The Beginning is the End is the Beginning

KMilliron

The Beginning is the End is the Beginning by Smashing Pumpkins
>>Lyrics Here<<

This is another request, and when I saw "Smashing Pumpkins" my first though was "research," becuase the vocals of this band (Billy Corgan) is one of the musicians I really admire. He THINKS about the music, and doesn't just write it. The music itself is amazing, but when given the right background information, his music becomes a masterpiece.

In this case, there is quite a bit of background information. To sum it up, while the song was featured on the The Watchmen trailer, Billy wrote the original, faster version of the song "The End is the Beginning is The End" about Batman. Watchmen and Batman are darker themed comic heroes, both being vigilantes. I don't have as much experience with The Watchmen, but Batman (Billy wrote specifically about the 40's Batman who was even darker than modern Batman) is particularly brooding and ruthless.

Both sets of heroes act this way out of the negative things they see in society, although this negativity is also reflected in themselves, and this is the idea Billy Corgan tried to convey.​

Card One- Your negative aspects
"Time has stopped before us. The sky cannot ignore us. No one can separate us, for we are all that is left"
This card reflects the negative aspects you are feeling, and what has you feeling down at this point in time.

Card Two- How you view the world
"Delivered from the blast, The last of a line of lasts, The pale princess of a palace cracked"
Not how you view the world, necessarily, but your surroundings.

Card Three- How this world is reflected in you
"And now the kingdom comes Crashing down undone And I am a master of a nothing place Of recoil and grace"
How everything in this world reflects in you. The negativity we experience becomes reflected in us. If you don't quite follow think of the phrase "Hurt people hurt people"

That's part one. Notice the circle. No end, no beginning. Now comes the part of the spread meant to help you.

Card Four- Result of the cycle.
" And in your darkest hour, I hold secrets flame. We can watch the world devoured in its pain"
What will happen to you in the long run should this cycle continue.

Card Five- How to break the cycle
"Is it bright where you are? And have the people changed? Does it make you happy you're so strange?"

Layout
*1*2*3*
**4*5**

Questions and comments always welcome ^-^
The card's advice to best break the negative cycle in your life.

Glass Owl

Thanks so much for this intense, self-exploratory spread. I can't wait to try it out with my Ludy Lescot deck when it is dark outside and the room is lit by candlelight. As it was pointed out by someone in the Ludy Lescot deck thread, one of the Latin phrases on the card backs is "Everything which has a beginning must also have an end."

KMilliron

Thanks so much for this intense, self-exploratory spread. I can't wait to try it out with my Ludy Lescot deck when it is dark outside and the room is lit by candlelight. As it was pointed out by someone in the Ludy Lescot deck thread, one of the Latin phrases on the card backs is "Everything which has a beginning must also have an end."

I think I may offer readings with this spread on Halloween. :D I love giving free readings on Halloween.

Glass Owl

I think I may offer readings with this spread on Halloween. :D I love giving free readings on Halloween.
Oh, I think this would be so cool. I think it is a very fitting spread for Halloween.