The Antiquarian Lenormand

ladybird

A few more

Here are a few more...

and some info about the images themselves...

The Rider card is Man O' War with jockey in 1920 during a morning workout.

The House is a 19th century architectural design plate of Willis Bristol's residence in New Haven, Conn.

The Coffin is the famous image of the King Tut Sarcophagus discovery by Howard Carter in 1922.

The Child is Albert Einstein at the age of 3 in 1882. Doesn't he look old for his age? I had to use Einstein here since I used him in the Gentleman card. :)

Attachments

• 1.Rider4web.jpg
    1.Rider4web.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 197
  • 4.House4web.jpg
    4.House4web.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 8.Coffin4web.jpg
    8.Coffin4web.jpg
    203.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 13.Child4web.jpg
    13.Child4web.jpg
    225.3 KB · Views: 194
  • 18.Dog4web.jpg
    18.Dog4web.jpg
    169.9 KB · Views: 204

baylys

Please tell me you are going to publish these cards. They are absolutely gorgeous.

jcwirish

What a great deck! Fantastic job. I hope you'll be selling this!!

ladybird

Thank you! :)

Yes, my plan is to self-publish. I have a local printer in mind but I'm not sure how many decks I will print out. I'll eventually meet up with them and get estimates. I want to print these border-less if possible, with two sizes: tarot size and a mini Lenormand size. I want to have both sizes to use in my readings.

I'll post one image now and come back to post more later. I have to go to the airport. :)

Attachments

• 14.Fox4web.jpg
    14.Fox4web.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 229

toj

I love the look of this Lenormand...

Laura Borealis

Are you open to any umm... somewhat negative feedback? I realize you haven't asked for critique. I've loved them all up till now, but the fox is worrisome to me.

MoonGypsy

Honestly, i never would have known it was a fox...beautiful though, truly!

i have loved all the images so far, also...and that is also a lovely 'image', but fox?

Is that really a fox? i am a little confoozled...

A black fox with a white tipped tail? i would love to know more about it.

But, once again, i am really loving this Lenormand in every other way...i look forward to it's completion...

ladybird

Are you open to any umm... somewhat negative feedback? I realize you haven't asked for critique. I've loved them all up till now, but the fox is worrisome to me.

Yes, please tell me what you think of the fox. Is the color of him throwing you off? I'm totally open to critique and making some changes. I liked the image of the black fox but I wondered if the woman holding him might not work.

ladybird

Honestly, i never would have known it was a fox...beautiful though, truly!

i have loved all the images so far, also...and that is also a lovely 'image', but fox?

Is that really a fox? i am a little confoozled...

A black fox with a white tipped tail? i would love to know more about it.

But, once again, i am really loving this Lenormand in every other way...i look forward to it's completion...

Thank you MoonGypsy, I appreciate your post!

Please tell me why this image doesn't work for you? Yes, I think the black fox might not work after all, now that I'm getting the feedback about it. I have other fox images that I found but this one was so interesting to me and I wanted to try it out. I realize now that it might not actually work. Is the woman throwing you off too or is it just the color of the fox? I honestly don't know much about the image, just that it's from 1920.

This image made me think of that caution that is needed when the fox card shows up but I realize that if you're trying to think of a small job, this image isn't going to work for that.

I'll try something different. I want all my cards to work in my deck.

Thanks everyone for you honesty!

seven stars

I like the way Lotus described it - a turn of the century scrapbook. Nicely done.