Do you have a "ritual" that u do before a reading?

Sweetwings

In the book it mentions that you should meditate, earth, center and connect..i was just wondering if anyone does this or if you have a different "ritual" that you like to do before a reading?

I am new to this, so I dont really have a "ritual" that feels right that I do before yet...

lunar_rabbit

I've tried to be all official and ritual-y, with candles and incense and all that. But my faeries seem to get impatient with me. It all started when I first got the deck and tried to cleanse it with reiki energy, and they didn't want it. LOL.

So, no. I just take them out of their special box and pretty much say "Hi Faeries!" then let briefly ground and connect and then start shuffling. :)

Tsukiyono

lunar_rabbit said:
So, no. I just take them out of their special box and pretty much say "Hi Faeries!" then let briefly ground and connect and then start shuffling. :)

LOL! I do the same thing! :D

FaeryGodmother

I find that the act of shuffling actually does all those things (earth, center and connect) for me. With me, the act of shuffling is quite medative (is that a word?). Sometimes I can just sit there and shuffle to calm myself down without ever drawing a card.

When it comes to reading for others though, I find it best just to be aware of my energy and whats happening with it. Basically thats just a matter of being aware of whats going on in your tummy. Sometimes it feels all tight and almost butterflyish so I just relax and breathe till that knotty tight feeling goes away and evrything feels like its flowing.

love
FGM

SunChariot

I have set rituals that I do with all my decks except this one. It just seems to me to be a deck that is meant to be fun and spontaneous.

I usually read my other decks, with my scented candle lit(and all teh other rituals that need to be in place first) sitting upright at my Tarot table...

With this deck, I seem to just do whatever feels fun and right at the moment. It's my fun deck. The faeries and I like to play and do whatever feels fun at the moment. :) Last time I was lying on my back in bed holding the cards over my head. LOL I probably should mention that I only read for myself.

I don't even think I will likely do the same thing twice with them. Don't want them to get bored. :) I think they like spontaenaity and seem to be trying to encourage that in me, which I know is something I need in my life. LOL

Bar

SunChariot

FaeryGodmother said:
I find that the act of shuffling actually does all those things (earth, center and connect) for me. With me, the act of shuffling is quite medative (is that a word?). Sometimes I can just sit there and shuffle to calm myself down without ever drawing a card.

When it comes to reading for others though, I find it best just to be aware of my energy and whats happening with it. Basically thats just a matter of being aware of whats going on in your tummy. Sometimes it feels all tight and almost butterflyish so I just relax and breathe till that knotty tight feeling goes away and evrything feels like its flowing.

love
FGM

I am pretty sure meditative is a word. :)

I know what you mean about being aware of what's going on in your tummy though. Usually, for me, when I start to feel that something is not feeling right there I take it as a sign from the faeries that they are warning me I may be about to head off in a wrong direction. Then I think it over and readjust where necessary.

Bar

inanna_tarot

I bought the delightful oracle (my first one!) the other week and have been loving the Fae ever since!
The only readings i've done with it so far are one-card daily draws, and when I use them i shuffle and ask the fae to help me find a card, and mostly every time I say that it ends up being some cheesy rhyme which I think they enjoy lol.
ie I ask the fae to help me find, a card to give me peace of mind, delight me faeries with your insight, so that my heart be filled with light..
or something just as cheesey. That and the giggle as I shuffle.

Its odd, I never thought of myself as a faery person, but obviously I am lol.

Blessings
Sezo

SunChariot

inanna_tarot said:
Its odd, I never thought of myself as a faery person, but obviously I am lol.

Blessings
Sezo

Me too, I never thought I could be a faery person or that they could actually exist, but since this deck there they are and there's no denying it. :) And they do me so much good in my life. :) Couldn't be gladder I met them.

We have a country house weekends for the rest of this month. I am definitely taking them to the country this weekend. They've never been with me yet but I am sure they will love it. :)

Bar

mike gorth

I open up my crown chakra, summon my energy to my hands and then shuffle and concentrate on the matter. I always wash my hands before it too.

SunChariot

mike gorth said:
I open up my crown chakra, summon my energy to my hands and then shuffle and concentrate on the matter. I always wash my hands before it too.

Me too, I always wash my hands right before I will touch any of my decks.