Torn Between Two Lovers spread

Halloween

There is this guy who is a bit of a womanizer. He seems to have a certain spell cast on this one girl, J, whom he's dated previously. However he keeps pursuing me, too, even though both of them are still hung up on one another. Funny thing is that I have no interest in the guy, yet those two still refuse to get back together. To me it seems silly and makes no sense. Go with the one who wants u back , right ?

This grade school silliness caused me to create the following spread. It is called "Torn Between Two Lovers." It's a 9 card spread but u only use 8 cards at first and leave the 9th hidden to the side in the beginning. You read the cards like an "X" and look at the answers comparatively to the other person's answers. For example he may like your face more than her face, but he likes her eyes better overall than yours. Understand ?

In the middle is the person he will end up with eventually but it doesn't mean it's necessarily the right choice. Once you've laid out the 8 cards and read them u them shuffle them and put one card in the 9 spot. That tells u whom he will choose and the main reason as to why he's chosen one woman over the other. For example it could be the personality of woman A that won out in the end. That was the deciding factor he chose one woman over the other. The person who wins that 9 spot may not be the right woman for him though. It's just what will happen due to his current needs and desires. The other woman could very well be the better match. It's simply a future prediction. There is also that last 9th card for advice which I will explain in more detail below.

The spread looks like this -

1 . . . . 6
. 3 . . 8
. . . 9
. 7 . . 2
5 . . . . 4

First thing is to shuffle and deal out 9 cards. But don't place the 9th card in the middle just yet. Put that to the side and don't look at it.

1 - what he (or she) likes about my personality the most
2 - what he likes about her personality the most
3 - what he likes about my looks the most
4 - what he likes about her looks the most
5 - how would a long term relationship be like with me over all ?
6 - " " her over all ?
7 - what is one drawback or weakness of the relationship with me ?
8 - " " with her ?
9 - memorize or write down where all of the cards are positioned. Then gather the 8 cards and shuffle them up well. Pull out one card and make that your 9th card spot. This card represents which woman he will chose and the main reason why.

Now place the other seven cards back into their original spots. You will now have one space empty. Take the 9th card that has been lying face down the entire time away from the spread and put it in the empty spot. This is your advice card. Read it in relation to the spot it is in and its surrounding cards.

Here is how I did my reading -

1 - what he (or she) likes about my personality the most
King of cups
He loves that I am super sensitive, intuitive and loving. He loves that I am mysterious and quiet and introverted. I am a challenge to him. A healing, serene vibe is sensed here as well that he respects and admires.

2 - what he likes about her personality the most
Strength
He loves just how outgoing and extroverted she is, which makes a lot of sense bc she is that way. She is sexy and vibrant and the center of attention. Just by looking at these two cards it seems he loves both opposite aspects. One introvert and one extrovert. Both personalities intrigue him.

3 - what he likes about my looks the most
King of swords
He loves that I am low maintenance and couldn't care less about the exterior and shun materialism. He loves that I do not base my beauty on cosmetic tricks and flashy outfits. I am "stunning and striking" without resorting to tricks.

4 - what he likes about her looks the most
Seven of wands
She stands out in the crowd when she dresses. Again this is the total opposite of me. She is into fashion and makes heads turn while I make my appearance know through my energy. Her sexuality is a bit demeaning as well and he likes that she is an "easy lay."

5 - how would a long term relationship be like with me over all ?
Ace of coins
Very prosperous and always full of surprises. It would be more of a business relationship than anything. Which would make sense since I have no desire to be with him. Could also refer to children.

6 - " " her over all ?
Eight of coins
"Work as usual." They would work hard together and it would be very business-like too. But it wouldn't yield nearly the same results and bear as much fruit as our relationship.

7 - what is one drawback or weakness of the relationship with me ?
Knight of wands
I will want to get out as soon as I get in. Also there is cheating and infidelity here, most likely on his end. He would probably cheat with her also which makes it all the more amusing.

8 - " " with her ?
Four of swords
Sickness and boredom. He will tire of her fast because he's "been there, done that," and he won't be yielding the results he was hoping for as he would through a relationship with me.

9 - memorize or write down ...

Okay, I am gathering the 8 cards and leaving the 9th one out of the pile, still lying face down on the table. I will now shuffle the 8 cards and pull the deciding 9th card to see who he will eventually choose and, this, the main reason why he will choose this person.

Ace of coins

He will choose me. And it's very awesome that that card is the one to show up considering it was the main reason in the reading for the long term choice as well.

The ace of coins is now in the 9th spot, the middle of the X. Now I will replace the remaining 7 cards back in the original X formation around the ace and put the 9th card that has been secret all of this time in the ace of coins's old spot, #5.

The 9th card is - the tower.

Reading this card in the 5th spot, it tells me that I would be a very strong influence in his life and he knows this. The advice here is to know that there is a lot of power in this relationship and many grand things could come of it if I decided to pair up with him. But it's also a warning to understand just how life changing this pairing could be for me. It may not [is not !] be something I want nor the person I want to be with. Seeing how it's also touching the knight of wands cheater card, it's best to let any idea of this relationship go. He is obviously the type who wants it all but refuses to compromise.

Prestelar

Great spread, i li ke the dynamic aspect of it. I'll try it with the first occasion!

Halloween

Thank you, Prestelar !

Halloween

I just want to chime in and add that you could also be the person and have the decision of the two lovers. I just tried it and it works just as well. You just need to adjust the wording that's all.

tealxlust

Great spread, and great representation of spread in use! Really in depth. Saving!

Halloween

Thanks, tealxlust!