Lenormand is so dang tough!!!

Bloudwedd

I am so totally with you on this, but hang in there! It will get better. I may jinx it for myself now, but finally I starting to feel I am getting it and that after doing L on and off for almost 2 ½ years! Look at Lenormand as a language to learn and speak. I cracked the code when I started to learn what kind of accent I was using when I read the cards so to speak!

My advice is to throw away the daily's for a while. They are really, REALLY hard to do because at times the meanings are so shallow that they are almost homeopathic... Instead, take a current event, something that is going on in your life or in the outer world and ask about that and ask a question that you really can confirm later. It has to be bigger than just a day-to-day prognosis! For example, lately I have been asking the cards about the current political situation in my country Sweden and got great results in predicting, and I got almost instant gratification too since results came the day after!

Sar

I dived into the GT immideatly and have been punished for it since. :D

DownUnderNZer

GT was my teething ring & it was a sink or swim situation. Had no books or English translations...just pure observations of how two German women read them. I was a tag along really, but found it easy to grasp. It was using it in different lay outs that was the real challenge.

Lenormand for me was like a duck taking to water. :)

pickled pixie

Thanks for the advice Bloudwedd I can see how the card a day could make things confusing as I don't exactly have a 'seat of ya pants' lifestyle so it would be a tall order to ask the Lennie to come up with something everyday!! :D I'm way too scared of the GT to go anywhere near it right now peeps...I'm pretty sure I would sink and it would put me off Lenormand for life!!! :D

Teheuti

Go back to the original instruction sheet again and again and again. Until recently people started out with the Grand Tableau. It's the best way to learn. Focus first on what's immediately around the Significator.

I did a lot of 15 minutes GT readings, by having someone ask a specific question, picking a topic card (that best reflects the question) and then relating what was around the Significator to what was around the topic card (and seeing if anything connects them). You can ignore the rest of the cards!--although curiosity will start taking you further and further into what the other cards are saying, too.

Starting with daily readings for yourself is not as helpful as reading for others because the cards will often be more literal or reflect personal associations, thus creating your own language, rather than using the Lenormand language. I'm not suggesting that you don't do it, but be aware that it is harder to develop the Lenormand precision with daily readings.

BTW, during the first two years of serious Lenormand study and practice I found myself experiencing "brain aches" where my brain literally ached from all the concentration and the forging of new brain synapses necessary to perceive things in a Lenormand manner.

pickled pixie

Wow Teheuti, Thanks for the heads up!! I've only been studying about 2 weeks!!! The prospect of it still making my brain ache after 2 years is a little disheartening!! 😯

Teheuti

Wow Teheuti, Thanks for the heads up!! I've only been studying about 2 weeks!!! The prospect of it still making my brain ache after 2 years is a little disheartening!! 😯
Actually I found it very stimulating and challenging - better than Luminosity or any of those other brain stimulation apps. It's like an exercise for your brain - stretching its capacity and range.

pickled pixie

How soon did you feel confident in your readings Teheuti? I'm just itching to start reading!! I've really fallen hard for the Lenormand!! :D

Teheuti

How soon did you feel confident in your readings Teheuti? I'm just itching to start reading!! I've really fallen hard for the Lenormand!! :D
There was no on-off switch. I'd say it takes about three years to start feeling really comfortable, but there's all kinds of exciting stages and discoveries along the way. I'd recommend trying to read a Grand Tableau after just a month or two. Read for a friend of a friend in a situation where you only have 15 minutes or so. There's something about having the time pressure that really focuses your mind. You'll quickly discover just how much you already know. And practice lots of combos and short readings - for real people. Get feedback.

I do readings for TV shows, movies and plays - usually 3 or 5 cards for the plot line. It really draws my attention to what always ends up being significant parts of the shows. With reality shows you can try predicting the winners.

pickled pixie

Thanks Teheuti for the helpful tips, I really appreciate it!! 😊