Greenie on eBay

gregory

It's not the sellers' fault, either. I have one that is so green that when I sent a card to dear Leffy to fill a gap in his greenie, he said it stuck out like a sore thumb. They are SO variable, as you say.

I would kill (maybe) for a Tower and Ace discs as green as the rest of my greenest deck (it arrived missing a Tower - yes the embarrassed seller refunded some of my money and would have taken it back - but it is so WONDERFULLY green I decided against !) - and so I gave Leffy the Ace...) Every now and again I buy another in the hope that... So far - no dice. EXCEPT that my four language one comes fairly close.

The Happy Squirrel

There is one seller with what *looks* like very green cards, their photos are the clearest of all sellers currently listing similar decks. But the asking price is just way too much for a deck without box and without LWB.

Some others might as well be selling just the boxes as they photographed the boxes and their markings to death without any pics of the cards themselves!

DownUnderNZer

Dang! :bugeyed:

Now I have to see what color my Thoth deck is - mind you, I bought it in the early
2000s whilst in the USA and only blinked at it a few times. Box was destroyed in Japan, so for years it's been wrapped in cloth.

Not used, but loved the art.

Now...have to see what color deck I have.

The Happy Squirrel

US based sellers seem to be asking for a LOT more for these. I may be wrong. But this is the general impression that I have.

Note that someone here recently (earlier in June I think?) bought theirs on eBay for GBP 12 and sounds and looks like that deck is in a great condition.

I obtained mine for $30 recently as well. Deck in great condition with the appropriate edition box and LWB.

The Happy Squirrel

I wonder about the colour palette you see as well. As commented further up, the range of green-ness possible is large. I have one that is heavily green and another that is sort of a light wash of green. Trouble with eBay is you get the colour tones of their camera or scanner, the tones eBay uses, your own monitor. argh.

Yep. So it can a bit of an expensive crap shoot if we aren't strict with our purchase price boundaries.

Chronata

I had a ridiculous green copy...so green, it was like reading underwater.
Some lucky person bought it from me here.

When I actually replaced it, with a regular copy I was amazed at the awesome bright colors that a Thoth has. I honestly had no idea what it was supposed to be...because the green was all that I was used to.

In some ways, I kinda miss reading with it.

Emily

When I actually replaced it, with a regular copy I was amazed at the awesome bright colors that a Thoth has. I honestly had no idea what it was supposed to be...because the green was all that I was used to.

I was like that with mine too - I got to look through it in the second-hand shop and although I'd seen copies of the Thoth online I'd never seen one in the hand and the first thing I noticed was the lack of Kings but I'd counted and got the right amount of cards and then the green colour hit me - it didn't look anything like the Thoth's I'd seen online, even the box was different so I bought it more out of curiosity than anything else. I still think it was a lucky find. :)

The Happy Squirrel

The 'normal' edition has very crisp and amazing colours. The first time I saw them was 'meh'. Then I saw them trimmed. Suddenly I saw them in a new light completely. I am definitely trimming mine. I think the Greenies provide a nicer blend between border design and centre piece artwork. But for the artwork themselves, they are much better in the new edition I found.

The Happy Squirrel

I just got from eBay a green box large deck with "greenie" cards - green font, no white borders on the backs - in mint condition for 24 $

Figured I can't really afford spending around 50$ more just for the white box!

Now THAT is a *reasonable* price.

:)

The Happy Squirrel

Also note that some of the borders in this green phase is very blotchy.