Rays of Joy

divinest

I was sent this by Llewellyn.com, and it was created by Barbara Moore. It has proved insightful on so many occasions, and I like doing the reading for people I know, especially if they're going through a tough time, and they need some positivity in their lives. Unfortunately, because the e-mail is quite old, I only have a photo of the copied out spread in my tarot spread journal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v713/divinest/09122008001.jpg

1) How do you define joy?

2) How does joy connect you to the divine or your Higher Self?

3) How do you express joy in your daily life?

4) How do you receive joy?

5) How do you give or share joy?

6) What gives you joy intellectually or how do you experience it intellectually?

7) What gives you joy creatively or spiritually or how do you experience it creatively or spiritually?

8) What gives you joy physically or how do you experience it physically?

9) What gives you joy emotionally or how do you experience it emotionally?

I couldn't find this in the list of spreads, so I hope that people will like it, and find it as uplifting and reassuring as I have.

Astraea Aurora

Hi divinest,

I remember seeing this spread in a newsletter from Llewellyn a couple of months ago. I really like it, especially for those melancholic weeks when I desperately need rays of joy and luck.

:thumbsup:

Astraea Aurora :grin:

divinest

*nods* That's right. It's the only one I HAVE had from them, which is odd, but I am so pleased with it. I did it for a friend of mine, and she's said that it was really insightful, and that it really cheered her up while she's working out what to do next with her life.

PNWtarot

I love the idea of this spread; I'll definitely try it :)

Guiding Cauldron

thanks fr sharing xx

WinterRose

I think I might give this one a try as well. Gods know, I need cheering up right now! Thanks for sharing, Di!

corrielle

This was a really lovely spread. Thank you for sharing it. I did it last night, and it was a nice break, a time to look at the things I have to be happy about in the midst of all of the finals I have to grade right now.

Also... a strange thing happened to me when I did this. I had thought about changing the directions just a little bit and choosing the first card that defines joy for me with the cards face up, but I decided against it, mostly because I thought I might learn something about myself by letting that card come up randomly. However, I came up with the Ten of Cups in that position, which was the card I probably would have chosen with them face up anyway. My deck KNOWS me.

divinest

That's brilliant to hear corrielle. It's a brilliantly uplifting spread, and when I'm feeling slightly better, I'll be doing the spread again myself (I've been ill with a throat infection for over two months, and have to stay indoors. I'm going barmy! :O Ah well, the internet is doing wonders, and I get to work on the Fool... :) )

As I said, I did this spread for a friend of mine, and she has said to me a number of times, that the cards that were pulled for her weren't cards she would have picked, but when she thought about it, really made sense. I'm just glad that one single spread has made her think THAT much, despite it being two or three months ago that I did the reading for her.