Special ancient energies that calm us and soothe... They loved that - all 80 kids xx bless them all wherever they are now

celticnoodle

If I give one of my kids a crystal when it's bedtime and tell them it will help them sleep or feel peaceful, they'll hold it in their hand - in bed - and fall right asleep every time. :) I love that. That is all...

This is a great idea! We don't have small children anymore, our daughter is grown w/kids of her own, but I will tell her this for the grandkids.

Our daughter was always a great sleeper, right from birth. She slept the whole night through when she was only 2 or 3 days old & continued to sleep well always. But, the oldest granddaughter, aged 8, is a night owl. I think more because of conditioning though. When she was born, they were so thrilled & they stayed up all night long themselves, that they also kept her up & one of them was always holding her in their arms. 😁 She got use to that. Now, it's a bit of a hardship as she goes to school EARLY in the morning!
A good idea to use crystals!

oh how sweet! 😊 and, Ayram, I love the story of your son too. Perhaps your son, Ayram would be interested in more spiritual things that could also prove to be helpful to him. Such as meditation? He's at a good age to introduce him to this sort of thing. Also consider things like martial arts. Karate would be really good for him, as it teaches the students mindfulness.

My Tai Chi teacher had a student (adult) who taught a few Tai Chi moves to her classes each morning before their class started. That year, the teacher, parents & school noticed a huge difference in test scores in her class! All the kids improved greatly.

Another student had a daughter who ADHD, & in 5th grade she was very disruptive in class. They began to teach her Tai Chi & in time, she really improved so much they even lowered her daily medicines! So, martial arts are a great form of meditation that can work well with kids this age.

And Calayvie, this may be something that you can do withit your son when he's a bit older, too. ☺

Nice thread!

Ayram

This is a great idea! We don't have small children anymore, our daughter is grown w/kids of her own, but I will tell her this for the grandkids.

Our daughter was always a great sleeper, right from birth. She slept the whole night through when she was only 2 or 3 days old & continued to sleep well always. But, the oldest granddaughter, aged 8, is a night owl. I think more because of conditioning though. When she was born, they were so thrilled & they stayed up all night long themselves, that they also kept her up & one of them was always holding her in their arms. 😁 She got use to that. Now, it's a bit of a hardship as she goes to school EARLY in the morning!
A good idea to use crystals!

oh how sweet! 😊 and, Ayram, I love the story of your son too. Perhaps your son, Ayram would be interested in more spiritual things that could also prove to be helpful to him. Such as meditation? He's at a good age to introduce him to this sort of thing. Also consider things like martial arts. Karate would be really good for him, as it teaches the students mindfulness.

My Tai Chi teacher had a student (adult) who taught a few Tai Chi moves to her classes each morning before their class started. That year, the teacher, parents & school noticed a huge difference in test scores in her class! All the kids improved greatly.

Another student had a daughter who ADHD, & in 5th grade she was very disruptive in class. They began to teach her Tai Chi & in time, she really improved so much they even lowered her daily medicines! So, martial arts are a great form of meditation that can work well with kids this age.

And Calayvie, this may be something that you can do withit your son when he's a bit older, too. ☺

Nice thread!

Thank you for that! That's a fabulous idea. I really think he would love that! When he was really little I used to buy them picture books of higher quality. They were from our town's Unitarian Church's bookstore in fact. So many of them were about love and appreciation, equality, appreciating differences, vague spirituality (in a good way) and loving the Earth and mediation. One book was all about little tiny children meditating and it was so darned cute. He used to stare at those pages and then one day we all went to one of the local pumpkin farms in October where they have food, mazes, hay rides etc. He was about 4. I had a bunch of kids with me and they were all crawling through this one huge stack of multiple hay bales with tunnels underneath. After a while I couldn't find him and eventually I found him sitting on top of all the bales of hay under the bright, crisp blue sky in something of a lotus medication position with his hands in a mudra position (I had to look that word up right now - wasn't sure what you call it)! He was all zen up there it was kinda amazing! :) Thank you for not minding my verbosity. I hate it about myself but can't seem to stop it (and I type fast)!!

Ayram

I used to run school yoga retreats for thirteen/fourteen year olds.
We had amethyst and Quartz crystal as part of our sacred space and I explained that they are just like other special parts of the earth like waterfalls and beaches... Special ancient energies that calm us and soothe... They loved that - all 80 kids xx bless them all wherever they are now

God I'm such a bag of emotions lately! Seeing your comments made me almost tear up too! Those kids were in good hands with you it sounds like. :)