3 far past
4 far future
5 near past
6 near future
7 state of mine of the quarent
8 enviroment
9 hopes and fears
10 ultimate out come

but since i started browsing the forum i've found there are different meanings for the posions and i was wondering if you guys thing there maybe an easyier cc than this one that would be easy to learn?

wavebreaker

Here's an earlier thread with versions of the Celtic Cross that people use.

However, if you think the Celtic Cross is confusing, try using a spread with less cards. A lot of people find it difficult to learn the Celtic Cross because of the number of cards.

Try a simple three-card spread first, such as Past - Present - Future. And if you're comfortable using that one, you can move on to larger spreads. Or not, if you find that you prefer small spreads. ;)

Umbrae

A word of advice.

Begin at the beginning.

Go Slow! Unless you strive for mediocrity.

Begin with three card spreads. Begin doing three card readings (for others). Do them for-ever. Do a lot of them.

Three card readings are versatile, and accurate. More cards do not always mean better readings (but they look good on TV).

There is no need to advance to a five card spread until you have at least six months of reading under your belt.

Buy a spiral notebook. Use it as a Journal (very important). Write down every reading (both cards and your interpretation).

Only read for yourself no more than once a week.

Read old threads in the Archives. Read the text sections.

Dragons_Wing

why only read for myself only once a week?

right now i have a habit of reading for myself at least 2 times a day.

i do a how is my week going to be, and then a daily. for these i use a three card spread. ppf. or a one card reading.

but i have also done love life for the week and other random things.

i dont feel comfortable reading for others yet. (altho i was shufffling my deck at the card shop the day i got it and had three people come up to me to ask for a reading which at the time i only knew the cc..boy were those a desaster :( )

Emily

Hi Dragons_wing,

You do two Celtic cross spreads a day? You might find that your readings will not make much sense. Its a big spread, as Umbrae suggested, really only suitable for maybe once or twice a week. Its ok to try other spreads, I too read for myself every day but usually its just a card of the day or a 3 or 5 card past,present, future spread.
I do one big spread a week, at the end of the week, the spread changes but usually its between 7 and 11 cards.
I don't like the Celtic Cross much anyway, so I too use variants of it - they are usually worded much better for me to understand lol :)

Edited to say:-

Sorry Dragons_Wing lol, I've just read your post properly - and understand now you don't do the celtic cross 2 times a day lol - I was quite in awe of you, I haven't been able to master the original CC in the year and a bit I've been studying tarot lol

azuremariposa

Dragons_Wing said:
in the right form subcatigory :-/

the celtic cross layout i have used (and confused me) has always been

1 the quarent
2 cross
3 far past
4 far future
5 near past
6 near future
7 state of mine of the quarent
8 enviroment
9 hopes and fears
10 ultimate out come

but since i started browsing the forum i've found there are different meanings for the posions and i was wondering if you guys thing there maybe an easyier cc than this one that would be easy to learn?
Dragons_Wing, i think it all depends on what you are comfortable with...i, myself, started w/the CC & have used the CC for 15 yrs almost exclusively...my version of the CC is what i am comfortable with....after 15 yrs of reading tarot i am just starting to use smaller spreads!! LOL...so, anyway, i would say it took me at least 4-5 yrs to come to my version of the CC and how it works for me...
so, my suggestion is this...start small...less is often more...if you love the CC, use it...but sparingly...as it really is rather encompassing, and it wouldn't help much to keep asking the same question with it...
read through the thread mentioned earlier w/versions of the CC to see if any of them resonate w/you...personally, i love mine, but that's b/c it's MINE...hehe...
explore the Tarot at your own pace...why did you start reading Tarot? was it to gain deeper understanding of yourself? or to help others on their path? use that as your guide...
if you do not feel comfortable reading for others, it's ok...but i highly suggest that when you've built up enough posts, that you go to the reading exchange and offer a reading or two...ask for honest feedback...it couldn't hurt!!
anyway, that's just my two cents...take 'em for what they are worth! ;)
many blessings to all!

Dragons_Wing

thanks Umbrae :) i just printed off the first four setions to take w/ me and read today.