Finding out what is behind the 3 of Swords!

mynathan

I just thought I'd share this, in case it's helpful to anyone else. I kept getting the 3 of Swords as what a person wanted from me, so I created this spread to gain more insight on the specifics of what this 3 of swords represents in this case. I've attached a document that shows the spread, but I'll describe it here as well. You use the 3 of Swords at the center. Cards 1-3 are fanned above the 3 of swords, then card 4, which represents the heart, crosses the 3 of Swords. Finally, cards 5-7 fan out below the center two cards. The 3 of Swords is more of the more interesting cards in my opinion, because of the way in which a person's thoughts and emotions converge. Cards 1, 2, and 3 represent the "swords"-- or the thoughts, concerns about right and wrong, stresses and problems weighing the mind, and so forth. Card 4 represents the "heart" of the issue. It's often said that the 3 of swords represents a sort of emotional release, because whatever has been in the background or denied is finally faced, whatever has been unspoken is finally said, whatever is hurting a person is finally acknowledged and embraced, and so forth. Some say that when the swords stab the heart, blood, water, or poison may drip out. The final three cards of this spread represent what drips from this stabbed heart. It might be an outcome or realization or some other result... Here is the layout, but you can see it better by viewing the attachment. Please let me know if any of you find this spread useful! :)

1_________________2____________________3

_________________3 of Swords_________________
__________________4 (crossing 3 of swords)___________

___5________________6________________7_____________

Attachments

• 3 of Swords Spread.doc
    29 KB · Views: 160

Zelmira

This spread looks very interesting indeed. Sometimes the 3 of swords appears in positions that are not related to emotions and it is difficult to explain the meaning. This spread could be used for clarification in such instances. Personally, I think it would be useful to have individual spreads to clarify many cards that sometimes are difficult to interpret within certain context. Congratulations on your creation. I will put it in my journal. Thank you for sharing. Peace,
Zelmira

JONIKA

that's a very interesting spread, indeed. :)