What should beginners do?

Demon Goddess

Trogon said:
The only things I would add... First; Thirteen's Tarot Basics is full of tons of good information on the cards.

Secondly - as for how long it takes to study ... well, for me, probably the rest of my life. Everytime I get a new deck, I study it and get new insights to the cards ... even new insights to my old decks. Every time I do a reading (for myself or for someone else) it is like studying how those cards fit into the "real world". And I'm constantly going back through what I've learned and refining and expanding it.

Hope that helps

Trogon is right, and 20 years in, you'll still be learning new things about old cards.

with love,

T

muteswan

Well, in a way it's good there's not a lot of tarot where you are; talk about cornering the market, eh? ;)

aville

oh, no man
as I said, tarot here's very hard to find T_T I dun think I can find anything in the market about it
:D HCM is a city of a country in the Asia :D

Umbrae

aville said:
:D HCM is a city of a country in the Asia :D
Which is why I said...
Umbrae said:
Everything you need is right here on this site. Look no further - spend no money.
Thirteen's basics is a good place to begin.
Then begin reading the ToC (table of contents) in the Using Tarot Card section.
If your interest is the Rider Waite Colman-Smith deck, begin in that study group.

Everything you need is here - and an internet connection to get here.

And you never have to leave Asia.

ArwenNightstar

Trogon said:
Uh... aville ... I don't mean to seem ignorant, but what country is "HCM"?

Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam

aville

yes, u'r rite :D
I've been around the city all day :(( but I cant find a deck.

Tecla

Perhaps you order your deck via Amazon.com

You'll get it in a few days.

Tecla

ArwenNightstar

aville said:
yes, u'r rite :D
I've been around the city all day :(( but I cant find a deck.

If you go to the front page of this site, you can see many different decks. Click on one to buy it. You will have to pay international shipping (YUCK), but your purchase will help Aeclectic as well as get you the deck you like! :cool:

aville

I know, but my parents wont let me do this :( I've read the meaning of the cards, and what should I do then :d