Secrets of the Lenormand Study Group - Q&A

Aristede

Sylvie,
Thank you! Your support of my efforts to learn and practice the secrets of the Lenormand oracle is very much appreciated! I'm amazed by how accurate my daily card draws, and No Layout readings, have been using your system.

Bee and Phoenix Rising,
Thank you for your support as well! I appreciate learning and sharing with you.

Aristede

Sylvie Steinbach

Important

I would like to take a moment to remind everyone who is following the virtual course that in order to attend and participate to the threads called 'Secrets of the Lenormand group study', one must have the book 'The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle' and a small Lenormand deck of 36 cards.

This is a free virtual class you can print the course and work on your time. I will always interact and respond to the posts -as a teacher- and on PM if needed. But in order to post your answers on any of those threads you must have the pre-requisites. IF not you are welcome to watch, read and print...But please do not post to avoid confusion on the meanings of the cards and the reading techniques. Your cooperation is greatly appreciate to ensure clarity in the threads for the students who are actively involved.

Thank you very much :)

Nigus

Confused about Keycards

I have some technical questions about the keycards. What if I have a question about the health of my father or a house for my child. Should I pick just on the tree or the house or should I focus on the man or the child. What is the keycard for the Father, the Lily maybe, and what about the child who is already a fullgrown man?

Just some questions from a beginner.

Thanx Herlinda

Sylvie Steinbach

Keycards

health = tree no matter whose health it is.
a person is either the woman or man key card no matter who it is.

The book does explain that...did you received it yet?

If you are doing a reading for an adult child then it is man or woman key card.
If it is really a child then you can use the child card.
If the question is about a specific house yes the house can be used as key card. but if it is a matter of looking for a place a multi level reading may be needed with 2 key cards the querant and the house to properly see what is needed...again it depends on how you word the question so the key card can be different then. In doubt stick to the basis: man and woman key cards.

Phoenix Rising

Playing card inlets

Hi Sylvie

I was wondering if you could tell me, does the playing card inlets have any significance in the card meanings, the courts seem to be the only ones that have any mention. Like the king on the lilly to refer to a male figure. The Queen in the snake seems to be a female rival. It just seems that the numbered pips are insignificant, as the number for the card are used and not the numbers on the playing card inlet.

Thanks

PR

Phoenix Rising

My new blog

Inspired by Aristede and Spiritsong I have too created a blog for the study of the lenormand you can find it HERE

PR

Sylvie Steinbach

Pr

In the cartomancy world a regular deck of cards can be used as any oracle. There is tradition to each card's translation and the meanings have not changed for ages.

In the Lenormand -small deck- are inserted the regular playing cards as if they had a correlation with the meanings of Lenormand. It is very far from the truth. Actually if you compare the traditional meanings of the regular playing cards with the TRADITIONAL meanings of the Lenormand, often it won't fit right -sometimes it does though.

Since this is about my work and 30 years of developing a system more accurate and dead on for professional readings, the meanings of the regular playing cards are even less connected. The only time as you have noticed there is a use for them is for the court -kings, queens specifically. But not in their traditional meanings -Lenormand or regular- but for their physical descriptions most of the time.

So for example translating the snake card by the old traditional meaning of a rival woman only is not right at least in my book! That is why if you read the snake in "The Secrets of the Lenormand Oracle" there is more meanings into the card than that...but as far as the physical description it does connect with the tradition.

So the reasoning of why I did discard the regular playing cards is because of some incompatibilities between the way the traditional Lenormand translates the meanings and the traditional cartomancy ones. This incompatibility is the proof that not all the meanings of Lenormand are accurate right from the start. Some meanings -translations- do not make sense if you look at the symbol picture and the corresponding playing card...So what went wrong? oral tradition! words and understandings got distorded over time and went on generation after generation without anyone questioning the issue. Plus most people who really master the deck won't tell you all its secrets because accessing to its divination features can make you a damned good psychic!!! why would you create new competitors to your business?! So a lot of time the masters were only telling to very few and that was it.

But then it is opening the door for the traditionalists to debate this argument and for you guys to get more confused. I mentioned the corresponding playing card symbol in the book because I felt it was fair to do so. But in reading they do not bear much influence -at least in my book and system.
So do not loose sleep over it! ;)

Phoenix Rising

Hi Sylvie

Thanks for your reply....I was curious, as I thought if there isn't any significance to them being on the card then what use are they. I don't know much about traditional methods of lenormand or playing cards. Perhaps the playing card deck was used back then with the lenormand meanings scribbled on them, until someone published the images...lol

Ok I won't lose anymore sleep over it.....zzzzzz :laugh:

Sylvie Steinbach

Pr

Well actually there are 2 Lenormand that do not have the playing cards or the poems:

The Lenormand Oracle cards from Lo Scarabeo
and
The mystic Lenormand that everyone loves...

So the playing cards are accessories that are not necessary to the Lenormand divination powers!

I invite you to get the set 'the fortune teller's deck' from jane lyle which is a simple -but nice playing card deck- and it has a well explained book included. You can then compare its translations with the Lenormand and you will see the difference.

Some readers use the playing cards as additional footnotes but as I said sometimes the meanings don't correspond and therefore create a dilemma. You can google a card of the Lenormand deck and you will usually find sites that translate the meanings using the traditional way and with the playing card integrated in it...

Best luck!