9 Pentacles

PeonyInLove

Nope not necessarily alone. It comes up in my readings for people who have husbands, boyfriends, in committed relationships etc. yet their significant other is hardly ever around as they are working nonstop. She to me can be the housewife. She has everything she needs and is content with it all yet she sometimes gets lonely.

mysticangel_001

So words like complete and content could better describe this card, without the use of alone.

Thank you for your thoughts on this.

tarotbear

"Alone" - no, not exactly, but it can indicate 'being lonely' since the object of one's desires may not be around often enough. A lot has to do with which deck and what the artist created the image to be. Many have that 'Iron Locked Gate' motif and some have bars on the windows instead.

Another aspect of the gate/bars is that you choose to be 'left alone when you wish to be' - no need to check your FB page every 5 minutes to see who posted a picture of their sushi lunch. It may indicate the choice to be 'left alone' as opposed to being abandoned and being stuck all alone.

mysticangel_001

"Alone" - no, not exactly, but it can indicate 'being lonely' since the object of one's desires may not be around often enough. A lot has to do with which deck and what the artist created the image to be. Many have that 'Iron Locked Gate' motif and some have bars on the windows instead.

Another aspect of the gate/bars is that you choose to be 'left alone when you wish to be' - no need to check your FB page every 5 minutes to see who posted a picture of their sushi lunch. It may indicate the choice to be 'left alone' as opposed to being abandoned and being stuck all alone.

Oh...I am one of those who chooses to be left alone. I need my alone time to recharge, especially since I work as a bartender and am around all kinds of funky energies all day long.

Ace

I see it as being independent but that doesn't mean being alone! you can have your own security and happiness and be in a relationship or married. Being happy and confident in yourself and being self sufficient is really great in a relationship :)

I used to say I was the liberated woman card. A card of a WOMAN (yes, that was necessary since women until the 70's when I first discovered that card, where dependent on men or family.) who has enough that she can CHOOSE who can come in her 9 pentacle gate.

It doesn't mean Alone and lonely, it can mean solitude and serene. By choice. To me, It symbolizes great power.

barb

mysticangel_001

I used to say I was the liberated woman card. A card of a WOMAN (yes, that was necessary since women until the 70's when I first discovered that card, where dependent on men or family.) who has enough that she can CHOOSE who can come in her 9 pentacle gate.

It doesn't mean Alone and lonely, it can mean solitude and serene. By choice. To me, It symbolizes great power.

barb

Thanks Barb, I like the way you described it.

Haley

barb

Great interpretation. I fell much the same about her.

magicjack

independent and self sufficient. Just like the little snail by her foot. He is carrying his own home on his back.

tarotbear

independent and self sufficient. Just like the little snail by her foot. He is carrying his own home on his back.

Yes~ but the little snail also represents 'freedom to move where he pleases' and most interpretations of the card is that the snail can move about but she cannot. It depends on which aspect applies to the reading at hand.

Madrigal

This is one of my favorite Minors. I've always loved the presence of the falcon on her wrist and the relationship between the two of them. The bird is a creature of the air, the realm of the mind and I see the communion between the two of them as her ability to harness and use her intellectual skills in a masterful way resulting in the success, independence and self-sufficiency we see in the card, that it's a direct result of her own efforts.