Help! How do I get a *good* chart interpretation?

Aerin

Hello folks. I've been marginally interested in astrology for some time, yet not so interested that I have the time or inclination to learn everything I would need to know to interpret a birth chart. For example, I have the KISS Astrology book and also Susan Miller's Planets and Possibilities and that's as far as I have gone.

The trouble is, I have my chart but when I've tried to get an interpretation in the past I've just got one of those computer printout jobs that seems to contradict itself every paragraph or so. As far as I can tell, all it is is a list of each individual planet/ aspect/ whatever is on my chart, and as I understand it you are meant to look at the whole and not just the bits. It strikes me that otherwise it is like just listing the book interpretation of individual tarot cards in a spread and making no attempt to tell a story. The twice I have tried, I got identical words and phrases so... spot the person using a computer program and not engaging brain.

I live in the UK. Can anyone recommend someone who inteprets charts properly? And about how much it would cost - I may decide against it if it is a huge amount? I don't want to risk another computer generated blurb, it's just boring and a waste of money.

Aerin

ps I'm Aquarius with Libra rising. See, I found out this much!

Minderwiz

Aerin,

You are quite right in your comments on computer generated charts - they are constructed using pre-written paragraphs that are cobbled together, something like legal contracts on word processors.

In terms of a professional reading, much depends on what you are looking for. Prices range from around £50 to £300 depending on the work that needs to be done and in a real sense you pay for what you get. If you are interested in a professional reading I would suggest that you think through the aspects of your life that you particularly want to have covered or particular questions that you want answering.

Its rather like going to a Tarot reader, if you simply sit down and say 'give me a general reading' and then say nothing else, the reader is struggling. They can come up with a reading and it will probably be fair. However they won't really tell you what you want to know. If you say, 'I'm having this problem at work (including description) what should I do?' then the reader has much more to work on and can go through a detailed reading for you.

Even at a low level though, what you will get is a more integrated reading. At a higher level you will get so much more. If you have a specific issue or area in mind then let me know.

Aerin

Aaaaa... thanks, that's extremely informative Minderwiz. Something tells me £300 is a bit out of my league...

The thing that triggered this off for me again was reading in the thread about whether Tarot readers have to be psychic was that you could see this from the birth chart. I thought 'oh?'

What I'm really interested in is my potential for development. I have a high 'learning' value, and over time I find myself moving into different things and just getting more and more. However, I'm feeling the need to focus and I've been thinking things like a) what I have the most potential to develop b) what will come easy/ hard and c) (very very key to me) what will make the most difference in enabling my true expression of myself and others through my life.

I haven't asked the questions using Tarot, interestingly.

Aerin

Minderwiz

Aerin,

Can you give me your birth details mm:hh, dd/mm/yyyy

and place of birth.

I'll take a quick peek and see if I can see anything interesting.

Aerin

Minderwiz said:
Aerin,

Can you give me your birth details mm:hh, dd/mm/yyyy

and place of birth.

I'll take a quick peek and see if I can see anything interesting.

Thank you, that's very kind.

29th January 1962 at 12.15 am in Wallasey, Cheshire, UK

Aerin x

Minderwiz

Thanks Aerin,

Bear in mind that it will have a look and get back to you.

isthmus nekoi

Aerin,

In case you were interested about your natal chart in general, I have heard good things about the readings at http://www.astro.com - they are not too expensive, I think and are written by some of the world's top astrologers although they might be computer generated? There are samples on the site of famous ppl like Bill Gates etc if you are curious.

Aerin

Minderwiz said:
Thanks Aerin,

Bear in mind that it will have a look and get back to you.

Thank you.

Can I get you a Tarot reading in return? I have the new Tarot of Prague, if that is of interest... oh, and a heap of other decks inc. the Fey.

isthmus - thanks. I'll take a look. This computer generated thing gets to me though, it gives me completely opposite character traits (can't remember an example, I got grumpy and threw the stupid things away but it really was contradictory and unhelpful).

Aerin

Moongold

Astrodienst (Astro.com)

Aerin,

Minderwiz' s advice is excellent. I began to learn a little about astrology here at the end of last year, and a few months ago decided to have a consultation with a local astrologer. It was excellent, but enhanced by the fact that I already had a little understanding.

I progressed with my own learning but just recently had two more readings at www.astro.com. The first was the Psychological Horoscope prepared on the work of Liz Greene, one of the worlds's pre-eminent Jungian astrologers. She co-designed the Mythic tarot with Juliet Sharman- Burke in the 1980's.

This reading was very impressive indeed but I appreciated it much more because I already knew quite abit. A person completely new to astrology might not get so much out of it. The reading actually moved me to tears and I have since validated some of it with Tarot readings

The next reading was the Horoscope 2003 to 2008 and I am still considering this. Again, it is written by Liz Greene. Both readings have been worth the cost and do not regurgitate observations in the same way as some personal software packages.

You've asked Minderwiz a specific question, and it will be interested to see what his response is. If you're like me, it will only whet your appetite for more :)

Aerin

Re: Astrodienst (Astro.com)

Moongold said:

You've asked Minderwiz a specific question, and it will be interested to see what his response is. If you're like me, it will only whet your appetite for more :)

Aaaargh! Another thing to learn :D :D

Thanks for the follow up tarot.com info, sounds better than what I have had before.

Aerin