!

miss_apples

I went to my boyfriends goddaughters b-day party and her mom made her a chocolate-khalua bunt vake that had the purple and yellow violets on them. i wouldnt dare to eat them though!

13thFaeChylde

lol...I eat violets from my yard all the time!

Nevada

I have eaten and enjoyed nasturtiums. Years ago I sometimes ate at a vegetarian restaurant where they served their own ginger beer with a fresh rosebud in the glass. No longer in business, and gosh I miss that place!

Nevada

Laura Borealis

Nasturtiums are peppery, very nice in salads. :)

I have eaten breaded and fried day lily buds -- my mom used to make them. And I have been wanting to try dandelions the same way. I hear they're very tasty.

Thank you for the link!

HudsonGray

If you do dandelions, don't use any of the green part, that's where the bitter is.

TemperanceAngel

HudsonGray said:
If you do dandelions, don't use any of the green part, that's where the bitter is.
Hudson, I don't understand what you mean? Dandelion is a bitter, it's supposed to taste bitter that's the point :laugh:

Have I misread your post? XTAX

13thFaeChylde

I've had elderberry wine before, that was yummy. I may try that myself this year, b/c last summer I found a big stand of elder on the river, far from polluting cars. Most of the elder I see here is on the roadside, and I wouldn't use that.