What Cards Have You Had For Certain Events?

Pique Dame

Here's a funny one I had to share: last night I was drinking wine at my friends' house and one of them asked me to do some readings for her. Her husband is a skeptic and decidedly anti-tarot so he came over to the table and, um, passed some wind at the cards and said, "Ask them what that smells like!" I decided to play along so I pulled a card for it: Death. My friend and I laughed for several minutes straight. I love that the cards have a sense of humor!

elena_jaymz

10 Swords + 6 Cups --> feeling betrayed by a friend

Inviato dal mio ALE-L21 utilizzando Tapatalk

mercuryempress

7 of swords- stealing time for myself
I always get this card when I'm avoiding others and usually I am literally sneaking away( with my deck of course) to get some me time.

elena_jaymz

Knight of Wands + King of Pentacles + Queen of Pentacles --> I had this combo to tell me a friend of mine found a girlfriend (so the both pentacles King and Queen matching) and they're having sex or anyway enjoying the sexual side of their new relationship.

celticnoodle

The funniest one I had was the 10 of swords that I pulled for my next day. The next day, I had an appointment with my allergist and they had put about 40 small little needles into my back. :D

And, my husband almost always shows up as the Magician when I do readings for myself.

eta: and once when I was asking what I needed to concentrate on for my spiritual path--(my sister did the reading for me), I got the Hermit card. It made perfect sense as I had purchased some meditation cds and many books on various spiritual things--shamanism, dreaming, etc. :laugh:

Absynthe

The Lovers - more than two people involved in a relationship. Typically the third one is a secret or unknown factor. Had this multiple times with different people.

Page Of Pentacles - meaning focus. The page is focusing on the pent, it's the object of attention.

Knight Of Swords - dive right in, don't overthink it.

Page Of Swords - jumping to conclusions

Seven Of Swords - avoiding responsibility

KnightOfTheCosmos

I really like this thread!:D

5 of Pentacles: Depression and needing to ask for help (I always get this card when my depression is getting very bad and I'm isolating myself)
The Devil: dealing with substance users
9 of Cups: getting something I want with strings attached
The Star: hoping for something but never getting it in the end
7 of swords: me being a lone wolf
2 of Cups: the need to focus on myself and my emotional wellbeing and reconnecting with a high school friend (I have never gotten this card to signify romance)
4 of Cups: isolating myself and not seeing the world around me
The World: literally indicated the people I surrounded myself with at the time
Ace of Cups: Crying and letting out my emotions
6 of Cups: My childhood trauma
King of Wands: I'm being a control freak
The Tower: me telling my family the truth about something that broke our foundation
Temperance: the need for integration of different areas in my life

That's all I can come up with for now!

Enlightenment23

Here's a funny one I had to share: last night I was drinking wine at my friends' house and one of them asked me to do some readings for her. Her husband is a skeptic and decidedly anti-tarot so he came over to the table and, um, passed some wind at the cards and said, "Ask them what that smells like!" I decided to play along so I pulled a card for it: Death. My friend and I laughed for several minutes straight. I love that the cards have a sense of humor!

Ahahahahahaha! :laugh: Thank you so much for the much needed laugh Pique. That was absolutely hilarious.

I love this thread, and though I've posted some before, I've got some that have popped up for me recently.

8 of Wands Reversed - Me getting totally jealous after seeing a friend of mine all loved up with a woman on social media.

3 of Wands Reversed - Waiting, and waiting, and waiting for a reply, but realizing that I will never really get it.

King of Cups Rx Represented why my friend didn't want to date a guy who was interested her, she said he was a little too "soft" and "unmanly" for her tastes.

Hanged Man A party that never really "turned up." It sort of stagnated and everyone was just hanging around, but not having fun.

Page of Swords: A preteen cousin of mine who has the smartest little mouth! A total smartass she is.

7 of Wands Rx: A man feeling overwhelmed by the competition of other men pursuing a woman he loved.

The Magician A woman who has surgically enhanced - er - assets. This card also comes up as using filters on Instagram, photoshopping, and face-altering makeup.

8 of Swords Someone in denial about the truth because opening his eyes to reality would hurt too much.

LoveLight&Peace

7 of Swords - a unique marriage proposal

Marsy

Hierophant An authoritive figure like your boss who's rules and guidelines will not be challenged.