Overwhelming Majorities, specifically Court Cards?

Julian Jaymes

OK, so I just did a reading and it got me thinking...What does it mean when there is an OVERWHELMING majority of Cups, or Majors, or Sixes, etc? And what about Court cards?

I know the popular rule that "mostly Majors means that it's to do with fate, mostly Minors means it's in your control." I know that you can use numerology with a spread if you got a lot of Aces, Sixes, Tens, etc. I know that an overwhelming majority of Cups can mean that you need to look at your emotions, and so on with the other elements.

What if, however, it's mostly Court cards? I just did a reading and 6 out of 7 cards were Courts. Like, wtf, I don't even know what the odds are.

But yeah, I'm just curious about the pattern. Not my specific spread - I need to sit with it for a while and maybe post it in Readings - but just generally, what do you think about significant majorities of some certain *kind* of card?

~JJ

Barleywine

There are a number of ways to approach this. A large number of one suit can show where most of the action is or, conversely, complete lack of a suit could reveal either (a) where you have to pay especially close attention to what's missing or (b) where you don't need to pay much attention since there's nothing happening in that area of life. (I see a similarity here to "empty houses" in astrology.) The context of the question and the querent's reaction will have a lot to say about which it is.

I've seen a large number court cards as reflecting a "crowded house," figuratively speaking: many human interactions to contend with. If you see court cards as mainly personal qualities or characteristics, it could show a highly conflicted state of mind about the situation.

A large number of trump cards usually tells me that "big things are afoot," significant external energies or forces entering the matter that can neither be avoided nor fully deflected, leaving adaptation or adjustment as the only effective course of action. Being "bulldozed" by circumstances (or "fate") might be the best way to put it.

EmpyreanKnight

What if, however, it's mostly Court cards? I just did a reading and 6 out of 7 cards were Courts. Like, wtf, I don't even know what the odds are.

I think the odds for that is around 5320 to 1.

rwcarter

I did a reading once for someone about their love life. The large majority of cards were courts. I interpreted the individual cards as energies, but when I did the overview, I interpreted the presence of so many courts to represent too many other people involved, which was true in that particular case.

A predominance of Cups could point to emotions and feelings; a predominance of Wands could point to fiery emotions, energy, enthusiasm, etc.; a predominance of Swords could point to thoughts or conflict or communication; a predominance of Pentacles could point to material concerns, the body, health, the building of a strong foundation, etc.