Books on crystals?

cardlady22

The first non-mineralogical book I bought was DJ Conway's Crystal Enchantments: A Complete Guide to Stones and Their Magical Properties. I prefer to buy used copies to keep costs down.

Another that I like is Henry M. Mason's The Seven Secrets of Crystal Talismans.

Neither of these is a how-to with lists of materials needed, etc. More like an inspiration point for you to incorporate with craft ideas.
ETA: My extended family subscribes to many different magazines & I'm always thumbing through them to see what sparks me for something that can be tweaked. :grin:

autumn star

Thanks for the suggestions bodhran & Cardlady22 - I will take a look at them now. They seem to fit with what I am looking for though :)

GreenMoonBeam

autumn star said:
Thanks for the suggestions bodhran & Cardlady22 - I will take a look at them now. They seem to fit with what I am looking for though :)

I've sent a pm that might be of interest to you :love:

Tippyjane

Bible or Encyclopedia?

I'm kind of new to crystals and am wondering which is better for general study: Judy Hall's Crystal Bible or her Encyclopedia? Thanks -

Redfaery

I'm kind of new to crystals and am wondering which is better for general study: Judy Hall's Crystal Bible or her Encyclopedia? Thanks -
I actually think Scott Cunningham's "Guide to Crystal, Stone, and Metal Magic" is the best place to start for an absolute beginner. Of Judy Hall's work, her Encyclopedia is the best starting place though.

Tippyjane

I actually think Scott Cunningham's "Guide to Crystal, Stone, and Metal Magic" is the best place to start for an absolute beginner. Of Judy Hall's work, her Encyclopedia is the best starting place though.

Thank you. I will check that one out. I also bought the Complete Guide to Crystal Astrology by Marina Costelloe and it is fascinating.

Edited to correct grammar