Tarot Flames!

blue_fusion

(not sure if this is actually more appropriate for Tarot Fun and Games)

So you're with friends, have nothing to do, and all of you are experiencing some existential anguish or another... in other words, a pyjama party! Then the best way to while away those boredom agonies is by that dated matching game so popular during the 90s: FLAMES! :D

I'm not sure if this is actually restricted to the Philippines, or this was also used in other countries. As a backgrounder, here's an article that summarizes how it's played: http://kidswereus.wordpress.com/2007/02/25/flames/

So F. L. A. M. E. S. stands for Friends, Lovers, Affair, Marriage, Engagement (or Engaged), and Soulmates. This is a modification of how the game is played. Think of someone you like, and see how you fare with her/him as a Friend/Lover/etc. Shuffle the cards, and create 6 columns with 2 cards each, a column corresponding to each letter in FLAMES. The top card in a column's the card that says something positive about you and the other person in terms of what the column stands for (for example, 3 of cups in the category, Marriage), and the bottom one's the factor that will go against the relationship.

Have fun discussing the (mostly nonexistent) contexts that tie you and your special someone.
-----

NOTE: This is in no way a serious spread. Just something to kill time when you're with people and you have nothing to do. I remember picking up our organization's log book back in college and seeing a list of FLAMES diagrams matching a friend with anyone, from another person to Brad Pitt, to Queen Elizabeth I to the word "happenstance." :D (or really, we probably were just a weird bunch of people)