I am intrigued

Diana

Astraea: I think the Camoin web-site has just been updated. It was pretty dormant for some time.

The deck can be found in all good book-stores in Switzerland, and in France. But if you can order from Tarot Garden, as Phoenix suggested, that would probably be the best bet for Americans.

Mimers

It didnt come up in my search at Tarot Garden. I would much prefer to get it through them. (postage and time) I have to wait and see if my order went through at their website first. Don't know what I would do with 2 decks!

Astraea

Camoin Search

Phoenix and Diana, thank you for the information -- I had the same experience Mimers did, the deck didn't come up in a search at Tarot Garden. But if Jeannette told you that she has it, I'll contact her. Thank you. Mimers, I hope that you won't have to pay a high shipping fee, if your Camoin order did go through.

Phoenix

Yes, contact Jeannette from Tarot Garden. She will order it in for you if she already doesn't have one in stock. She has ordered me the Heron Marseille, and it is in stock.

jmd

Well.... what a pleasant thread indeed.

Just to clarify my personal views on various (reasonably easy to obtain and normally priced) Marseilles decks.

Firstly, I do not own all of those available (the Fournier being the most obvious omission from my collection, but I am familiar with it).

My three preferred decks are the Conver (for historical reasons), the Camoin (for minutia of details), and the Hadar (for its harmoniously beautiful rendition). The Fournier I would also have no hesitations in also recommending, as most others - there are only very few which I own or have seen which I would recommend avoiding (at least at first).

It's also pleasing to see my thread provided some reflections... :) Looking forward to numerous discussions as I deepen my personal investigations of the Marseille in this rich and diverse community... thanks everyone.

Mimers

Has anyone heard back from Tarot Garden yet as to wether or not they have the Camoin in stock?

I haven't heard back and am stalling on an order with the publisher, because it would be much more convienient for me to order from the states.

Mimi

Astraea

Tarot Garden

Mimers, I e-mailed Jeannette yesterday but have not heard back yet. I know she is super busy right now and might not have been able to get back to me -- but I've also been having a problem with my e-mail program, and might have missed something from her. I plan to e-mail her again tomorrow and will be sure and let you know what I find out about the Camoin. One way or another, we'll get that deck, LOL! :)

Astraea

Heard from Jeannette

Mimers, Jeannette e-mailed me today and said that she has so far not been able to get the Camoin and Jodorowsky deck, published by the House of Camoin. This is the particular deck that I want, and I believe (if I have understood your posts correctly) that it is also the one that you are looking for. Jeannette is researching the possibility of finding a distributor here in the US. If you want the deck right away, and if your purchase on the Camoin website went through, then ordering it directly from Camoin is probably your best bet at this point.

Camoin publishes a version of the Convers Marseilles deck, which is not the same thing as the Camoin-Jodorowsky deck, and that's where the confusion has been, in terms of web searches -- she has the Convers, but not the Camoin-Jodorowsky.