After Tarot by Lo Scarabeo

rylla

I just want to praise the book; it's written in a no-nonsense, up to the point style. She explains the symbology of each card very well - which is a great way to understand the meaning of the cards - I just wish I had this book when I started learning the tarot (that doesn't mean I haven't enjoy reading it now).

rwcarter

Interesting. I pre-ordered the kit from Amazon and have an estimated delivery date of 2/14-18. A friend told me this morning that she picked up a kit in a Southern California Barnes & Noble this week. But bn.com shows a pre-order with available date of 2/8.
Just got an updated estimated shipping date from Amazon of 1/12-14.

decan

I ordered the "After Tarot"; actually it was destroyed in the handling postal, but another copy will be sent :)

I planed to use it not solely, but in association with the "Universal Waite", to develop the classical meanings.
What is depicted in the "After Tarot" can be a possible next (maybe the most obvious) for each of the cards, but not the only possible continuation, nevertheless the cards stress meanings or offer an openess or a smile; actually the gnome in the Page of Pentacles is quite unconventional and curious, therefore maybe he is there to say: "is there something around (from the meadow) that could appear suddenly?" :)

rwcarter

Just got an updated estimated shipping date from Amazon of 1/12-14.
And it arrived today. As I've already seen my friend's set, I just have to make sure all the cards are there.

magicjack

And it arrived today. As I've already seen my friend's set, I just have to make sure all the cards are there.

So what do you think? Dislike? Like? Interesting? Don't know what to think? Just curious what others first impressions are.

rwcarter

So what do you think? Dislike? Like? Interesting? Don't know what to think? Just curious what others first impressions are.
I like it. There are a few headscratcher cards that I don't get. I remember looking one of them up in the book (although now I don't remember which one) and the write-up made sense of the image.

Not sure I'll ever use the deck by itself, but I could see using it in conjunction with another deck in the outcome position or in any type of options spread where if you take this option (with the primary deck), then this will happen (with the After Tarot).

Haven't read the book in any depth to be able to discuss that though.

Rodney

decan

My After Tarot arrived finally!
It is just the deck, not the set, and I recognize that I didn't read the LWB yet.
I like the artwork, nice and clean, I like the back too. I am not disappointed, it a deck of good quality!
I will probably use it in association with another deck like I planned!

rwcarter

I combined the After Tarot with the Lo Scarabeo PCS Commemorative into a double deck and did three readings for a friend yesterday. Strangely enough almost every time I cut the cards to shuffle, I cut to an After Tarot card. Same thing happened to my friend when she cut the deck multiple times to select her cards.

The combined deck gave some good readings and in one of them the same card came from each deck. It's the card she associates with her husband and it made sense to her that card would appear twice in the reading with the different interpretations it had.

I wildly disagree with the description of the 2C in the Afterthoughts (brilliant title BTW) companion book. That doesn't not look like an embrace to me. It looks more like he's consoling her and she's crying on his shoulder. My friend thought it looked like her falling asleep on his shoulder.

Rodney

bogiesan

I think you will like it

I searched and searched and did not find this thread so I have posted a mini-opinion elsewhere. What I love about this deck is that whoever you're reading for will not have any idea what's going on. They don't know what was happening a few moments before on the original W-S images. They don't know these images are in a different space time continuum than Pamela and Edward are/were sitting in. So I get to chuckle at the visual jokes, smile at the juxtapositions, and ponder the more disturbing or violent images as I compare these cards, in my head, with the originals. That's what I enjoy about the New Vision deck, too. I see it in direct comparison and opposition to the original. My, umm, guest doesn't possess my visual vocabulary, my memory, and my deep affection for Smith's 100-year-old paintings. To them, it's all new, "What interesting pictures!"
I don't much like the sickly green cast. I believe the artists used far more lively colors. But the publisher insisted on an homage to the centennial PCS; unfortunately, it is only an affectation. Ms Kenner's book (with the boxed set) is a fun read but she also goes over the top admonishing owners to protect the deck at all costs from direct sunlight (or reflected sunlight from the moon) and to never do readings under the Sun or Moon because this will somehow contaminate or diminish the magical properties of these cards. They look and feel like regular tarot cards to me. Perhaps I got a bad box or the magic had all leaked out while it was sitting on the shelf at Barnes and Nobel. Good thing I've still got the receipt.

elfieglobe

Hello everyone, I also have AFTER TAROT as my first tarot deck which I really love it. I got this from my sister who almost gave it away to someone else, but I snatched it before that person did.

Anyway, my AFTER TAROT didn't come by the kit, it was just a deck with a small white booklet coming along, that booklet only described the details and the meanings of the cards are based on your own thinking and knowledge of the Tarot, which sometimes could be quite difficult to read.

I really like the art, the back of the cards, the quality of the paper. I really like the deck :)

Of course, it depends on the people to love or hate on the deck, but to me is loving it and looking forward to use it more :)