Tarot in Film

danieljuk

how can we forget the lovely Solitaire (Jane Seymour) in Live and Let Die who tarot reads what is happening in the James Bond Film. She predicts "Death" but then Bond makes her pick "The Lovers" for him (the deck only has Lovers cards for a forced outcome :D ).

The tarot used is a special prop version of the Tarot of the Witches cards by Fergus Hall. The Deck has historic huge debate on AT as being ugly to quirky depending on your view of it.

Holly doll

how can we forget the lovely Solitaire (Jane Seymour) in Live and Let Die who tarot reads what is happening in the James Bond Film. She predicts "Death" but then Bond makes her pick "The Lovers" for him (the deck only has Lovers cards for a forced outcome :D ).

The tarot used is a special prop version of the Tarot of the Witches cards by Fergus Hall. The Deck has historic huge debate on AT as being ugly to quirky depending on your view of it.

That's right!!! I totally forgot, but once I read the post it all came back :D I'm ambivalent about that deck...probably from seeing it that movie :neutral:
Bond is such a pain in the arse, so oily he could slide up a hill })

JMI_Tarot

Great! Here's a link to Bond meeting Solitaire:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUlR5ph7CC8

Oh and another:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GRn3xDhLup8

There was a fair bit of Tarot in that film!

JMI_Tarot

Somewhere in the series of 'Penny Dreadful' - :)

(you can buy the TV series Tarot deck. I thought they were dreadful. :joke: - but maybe "quirky" is better.).

That's funny! You can actually buy the TV Series Tarot deck? Might be a collector's item of sorts.