Pros and Cons Thread #3 - Enabling and De-Enabling

RiverRunsDeep

But beware - if it cuts, it cuts really deep. So the pro is that it gives really spot-on readings, and the con is that it gives really spot-on readings. I personally felt like my Achilles' tendon was slashed a couple of times.

Yep, this is a perfect summary of Deviant Moon.

Not necessarily a "dark" deck, but I do feel that it pierces deeply into the territory of emotions, sadness, and heartbreak. For self readings, I find this to be an incredibly accurate deck. Deviant Moon doesn't allow me to stick my head in the sand; it consistently and relentlessly tells me what I NEED to hear, rather than what I WANT to hear. As delinfrey stated, this could be a pro OR a con, depending on how you are prepared to accept the messages of the cards.

baconwaffles

Hello all, could someone please enable or de-enable me from the Isis tarot de marseille. I am actually debating between this one the tarot del fuego by ricardo cavolo. Ah! Decisions! Help!

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Michellehihi

Hello all, could someone please enable or de-enable me from the Isis tarot de marseille. I am actually debating between this one the tarot del fuego by ricardo cavolo. Ah! Decisions! Help!

Since I am selling it, you could think I am biased. But I can say that it is extremely lively and expressive. But I will just copy what a friend wrote me lately about this deck ( which almost gave me the idea of keeping it hahaha!):

Some of the best new decks are coming out of Japan and Taiwan these days. A couple of years ago a professor in the Quantum Physics Dept of the University of Tokyo designed the most beautiful Marseilles-style deck I have seen. The colours and facial expressions are exquisite. Unfortunately he named it the ISIS Tarot. The letters must stand for words that mean something spiritual in Japanese.

baconwaffles

Since I am selling it, you could think I am biased. But I can say that it is extremely lively and expressive. But I will just copy what a friend wrote me lately about this deck ( which almost gave me the idea of keeping it hahaha!):

I know, the eyes! I keep thinking about the eyes and the colors! Why I am holding back I don't know. This one could potentially replace my camoin-jodorowsky.

Aeric

The ISIS deck is for The Institute for Study of Initiation and Symbolism.

Tamipie1

I want to be enabled

All I want for Christmas,Tarot of the Delphi. That's it. Are my expectations too high?

Padma

Tarot of Delphi

All I want for Christmas,Tarot of the Delphi. That's it. Are my expectations too high?

Beautiful deck - no regrets. It is very well curated, the booklet is helpful, and the images really stir the subconscious in a gentle but honest way. It's also lovely to flip through, even just as a mini art museum :)

It works well either as a traditional reading deck, or as an intuitive reading deck.

It has a slightly detached feeling to it as well, lending intellect to intuition for a balanced viewpoint. I don't think your expectations of it are too high. I love mine! Also, a slightly glossy (but not too much) yet firm cardstock. And a nice box. :)

delinfrey

But alas, how could one get hold of a copy of Tarot of Delphi? It seems to be unavailable everywhere :(

Padma

But alas, how could one get hold of a copy of Tarot of Delphi? It seems to be unavailable everywhere :(

Some one might have one for sale here? It could happen!

Also I believe I heard rumours that it might come out mass market at some point?

Le Fanu

Beautiful deck - no regrets. It is very well curated, the booklet is helpful, and the images really stir the subconscious in a gentle but honest way. It's also lovely to flip through, even just as a mini art museum :)

It works well either as a traditional reading deck, or as an intuitive reading deck.

It has a slightly detached feeling to it as well, lending intellect to intuition for a balanced viewpoint. I don't think your expectations of it are too high. I love mine! Also, a slightly glossy (but not too much) yet firm cardstock. And a nice box. :)
Padma says it all, really. I would also add that what sets this apart is that it isn't a collage deck as "art museum" decks tend to be. So no odd foreshortening or *off* lighting or slightly too abrupt outlines. The artist has very cleverly chosen details in artwork that really do speak the language of tarot - and not changed them. In this it is unrivalled. I think this deck is incredibly cleverly done. You can tell this is a person who loves and knows art and loves and knows tarot. Nothing about it is contrived. And it is - at the same time - so delicate and, as Padma says, a little detached.

I love it unreservedly. I have no "cons" at all. It succeeds in every way for me as to what an artistic tarot deck should be.